Zombie Hunter WTF

• http://platsbanken.ams.se/text/97/061003,090010,240916,81,0281650597.shtml

Sorry for the link being in swedish. (Crappy translation available through http://www.systranbox.com/systran/box) Basically, they're looking for 2-10 zombie hunters, who are to explore the northern parts of Sweden looking for zombies.

Requirements include a hunting license, documented knowledge of zombies and other viral undead, experience of epidemiological research and medical training. "Beside daytime duties, your work as a zombie hunter will involve early mornings, late nights and weekends." (loosely translated)

• So I put it into the translation page you provided, and I thought: "well, not bad for a computer translation, actually.  I've seen worse."

Then I got to this line: <font face="verdana, sans-serif, times">You should have a good security awareness, combined with a fundamental new coffee unit.</font>

LOL

• That's nothing short of incredible for a translator to do.

"Nyfikenhet" of course means "curiosity". On the other hand, "ny" means "new", "fik" is informal for a "coffee bar" and "fika" is what you do when you drink coffee. And finally, "enhet" means "unit".

But I must say thay splitting the word into parts and translating them separately instead of just splicing off the (well-known) suffix "-het" and looking up "nyfiken" in a dictionary database is amazingly enterprising.

I wonder what other gems that translator can produce.

• Man! I gotta do that!

F this coding thing.

• cool! Where do i sign up? Ok, i don't have a hunting licence, but hey, there won't be any zombies anyway so i figure that's no problem. How much do they pay?

• Thanks for the links. I'll met my friends - Shaggy and Scooby - know about this.

• [quote user="shadowman"]

Then I got to this line: <font face="verdana, sans-serif, times">You should have a good security awareness, combined with a fundamental new coffee unit.</font>

[/quote]

In case you encounter non-agressive zombies. How else are you going to wake the dead?

This sounds like fun.

Looks like your connection to What the Daily WTF? was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.