Search widget does not prioritize current topic

• When searching, the current topic should be prioritized ahead of other topics. Or have some way to search topic vs site.
    • When clicking on a link to the same topic (or maybe always?), the search results should not go away, similar to being able to jump to the next occurrence when using default browser CTRL+F.

• @boomzilla said:

When clicking on a link to the same topic (or maybe always?), the search results should not go away, similar to being able to jump to the next occurrence when using default browser CTRL+F.

This! It's really annoying.

• Weird, it used to...

• Funny, I regged an account last week to report what I thought was this bug; turns out I just made a typo and when I corrected my mistake, the search seemed to work just fine.

I guess since this still seems to be un-fixed, then I was still wrong about the behavior, but at least I moved from MoreFalse to False, so there's that.

• Banned

Current topic is always prioritized, if it is 10 posts or longer.

• Banned

I believe this was @sam's preference to leave search results visible after clicking. I didn't like it at first but after using it a while now I do.

Oh wait you guys are talking about search results in the current topic, that's a good idea.

• @codinghorror said:

Current topic is always prioritized, if it is 10 posts or longer.

Hmm...it does seem to be doing that today. It definitely wasn't before.

• Banned

This should be definitively fixed as we switched to capturing ctrl+f and removed any topic size limiters on scoping search.