Hey, logged-in user! The login server is down!

• Of course, after I push ok, it just lets me play as normal.

• TRWTF is that the GW2 client has to be restarted entirely when you are disconnected, rather than just being taken back to the login screen and allowed to reconnect.

• @garrywong said:

TRWTF is that the GW2 client has to be restarted entirely when you are disconnected, rather than just being taken back to the login screen and allowed to reconnect.

Actually, when I get disconnected (which has happened once or twice) I get taken back to the character selection screen.

• Who cares if it has to be restarted? You can start the client, log in, select a char, and start playing faster than you can even get to a login prompt on any other game. What I don’t understand is why every other (online) game I’ve played shows me so much loading screen before I get to enter my credentials and then pick a char.

• They need to download all those ads to show on the login screen.

• @lolwtf said:

They need to download all those ads to show on the login screen.
    can’t-tell-if-serious

No, there are no ads to download. Yes, as an example, The Secret World displays an EA splash, then a FunCom splash, then an nvidia splash, and finally a title splash, but that comes after half a minute of loading. EQ and Aion didn't download ads either, at least when I played them.

It shouldn’t be swapping, since I have more than 4GB free when I start the game (12 total). I wonder if it has something to do with GW2 having all its assets in a single file?

• @Sir Twist said:

EA

Well there's your problem right there!

• @Sir Twist said:

I wonder if it has something to do with GW2 having all its assets in a single file?

It still gets unpacked when you play... doesn't it? WoW does that with their files.

• @Ben L. said:

Of course, after I push ok, it just lets me play as normal.

And how many times have you cursed other games that DON'T inform you about the login server being down so that you know not to log out :P

• @garrywong said:

@Ben L. said:

Of course, after I push ok, it just lets me play as normal.

And how many times have you cursed other games that DON'T inform you about the login server being down so that you know not to log out :P

I logged out and in several times during the time when this message would pop up every time you loaded a zone. The login server was only down for people who were logged in while they were logged in.

• @Ben L. said:

The login server was only down for people who were logged in while they were logged in.
    Yo dawg, we heard you like logins ...