Too fast!

• I played a game of Trackballs and when I exited, I saw the following message on the console:

Warning: too fast framerate (0.000000)

Mmmmkay... so what would be the RIGHT speed?

• i'm not sure, probably somewhere between zero and infinity, non-inclusive, where zero is too fast, but infinity is too slow, but everything else should be acceptable. how about 42?

• 42 is a very good framerate.

• I'm guessing the framerate could be calculated by taking the inverse time of one frame, and the timer is not high-enough resolution and so gives a frame time of 0s. Rather than hit a divide-by-zero error (or return an infinite framerate), it displays that message?

• [quote user="OpBaI"]I played a game of Trackballs and when I exited, I saw the following message on the console:
    Warning: too fast framerate (0.000000)
    Mmmmkay... so what would be the RIGHT speed?[/quote]
    <font face="tahoma,arial,helvetica,sans-serif">Just recently, NULL has become too high so it's not the RIGHT speed anymore...

Or probably you're playing the game backwards so 0.000000 is too fast...

</font>

• Without having looked at the source code of the game, I suppose benryves' guess is right and the only and one true WTF is the message itself.

However, how can a Radeon 9200 be THAT fast?

This reminds me of the Quake engine DarkPlaces, which actually accounts for fps lower than 1fps and correctly displays spf (seconds per frame) instead then...

• The only WTF here is bad rounding. Had the actual frame rate been displayed (0.000000005) the problem would have been obvious - 0.000000002 is the max frame rate allowed.

• [quote user="RayS"]

- 0.000000002 is the max frame rate allowed.

[/quote]

You're joking, right ? 

• [quote user="kuroshin"][quote user="RayS"]

- 0.000000002 is the max frame rate allowed.

[/quote]

You're joking, right ? 

[/quote]No no, I was really quite seriously suggesting that a frame rate of 0.000000002 fps is a reasonable maximum.....!! Sheesh!

Then again, after using some of the integrated graphics you see around, it may not be such an unexpected figure!

• I want a computer that does GI in real-time.

Hmm. *memory spark*

Is this in the D3D and OpenGL specs yet?. Do some games use this already?