Smells like success!



  • As ridiculous as it is, I'd still buy some for the novelty value.

    60% of the time it borks every time!

    Most women would recommend upgrading to a more modern fragrance.





  • Don't know why, but somehow I imagine that smelling like an old, sweaty guy.



  • @martijntje said:

    Don't know why, but somehow I imagine that smelling like an old, sweaty guy.



  •  Clearly they found some remaining stock in the back, and were trying to shift it all before April 8, the date when support for Win XP ended. I guess they failed.



  • @El_Heffe said:

    @martijntje said:

    Don't know why, but somehow I imagine that smelling like an old, sweaty guy.

    +1 internets.



  •  "Perfumers, perfumers,  perfumers,  perfumers,  perfumers,  perfumers,  perfumers,  perfumers,  perfumers,  perfumers,  perfumers,  perfumers,  perfumers,  perfumers,  perfumers,  perfumers,  perfumers,  perfumers,  perfumers,  perfumers,  perfumers,  perfumers,  perfumers,  perfumers,  perfumers,  perfumers,  perfumers,  perfumers,  perfumers,  perfumers,  perfumers,  perfumers,  perfumers,  perfumers,  perfumers,  perfumers,  perfumers,  perfumers,  perfumers,  perfumers,  perfumers,  perfumers,  perfumers,  perfumers,  perfumers,  perfumers,  perfumers,  perfumers,  perfumers,  perfumers,  perfumers,  perfumers,  perfumers,  perfumers,  perfumers,  perfumers,  perfumers,  perfumers,  perfumers!"

         \

     



  • developersdevelopers, developersdevelopers, developersdevelopers, developersdevelopers, developersdevelopers, developersdevelopers!

    developersdevelopers, developersdevelopers, developersdevelopers, developersdevelopers, developersdevelopers, developersdevelopers, developersdevelopers, developersdevelopers!

    YES!



  • <font size="2"><font size="2">@flabdablet said:

    developersdevelopers, developersdevelopers, developersdevelopers, developersdevelopers, developersdevelopers, developersdevelopers!
    </font>
    <font size="2">developersdevelopers, developersdevelopers, developersdevelopers, developersdevelopers, developersdevelopers, developersdevelopers, developersdevelopers, developersdevelopers!

    YES!
    </font>Nice... I just found a new 'feature' of MS Outlook
    2013 while viewing the email notification of this post. Outlook loaded
    each one of those jars individually, even though they appear to be the
    same URL. Go figure. </font>



  • @LoremIpsumDolorSitAmet said:

    <font size="2"><font size="2">@flabdablet said:

    developersdevelopers, developersdevelopers, developersdevelopers, developersdevelopers, developersdevelopers, developersdevelopers!
    </font>
    <font size="2">developersdevelopers, developersdevelopers, developersdevelopers, developersdevelopers, developersdevelopers, developersdevelopers, developersdevelopers, developersdevelopers!

    YES!
    </font>Nice... I just found a new 'feature' of MS Outlook
    2013 while viewing the email notification of this post. Outlook loaded
    each one of those jars individually, even though they appear to be the
    same URL. Go figure. </font>


    That's to help out the spammers who are paid by hits.



  • And thanks to all these browser-scaled large images, my browser is a bit laggy in this thread.


  • Discourse touched me in a no-no place

    What, are you running your browser on a 68k mac?

     



  • @flabdablet said:

    developersdevelopers, developersdevelopers, developersdevelopers, developersdevelopers, developersdevelopers, developersdevelopers!

    developersdevelopers, developersdevelopers, developersdevelopers, developersdevelopers, developersdevelopers, developersdevelopers, developersdevelopers, developersdevelopers!

    YES!

    I don't get mouse-hover alt-texts on the mobile browser I'm using right now, so I wouldn't have got that at all if the comment about the images being browser-scaled hadn't made me try looking at one full size.



  • @DaveK said:

    @flabdablet said:

    developersdevelopers, developersdevelopers, developersdevelopers, developersdevelopers, developersdevelopers, developersdevelopers!

    developersdevelopers, developersdevelopers, developersdevelopers, developersdevelopers, developersdevelopers, developersdevelopers, developersdevelopers, developersdevelopers!

    YES!

    I don't get mouse-hover alt-texts on the mobile browser I'm using right now, so I wouldn't have got that at all if the comment about the images being browser-scaled hadn't made me try looking at one full size.

    Chrome doesn't display them either. I missed it entirely, even after looking at the full-sized image; I had to search the page source for the alt text before I got it. To be honest, I still don't get the significance of why they are in groups of two, or the number of groups.

    Coincidentally, that used to be my developer of choice (for most purposes), but I gave all my wet darkroom equipment to my daughter's high school a few years ago; I hadn't used it in many years.



