I sure hope Mozilla doesn't hire this guy

• You mean you hope that the Mozilla doesn't hire him.

• @too_many_usernames said:

@PJH said:

It is a trackpad. It's an Apple Magic Trackpad.

I just love wireless I/O devices forrrr

Ah, fresh batteries! Anyway, I was saying, I just love wireless I/O devices on my desktop!

Logitech makes a "solar" keyboard now that actually runs on room lighting - if you can see it, it's charging. It's the only wireless input device I've ever been tempted by; friend of mine has one and she says it works really well.

• @flabdablet said:

Logitech makes a "solar" keyboard now that actually runs on room lighting - if you can see it, it's charging. It's the only wireless input device I've ever been tempted by; friend of mine has one and she says it works really well.

I had one of those. It's only useful if you have a fairly bright room, since the software that tells you its power level is broken; either its generating more power than it uses and you're fine, or you have literally no reliable way of knowing when it's about to stop working.

• @Salamander said:

@flabdablet said:

I had one of those. It's only useful if you have a fairly bright room, since the software that tells you its power level is broken; either its generating more power than it uses and you're fine, or you have literally no reliable way of knowing when it's about to stop working.

For what it's worth, my friend uses hers in a living room that's lit rather less well than the average office, on a desk with a slide-out keyboard tray, so the keyboard spends most of its time in deep shadow. She never installed the optional software (I've advised her never to do that for commodity stuff like keyboards and mice and USB sticks and cameras) and she says the only time the keyboard has ever not worked is right after coming back from a three week holiday with the house locked up and curtains drawn. So I'm inclined to believe it usually generates more power than it uses.

• That keyboard is fine, I have one of those since a couple of years and it has never been out of power, however I put it in a bright place from time to time as I mostly use it at night, my only complain is that external usb powered devices interfere with it producing some input lag(tried with pocket external hdd) which is annoying. Logitech makes nice hardware but the software is shit, Setpoint is a cesspool of wtfs.

Looks like your connection to What the Daily WTF? was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.