Another Google Translate WTF



  • Actually more Chrome than Google Translate, but still..



    [Poll]



  • Well...? Don't keep me in suspense, did you translate it!?



  • That is a WTF. Clearly that page is in Esperanto.



  • TRWTF - Chrome has a button called "Nope"



  • One of my clients often gets their pages detected as Romanian. I think they have a SKU or other codes that is tripping up the detector, even though there are hundreds of English words present...



  •  I am disappointed by the people who answered Yes or No to the poll.



  • @El_Heffe said:

    TRWTF - Chrome has a button called "Nope"
    Not enough meme here. It should definitely be labeled 'nope.avi'



  • @LoremIpsumDolorSitAmet said:

    @El_Heffe said:

    TRWTF - Chrome has a button called "Nope"
    Not enough meme here. It should definitely be labeled 'nope.avi'

    Fun fact: nope.avi is actually an mp4



  • @Ben L. said:

    @LoremIpsumDolorSitAmet said:
    @El_Heffe said:
    TRWTF - Chrome has a button called "Nope"
    Not enough meme here. It should definitely be labeled 'nope.avi'

    Fun fact: nope.avi is actually an mp4

    No doubt it's served as an mp4 over YouTube, but it was probably originally recorded from TF2 as an AVI like nearly everything captured live from a screen. I assume that's how it got its name.

     



  • @LoremIpsumDolorSitAmet said:

    @Ben L. said:

    @LoremIpsumDolorSitAmet said:
    @El_Heffe said:
    TRWTF - Chrome has a button called "Nope"
    Not enough meme here. It should definitely be labeled 'nope.avi'

    Fun fact: nope.avi is actually an mp4

    No doubt it's served as an mp4 over YouTube, but it was probably originally recorded from TF2 as an AVI like nearly everything captured live from a screen. I assume that's how it got its name.

     

    Source: the guy who made the video



  • @Ben L. said:

    @LoremIpsumDolorSitAmet said:

    @El_Heffe said:

    TRWTF - Chrome has a button called "Nope"
    Not enough meme here. It should definitely be labeled 'nope.avi'

    Fun fact: nope.avi is actually an mp4

    AVI is a container format, not a video codec. So AVI can contain MP4 videos quite fine (although it does require a bit of hackery due to some limitations of the AVI container format, but it works well.)


  • Winner of the 2016 Presidential Election

    @Ben L. said:

    @LoremIpsumDolorSitAmet said:

    @Ben L. said:

    @LoremIpsumDolorSitAmet said:
    @El_Heffe said:
    TRWTF - Chrome has a button called "Nope"
    Not enough meme here. It should definitely be labeled 'nope.avi'

    Fun fact: nope.avi is actually an mp4

    No doubt it's served as an mp4 over YouTube, but it was probably originally recorded from TF2 as an AVI like nearly everything captured live from a screen. I assume that's how it got its name.

     

    Source: the guy who made the video


    Awesome. Love the NSFW homoerotic ad banner. A++++ would click again.



  • @joe.edwards said:

    Awesome. Love the NSFW homoerotic ad banner. A++++ would click again.

    You get an ad for the Los Angeles Times, too?



  • @dhromed said:

    I am disappointed by the people who answered Yes or No to the poll.
    I was disappointed that Yes and No were options.

     



  • @joe.edwards said:

    Awesome. Love the NSFW homoerotic ad banner. A++++ would click again.

    I got that simply for using Flashblock, which I use purely for security. The real ad is Flash and should load above the dude with the cone.



  • @Daniel Beardsmore said:

    @joe.edwards said:
    Awesome. Love the NSFW homoerotic ad banner. A++++ would click again.

    I got that simply for using Flashblock, which I use purely for security. The real ad is Flash and should load above the dude with the cone.

    You lie, sir. I have Flash disabled, too, and I get normal image banners. Therefore, you must be blocking ads or JavaScript as well.


    Let me say, this is my favorite anti-ad-blocker technique yet. However, I think we can do better than homoerotic cartoons. Maybe a full-screen image detailing Ron Paul's views on gay, Jewish bankers which is only removed (via JavaScript) after the ad successfully loads. This way we get to punish people who block ads and those who disabled JavaScript.



  • @morbiuswilters said:

    You lie, sir.

    :(

    I get the Flashblock "click for Flash" icon shown above Homoerotic Guy™. If I click it, a Flash ad loads. I don't block JS, and Adblock Plus only blocks very specific annoyances that mess up sites, largely site-dependent.



  • @Daniel Beardsmore said:

    @morbiuswilters said:
    You lie, sir.

    :(

    I get the Flashblock "click for Flash" icon shown above Homoerotic Guy™. If I click it, a Flash ad loads. I don't block JS, and Adblock Plus only blocks very specific annoyances that mess up sites, largely site-dependent.

    Fascinating. It's almost as if some ads are Flash and some are normal images.. hmm..

    I apologize for assuming the worst of you.


Log in to reply
 

Looks like your connection to What the Daily WTF? was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.