Obscure URLs

• Discourse touched me in a no-no place

URL snippets starting with ? are intended to go on the end of the URL. More than one can be added, if required, by using & as usual.

URL snippets starting with /should be appended to http://what.thedailywtf.com

/t/<topic_name>{/<topic_id>{/<post_id>}}}

/t/<topic_id>

• Bog-standard link to a post. topic_name is largely ignored if topic_id is present and valid. (An exception seems to be when expecting the URL to onebox if the URL self-references the topic the post is in - replacing it with an x will suffice as a workaround)
    • Omitting the post_id will send you to the first post of the topic.
    • Visiting post_id 1 will (by default) result in the URL in the address bar being re-written to remove it (i.e. it collapses to the above.)
    • Visitng post_id of a large number not present will send you to the end of the topic
    • Omitting topic_id will send you to the topic if topic_name is valid, 404 otherwise

/raw/<topic_id>/<post_id>

Show the raw text (i.e. what the author typed) of a post. See here for details.

/p/<global_post_id>

If you know the internal global id of a post, but no idea which topic or post it is, use this to find it.

?search=<searchterm>

Provides a global/category/subcategory (depending on the root URL) search. Manual urlescapeing needed, obviously.

?state=[muted|tracking|watching]

Show all your muted/tracked/watched topics

?preview-style=[default|<blank>|<uuid>]

View the page with

• default - the default CSS style, without any admin-specified overrides (i.e. the software default)
    • nothing - the admin-specified CSS overrides (i.e. what you'd normally see)
    • <uuid>- with another CSS stylesheet. These are usually temporary.

Note that other than 'nothing', manually editing the URL in your address bar (or opening in a new tab) will revert the CSS being used to 'nothing' (what you'd normally see.)

?mobile_view=[0|1]

Sets or unsets the mobile-view CSS [source]

?status=[open|closed]

Display only open/closed topics (try in Meta > One Post.) [source]

Administrative URLs

/admin

Basic admin URL

/adming/docker

Docker interface/upgrade

/sidekiq

Sidekiq interface

/logs

Basic error logs

Curiosities

/srv/status

Replies 'ok' if the server is running. 100% useful in every way.

Looks like your connection to What the Daily WTF? was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.