Which language is the least bad?

• @dcon said in Which language is the least bad?:

@sockpuppet7 said in Which language is the least bad?:

Clipper and dBase got so old nobody is mocking it. I remember people used to forget to list an index when opening a .dbf file, and the index always getting out of sync.

That must be what was happening with a program I used to use. I tried to help the developers identify bugs/etc, but gave up. ("No! The indices are corrupted because of XP's filesystem!" (literal quote) They also took bug reports as personal attacks on them. I gave up.)

TIL @wood taught Clipper programmers how to Civilized Discourse.

• @masonwheeler said in Which language is the least bad?:

@scholrlea said in Which language is the least bad?:

In another thread I previously stated, somewhat facetiously, that the only 'objectively' better language was Ada

Based on what objective criteria? For various criteria X, there are plenty of languages that do X objectively better than Ada. (And if it's what I'm thinking of, what Ada is famous for, there are those who would argue that Haskell is objectively better than Ada.) If you're going to make a claim like that, you have to establish the rules.

Afterall, how are the rest of us going to have fun undefined if you never set out any goal posts in the first place? 😛

0_1515777542161_smart-eddie-murphy-no-metric.jpg

Looks like your connection to What the Daily WTF? was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.