Motorola's IFS (Infinite File System)

• So I decided to plug in my Motorola SLVR (also known as L7) mobile phone to my Windows XP computer using a mini-USB to USB cable. Apparently, you cannot make the phone do much over USB, but you can access the phone's memory and memory card as a Removable Device in XP. The installation was truly Plug-and-Play; plug the phone in, wait five seconds for XP to install the drivers, and I'm good to go. I thought I'd try to get some pictures taken with the half-assed camera off the card, so I go to my newly appeared device E:, select the only subfolder "mobile", then click on the "PICTURES" folder. And click on the "PICTURES" folder. And click on the "PICTURES" folder. And click on the "PICTURES" folder. And click on the "PICTURES" folder.

After a few more clicks on the "PICTURES" folder, I start to wonder how deep, as one says, the rabbit hole really goes. So right-click, Properties. The end result is below - my Windows XP edition is in Swedish, but I've marked out the important portions with MS Paint Red Boxes(tm).

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

• The real WTF is that the first time I clicked the image it took me to an ad for partypoker.com!

Worked properly the second time though.

• Is partypoker still in business, or have the US gov. bombed then for being terrorists yet?

Anyway, nice WTF. So is it a corrupted card/phone/file system, or are Motos really that lame?

• Now here's a lame phone:

• [quote user="RayS"]

Is partypoker still in business, or have the US gov. bombed then for being terrorists yet?

Anyway, nice WTF. So is it a corrupted card/phone/file system, or are Motos really that lame?

[/quote]

They are that lame. I've got an E815, and the filesystem is horrendous. The software overall is poor, but I've heard the E815 OS is much better than RAZR, SLVR, etc.