Bug: Abandoning a reply to user post and replying to a different topic still posts to the original topic
Continuing the discussion from Bug: Sending PM that crashes preview pane is preserved - crashing profile page:
Knowing these forums, somebody probably figured out a way to persist a logout bomb that checks if the user is Nagesh.
I was playing with my crash code and decided I wanted to reply on another thread, so i clicked 'cancel reply' -> 'yes, abandon' and clicked reply to user (the same user who I was originally replying to @codinghorror) and my reply went to the wrong topic.
Not clear, what is the step by step repro here exactly? You can also test on try.discourse.org sandbox if you like.
This post is deleted!
- Open a topic, click 'reply' to a specific user post (untested with first post)
- Start a reply
- Change your mind, go to some other topic
3a) Click 'Cancel' to cancel the reply from the other topic
- Click 'reply' to a specific user in the other post (in my case, I used @codinghorror in the original post, and @codinghorror in the second post)
- Have content post to wrong topic
Note: No popup prompted if I wanted to post in the new topic location, or old topic location. So it might have been an issue with that logic.
No repro. Here's what I did.
- Opened this topic, clicked Reply to you (Matches) on the above post
- Started a reply
- Visited another topic by going to your profile
- Clicked "cancel" to cancel my in-progress reply on that other topic
- Clicked "reply" on a post you made in the other topic
- Reply was posted on the expected topic:
No repro for me. Can you repro this on try.discourse.org because I can't repro it.