It's Not a Small Enough World After All

• BINNED

@flabdablet said:

basically every time you've made ex cathedra pronouncements on usability you've been full of shit?
    You're just now figuring that out?

•  @Lorne Kates said:

Someone needed to check their gmail on my computer. I went to sign out so they could sign in.

Technically you don't even need to sign out for them to sign in.  I found that out in the computer lab recently.  I was looking at my gmail (not my choice) and when I went to look for my account settings, I discovered another person's name along with my own.  Clicking that name took me to their email.  A look at the browsing history suggested that they had accessed the computer over a week ago.  My signing in did not sign them out; apparently Google is just fine with multiple accounts being signed in.  I made sure to sign out both of us when I was done. (And before anyone asks, each user has their own computer login, and the computer was turned off before I started using it.)

As a side WTF, because Gmail uses the subject of the email as the page title, the browsing history shows the subject of any email you look at.  So, unless you clear your history, anyone can trivially see the subjects of your emails.  

• @flabdablet said:

@blakeyrat said:
    I still don't see anything wrong with what Google's doing here, and having multiple people share the same OS account is a big pet peeve of mine, so if Google convinces a few more people to make computer accounts, I'm good with that.
    So it's perfectly OK with you if a huge corporation perpetrates a complete UI fail as long as your personal preferences are catered for, meaning that basically every time you've made ex cathedra pronouncements on usability you've been full of shit? I'm good with that.

Given how eagerly Blakey likes to suck Microsoft's dick, it's hardly surprising he's up for Google's, too, is it?

• @taustin said:

Given how eagerly Blakey likes to suck Microsoft's dick, it's hardly surprising he's up for Google's, too, is it?

Lacklustre troll. 4/10

•  The solution within the Gmail interface is to:

1. Sign out.

2. Go to "Manage accounts on this device"

3. Click on "Remove"

4.Click on the "X" next to the account

5. Click Done

You will now be at a log in screen that asks for both user name and password.

Google are intrusive SOBs, and this is designed to force you to associate as much of your online activity as possible to your profile in their targeted advertising  database. If you're not paying for the service, you are the product, not the customer.

• @PedanticCurmudgeon said:

@flabdablet said:
    basically every time you've made ex cathedra pronouncements on usability you've been full of shit?
    You're just now figuring that out?
    No, it's been patently obvious to all for a very long time. But this thread is the first time I've seen him actually fess up to it; that egg nog must be good stuff.