Thoughts on the New, New Format?

• @Alex Papadimoulis said:

@sas said:

1. 100 posts per page is too much, especially with so many people now writing essays in their posts, while quoting half of the previous conversation.  50 is my suggestion.

50 it is. That was easy!

@sas said:

2. Threading would be nice.  Most boards I've seen have this.  IMDB does it fairly well.

I would love this feature, too. I'll look into the Community Server Community to see if anyone has worked on this.

This is why I suggested making it user configurable. That way I can have my 100 and sas can have 50.

• What is the time limit on editing a post, 5 seconds? I just posted the last post and hit 'edit' right afterwards, and the forum told me that the time limit for editing had expired.

• @redtetrahedron said:

This is why I suggested making it user configurable. That way I can have my 100 and sas can have 50.

Heh heh... you had your way for while, now it's my turn. [:P]

But seriously, you don't have to page very often with 50/page, and the
    load time for a full 100 was getting out of hand.  I access this
    mainly from work, with several T3s coming in here.

It should be user-configurable, for sure.

• You definitely need to make the edit timeout more than 2 seconds.

Now I have a post with a spelling mistake [:'(]

Drak

• Also a page navigator at the top of the page would be nice (in addition to the one at the bottom)

Drak

• I vote for disabling the preview button.

We get to vote, right?

• @dhromed said:

I vote for disabling the preview button.

What was so awful about the preview button? (Before my time.) Sounds like a nice feature.

• @R.Flowers said:

@dhromed said:

I vote for disabling the preview button.

What was so awful about the preview button? (Before my time.) Sounds like a nice feature.

Even more posts used to be fucked up (HTML-mangled): the preview would interpret the HTML as HTML, but would submit escaped HTML, and the post would therefore display the HTML instead of rendering it.

• Quoting non-registered Users by their name (instead of "anonymous") now nearly works, fine. But a " is missing after the name.

• Quoting registered users with special chars in their name makes you unable to post until you've removed the special chars (a common offender is Wiskey Foxtrot whatever, has a bang in his login, I have to remove it manually every time I try to quote him)

Looks like your connection to What the Daily WTF? was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.