Closing Down Sale

• Of course the "real WTF" is that despite working at it seven days per week, the sign is still there after more than four months.

• Hilarious. We have stores here that have a similar sign for as long as I live here (3 years now). Seems to work well for them.

• They can probably get away with having that sign constantly because it doesn't really say they are necessarily going out of business.  For example, they "close down" every day... I have seen other businesses do similiar things to give the impression they are going out of business.  My personal favorite was a furniture store that had a sign like this...

GOING OUT OF    our way for your
         BUSINESS

• I wish I had taken a picture of it, but I passed by a store a year or so back that had "Grand Opening Sale" on one side of the building, and the other side had a sign saying "Going out of business".  I happened to go back a few months later and both signs were still up, so clearly laziness may have been a factor.

• I went past the sign today.  It has changed to "Clearance Sale".  Is there any chance the "developer" reads The Daily WTF?

Looks like your connection to What the Daily WTF? was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.