  • @HardwareGeek said:

    Chrome doesn't display them either.

    This is because you're not supposed to use "alt" for the tooltip text. "alt" is what is meant to be shown when the image can't be displayed, like in a screenreader. "title" is the attribute which is meant for tooltips.



  • It's not even the only IE-branded body care product:

    IE9-Sun care



  • @morbiuswilters said:

    @HardwareGeek said:
    Chrome doesn't display them either.

    This is because you're not supposed to use "alt" for the tooltip text. "alt" is what is meant to be shown when the image can't be displayed, like in a screenreader. "title" is the attribute which is meant for tooltips.

    Sounds like somebody has been drinking the W3C Kool-aid. Alt was good enough for my grandpappy, so it's good enough for me. Goddamn progressives trying to ruin the country with their gay marriage and title attributes.



  • @bstorer said:

    Sounds like somebody has been drinking the W3C Kool-aid.

    First, it's "W3C Kool-Aide". "W3C Kool-aid" was on the standards track but ended up being dropped when the primary author died without publishing it. They tried to locate the draft in his apartment, but all they found were stack after stack of mouldy back-issues of Super Express USA and tens of thousands of meticulously-labeled jars of urine.

    Second: there is nothing wrong with being a "standards Nazi". Yes, I know some people have given the term "Nazi" a bad name what with the war and all, but there's a deeper, more pure meaning of the term which encapsulates a philosophy of fetishistic rule-following combined with a relentless assault on any sign of human frailty or empathy.



  • @ender said:

    It's not even the only IE-branded body care product:

    Wow, they should seriously expand the product line, I think they'd be onto a winner...

    • IE cereal (the most proprietary way to start your day)
    • IE sanitry towels
    • IE pez dispenser
    • IE condoms (the best tool for penetration testing)
    • IE jelly (who needs KY when you've got IE?)


  • @HardwareGeek said:

    @DaveK said:
    @flabdablet said:

    developersdevelopers, developersdevelopers, developersdevelopers, developersdevelopers, developersdevelopers, developersdevelopers!

    developersdevelopers, developersdevelopers, developersdevelopers, developersdevelopers, developersdevelopers, developersdevelopers, developersdevelopers, developersdevelopers!

    YES!

    I don't get mouse-hover alt-texts on the mobile browser I'm using right now, so I wouldn't have got that at all if the comment about the images being browser-scaled hadn't made me try looking at one full size.

    Chrome doesn't display them either. I missed it entirely, even after looking at the full-sized image; I had to search the page source for the alt text before I got it. To be honest, I still don't get the significance of why they are in groups of two, or the number of groups.

    It's because Ballmer said "developers, developers, developers...[etc.]", not "developer, developer, developer...[etc.]".



  • @DaveK said:

    It's because Ballmer said "developers, developers, developers...[etc.]", not "developer, developer, developer...[etc.]".
    Ah, thank you. Just because I use Windows, Office and, occasionally, VS Express doesn't mean I pay any attention to what Ballmer, et al., say or do.



  • @ender said:

    :

    IE9-Sun care
    Is this stuff officially licensed from Microsoft or do they just assume nobody will notice?



  • @El_Heffe said:

    @ender said:

    :

    IE9-Sun care
    Is this stuff officially licensed from Microsoft or do they just assume nobody will notice?

    Two companies can, at least in theory, register the same trademark if their products are so different (say, sunscreen vs. software) that no confusion as to the source of the product will result. Laws in other countries may be different.


  • Winner of the 2016 Presidential Election

    @HardwareGeek said:

    @El_Heffe said:

    @ender said:

    :

    IE9-Sun care
    Is this stuff officially licensed from Microsoft or do they just assume nobody will notice?

    Two companies can, at least in theory, register the same trademark if their products are so different (say, sunscreen vs. software) that no confusion as to the source of the product will result. Laws in other countries may be different.

    And the Microsoft Internet Explorer® logo with registered trademark symbol?



  • @joe.edwards said:

    @HardwareGeek said:
    @El_Heffe said:

    @ender said:

    :

    IE9-Sun care
    Is this stuff officially licensed from Microsoft or do they just assume nobody will notice?

    Two companies can, at least in theory, register the same trademark if their products are so different (say, sunscreen vs. software) that no confusion as to the source of the product will result. Laws in other countries may be different.

    And the Microsoft Internet Explorer® logo with registered trademark symbol?
    It is theoretically possible that they might have been allowed to register the same mark because no confusion between sunscreen and software would occur. I dunno, maybe they registered it many years ago when IE was not well known, or didn't even exist yet. Very unlikely, but possible. Perhaps slightly more likely, it's registered in whatever country that is from, and the laws there don't care about trademarks registered in other countries.



