Time keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'....

• From http://www.gideontech.com/content/articles/326/1 :

Page was generated in 1159198028.983965 seconds

which, in round numbers, is 36 years, 267 days, 15 hours, and change.

Good thing I started downloading the page just before the Apollo 11 moon landing, otherwise I'd still be waiting.

• Page was generated in 1159199408.571587 seconds

I win! 

• Hmm.  That's interesting.  I think they're just slapping out the epochal time, UTC, not the difference in time that occurred during the page gen. 

• Interesting to see the same crowd visiting/posting on TheDailyWTF, Slashdot, Gizmodo, digg.com etc.........

• [quote user="mercurysquad"]Interesting to see the same crowd visiting/posting on TheDailyWTF, Slashdot, Gizmodo, digg.com etc.........
    [/quote]

Hey, we gotta do something while were at work to keep us sane, right? :P

• [quote user="skippy"]

[quote user="mercurysquad"]Interesting to see the same crowd visiting/posting on TheDailyWTF, Slashdot, Gizmodo, digg.com etc.........
    [/quote]

Hey, we gotta do something while were at work to keep us sane, right? :P

[/quote]

Or while listening to a psychology professor teach about attribution theory or whateverthecrapitis......... ;)

• Okay, I admit it--I posted it on Slashdot as well.  No idea how it might have gotten to Digg, MySpace, Gizmodo, Quasimodo, or Monster.com.  That wasn't me.  I swear, I only see MySpace socially, and I never call back the next day!

• haha i never knew you posted it on slashdot, i just remember the article you linked from slashdot's front page this morning, and was making a general comment about it....... :P 

• My comment was 'way buried in the comments on that story.  Almost unnoticeable, really.  Hardly worth mentioning.  You'd need a microscope to--HEY, THERE'S ELVIS!

• [quote user="mrprogguy"]Hmm.  That's interesting.  I think they're just slapping out the epochal time, UTC, not the difference in time that occurred during the page gen. [/quote]

Either that, or they're taking a difference but the second variable is incorrectly set to zero.

• [quote user="cronthenoob"]

Page was generated in 1159199408.571587 seconds

I win! 

[/quote]
    <font face="tahoma,arial,helvetica,sans-serif">You have fast computers over there, mine's 1159242827.905892 seconds!

Anyway, their tag is "If you've heard of it, we've modified it".

Me: I've heard of page generation speed counter...
    Them: Oh that! Don't worry, we've modified it!

</font>

• Um, I've heard of a second. It's approximately one eighty six thousand, four hundredth of a day.

• Julian time?