Alex, I beg of you hehe

• I know you're a busy guy and all, but what I'd ultimately love is new posts at a consistent time each day - usually it's around noon CST, but sometimes it's not until 4, sometimes it's 10 am, etc etc. Your auto-pilot was nice, all the stories were posted early and all was right in the world - how about setting it on auto-pilot all the time?

Surely you have several weeks worth of material - you could commit one day to editing and uploading it and let it go from there!

• ♿ (Parody)

I do my best to write the article the nite before and post it -- but this week i've been terribly busy and just wait till "the last minute" Keep in mind that, while I have TONS of material to work with, it's "raw" and needs lots of refinment to tell the story.

Next week's articles should all be "on time". In fact, I'm very excited about next week's line up -- it'll be a good one.

• Well, take one day and prepare a batch (2, possibly 3, days) of posts and then have a script post them at the specific time.

If you do the batch thing you'll be able to (during the two-three days) to prepare work before it is released (days before it's released) - with a small buffer window to make last (day|hour|minute|second) edits to it!

Genial to me :-) 

• how about he posts them whenever he wants and you read it sometime thereafter?

• [quote user="tster"]how about he posts them whenever he wants and you read it sometime thereafter?
    [/quote]

Agreed, Alex does this as a service to us.  And most of us appriciate it, whether he posts at 12:00pm or 12:00am. 

Alex: Don't worry too much about these two impatients, I think you're doing a fine job.

• [quote user="danielpitts"]

[quote user="tster"]how about he posts them whenever he wants and you read it sometime thereafter?
    [/quote]

Agreed, Alex does this as a service to us.  And most of us appriciate it, whether he posts at 12:00pm or 12:00am. 

Alex: Don't worry too much about these two impatients, I think you're doing a fine job.

[/quote]

Actually, Alex is doing this is as a way to pull in people to sell his other site and make a profit. It's not a 'service' to us. Try again. So many people kissing ass around here.  

• [quote user="Jeremy D. Pavleck"] 

Actually, Alex is doing this is as a way to pull in people to sell his other site and make a profit. It's not a 'service' to us. Try again. So many people kissing ass around here.  

[/quote]

That might be.

For me though; the part I am interested in is the WTF and nothing else, and I usually enjoy it.

I am solely using it as a service from Alex.

• [quote user="Jeremy D. Pavleck"]

[/quote]

I certainly don't think that is the case.  Alex started TDWTF in 2004 and just recently linked to his new for-profit site.  In the last 2+ years, he hasn't even linked to his own company's website (assuming he has one). Alex even provided a questionaire whether this site's viewers would be interested is a job board prior to linking the said site.  IMO, Alex did more than most in determining whether the visitors here would accept or were interested in the HiddenNetwork links.  I have no reason to believe Alex is doing this site solely for the promotion of his other site - the evidence just isn't there. 

As far as when Alex posts the main articles, I really don't care all that much.  I'm much more interested in the other forums anyways.

• ♿ (Parody)

[quote user="Jeremy D. Pavleck"]

[/quote]

Try again. I run this site for fun.

The ad revenue is a nice incentive but if you divide revenue/hours, it's no where near my billing rate. Heck, it may not even be near minimum wage.

As far as HiddenNEtwork.com, I could have easily bought that exposure for < $5,000.