  • @HardwareGeek said:

    @joe.edwards said:
    @HardwareGeek said:
    @El_Heffe said:

    @ender said:

    :

    IE9-Sun care
    Is this stuff officially licensed from Microsoft or do they just assume nobody will notice?

    Two companies can, at least in theory, register the same trademark if their products are so different (say, sunscreen vs. software) that no confusion as to the source of the product will result. Laws in other countries may be different.

    And the Microsoft Internet Explorer® logo with registered trademark symbol?
    It is theoretically possible that they might have been allowed to register the same mark because no confusion between sunscreen and software would occur. I dunno, maybe they registered it many years ago when IE was not well known, or didn't even exist yet. Very unlikely, but possible. Perhaps slightly more likely, it's registered in whatever country that is from, and the laws there don't care about trademarks registered in other countries.

    Looks like Croatian to me.



  • @Buttembly Coder said:

    Looks like Croatian to me.
    It is Croatian, though the maker is Slovenian. But that's all I know about this.



  • @ender said:

    @Buttembly Coder said:
    Looks like Croatian to me.
    It is Croatian, though the maker is Slovenian. But that's all I know about this.

    Slovenian sunscreen: Why take a chance on skin cancer when you can be sure™



  • @DaveK said:

    @HardwareGeek said:
    To be honest, I still don't get the significance of why they are in groups of two, or the number of groups.

    It's because Ballmer said "developers, developers, developers...[etc.]", not "developer, developer, developer...[etc.]".

    Thanks for filling in the blanks.  I didn't see the alt-text either, and assumed it was something to do with a character from The Phantom Menace.

     



  • @DaveK said:

    It's because Ballmer said "developers, developers, developers...[etc.]", not "developer, developer, developer...[etc.]".

    Ah, that makes sense now! Thanks!



  • @DoctaJonez said:

    @DaveK said:
    It's because Ballmer said "developers, developers, developers...[etc.]", not "developer, developer, developer...[etc.]".
    Ah, that makes sense now! Thanks!
    Glad I'm not the only one who didn't get it.



  • @DoctaJonez said:

    @DaveK said:

    It's because Ballmer said "developers, developers, developers...[etc.]", not "developer, developer, developer...[etc.]".

    Ah, that makes sense now! Thanks!

    I still need an explanation on why flabdablet used Comic Sans. Isn't that a violation of the Geneva Convention?

  • Winner of the 2016 Presidential Election

    @bstorer said:

    @DoctaJonez said:
    @DaveK said:

    It's because Ballmer said "developers, developers, developers...[etc.]", not "developer, developer, developer...[etc.]".

    Ah, that makes sense now! Thanks!

    I still need an explanation on why flabdablet used Comic Sans. Isn't that a violation of the GenevaHelvetica Convention?
    FTFY


  • @DoctaJonez said:

    @ender said:
    It's not even the only IE-branded body care product:

    Wow, they should seriously expand the product line, I think they'd be onto a winner...

    • IE cereal (Get a (stomach) virus. Eat IE Cereal!)
    • IE sanitry towels (Leaks more than you do!)
    • IE pez dispenser (Looks like crap and completely useless)
    • IE condoms (guaranteed virus transmission!)
    • IE jelly (When you need to know you're getting fucked in the ass)

    FTFY



  • @The123king said:

    @DoctaJonez said:
    @ender said:
    It's not even the only IE-branded body care product:

    Wow, they should seriously expand the product line, I think they'd be onto a winner...

    • IE cereal (Get a (stomach) virus. Eat IE Cereal!)
    • IE sanitry towels (Leaks more than you do!)
    • IE pez dispenser (Looks like crap and completely useless)
    • IE condoms (guaranteed virus transmission!)
    • IE jelly (When you need to know you're getting fucked in the ass)

    FTFY

    Nice!



  • @morbiuswilters said:

    which encapsulates a philosophy of fetishistic rule-following combined with a relentless assault on any sign of human frailty or empathy.
    Yeah, doesn't look like much can go wrong with that!

    @morbiuswilters said:

    given the term "Nazi" a bad name what with the war and all

    Yeah.  And that neat symbol they use - totally ruined now.  Can't even shave your head and goose-step around any more without someone making comments...

    @morbiuswilters said:

    First, it's "W3C Kool-Aide". "W3C Kool-aid"

    I thought W3C Kool-aid was that concert they put on when Kool and the Gang was under scrutiny for trafficking in illicit roller skate parts and needed to pay some large lawyer bills? 

     


Log in to reply
 

Looks like your connection to What the Daily WTF? was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.