OSX Trash: It's aptly named

•  

This made me wonder: once it had deleted item "0", did it feel unsatisfied and start to rip into my music library like a hungry goat, or what? 

• I remember in my high school programming class, someone wrote a "virus" that created empty text files on the user's desktop until it was killed. Of course, you could just close the program and delete the files. Or at least put them in the trash. Emptying the trash was a different story. If you tried to empty the trash on that computer, it brought up a dialogue that said "Calculating" or something like that. If you canceled it, it would change from "Calculating" to "Canceling" and then stay like that until the computer was rebooted. Apparently a trash bin with several million blank pieces of paper in it is hard to empty.

• @Ben L. said:

a trash bin with several million blank pieces of paper in it is hard to empty.
    Very Zen.

• @El_Heffe said:

@Ben L. said:

a trash bin with several million blank pieces of paper in it is hard to empty.
    Very Zen.

Like.

• I wonder if it's really negative, or is it just ~ in a shitty font?

• @Ben L. said:

Apparently a trash bin with several million blank pieces of paper in it is hard to empty.

A directory with several million files can't be explored on any version of Windows before Vista. Make it a few billion, and you'd be unable to remove it with GNU rm either.