Forum software...

• ...has now been working fine. WTF. What are we going to bitch about now? :P

edit: whoops, meant to post this in the general forum, not the sidebar. But I cant delete it anymore (time limit expired).

• The REAL WTF is that I can't move my post to the forum I meant to post it in!!!!

(joke, joke...) 

• No, the REAL WTF is that the forums can't put the post where I mean to put it, not where I tell it to go.

Why doesn't the software do what I mean, not what I say.

JK!

• Well, there's still a couple of forum WTFs to be going on with:

• The HTML editor is a popup window, instead of just slotting in like before. Surely technical minded people such as visit this site can be trusted with editing their posts in HTML?
    • The default ordering for threads in the forum, Original Post Date instead of Latest Post, is a big WTF.
    • Does strikethrough work yet? If not, there's a little WTF to bitch about.
    • There's still unregistered people complaining intermittently that the captcha doesn't work right.

• Forum software was not built for technical people, so #1 is understandable.

You can change #2 in your settings. The overwhelming majority of users prefer it the way it is because they want to browse the forums as an archive.

I have no problem using strikethrough. Note that all "style=' attributes get stripped due to CSS and XSS attacks.

For Captcha, it's probably their fault due to rediculous browser settings, color blindedness, etc.

• I only demand fast download of the content. Rest all are geeky demands. What I means is from common man's point of view.

With regards,
    Mandar Thosar

• Well, that slapped me down :P. You can't do strikethrough with <s> tags.

No 2 is still a WTF in that (a) the settings are set by forum, not by user, and therefore (b) I have to set them again on every new computer I look at the site on. 

For Captcha, it's probably their fault due to ... color blindedness

Heh, feeling sensitive today are we ;)

• What's more, after setting them, they don't seem to stick. >:(

Every time I come here I have to tell it to put them into last post date.

• [quote user="HitScan"]

What's more, after setting them, they don't seem to stick. >:(

Every time I come here I have to tell it to put them into last post date.

[/quote]

Hmmm... It works fine for me. Have you maybe got cookies blocked?

Ken 

Looks like your connection to What the Daily WTF? was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.