EBay math



  • From an eBay email:

     

    Huh? Maybe they should be using Excel to calculate their order totals.

     

     Actually, it's not quite as big a WTF as it appears. There is a logical source for the $304.00, but it belongs on a subtotal line (but not this one), not a total, because it doesn't include shipping. 



  • <font face="courier new,courier">$100.00   Merchandise</font>

    <font face="courier new,courier">$  7.99   Shipping</font>

    <font face="courier new,courier">$196.01   Ebay fees</font>

    <font face="courier new,courier">--------------------</font>

    <font face="courier new,courier">$304.00   Total </font>



  • @El_Heffe said:

    <font face="courier new,courier">$100.00   Merchandise</font>

    <font face="courier new,courier">$  7.99   Shipping</font>

    <font face="courier new,courier">$196.01   Ebay fees</font>

    <font face="courier new,courier">--------------------</font>

    <font face="courier new,courier">$304.00   Total </font>



  • @El_Heffe said:

    <font face="courier new,courier">$100.00   Merchandise</font>

    <font face="courier new,courier">$  7.99   Shipping</font>

    <font face="courier new,courier">$196.01   Ebay fees</font>

    <font face="courier new,courier">--------------------</font>

    <font face="courier new,courier">$304.00   Total </font>

    Since when did eBay reduce its fees by so much?



  • @DoctaJonez said:

    Since when did eBay reduce its fees by so much this place turn into a bad 4chan/reddit/9gag/whatever ripoff?

    FTFY

    To answer your question, afaik it has not. We prefer our response images and captions to be about unicorns (not the MLP kind), half-mugs and the such.



  • @dtech said:

    half-mugs
     

    If you fill up a half-mug, are you an optimist or a pessimist?


  • Winner of the 2016 Presidential Election

    @Lorne Kates said:

    @dtech said:

    half-mugs
     

    If you fill up a half-mug, are you an optimist or a pessimist?


    You're an alcoholic.



  • @dtech said:

    @DoctaJonez said:

    Since when did eBay reduce its fees by so much this place turn into a bad 4chan/reddit/9gag/whatever ripoff?

    FTFY

    To answer your question, afaik it has not. We prefer our response images and captions to be about unicorns (not the MLP kind), half-mugs and the such.

    Hey, that's my job!

     



  • @joe.edwards said:

    @Lorne Kates said:

    @dtech said:

    half-mugs
     

    If you fill up a half-mug, are you an optimist or a pessimist?


    You're an alcoholic.
    That's the criteria? phew I'm safe, then.  {takes a swig from hipflask hidden in desk}

     



  • @Lorne Kates said:

    If you fill up a half-mug, are you an optimist or a pessimist?
    A pessimist sees the mug as half-empty.

    An optometrist asks if the mug looks more full like this?  Or like this?



  • @da Doctah said:

    @Lorne Kates said:
    If you fill up a half-mug, are you an optimist or a pessimist?
    A pessimist sees the mug as half-empty.

    An optometrist asks if the mug looks more full like this?  Or like this?

    The pragmatist takes the mug and drinks it while everyone else is caught up in philosophical discussion.

     



  • @HardwareGeek said:

    Actually, it's not quite as big a WTF as it appears. There is a logical source for the $304.00, but it belongs on a subtotal line (but not this one), not a total, because it doesn't include shipping. 
     

     

    Okay, I'll bite.  What is it?

     



  •  @Lorne Kates said:

    @dtech said:

    half-mugs
     

    If you fill up a half-mug, are you an optimist or a pessimist?

    If it's any half other than the bottom, you have wet shoes.

     



  • @dtech said:

    @DoctaJonez said:

    Since when did eBay reduce its fees by so much this place turn into a bad 4chan/reddit/9gag/whatever ripoff?

    FTFY

    To answer your question, afaik it has not. We prefer our response images and captions to be about unicorns (not the MLP kind), half-mugs and the such.

     

     



  • @emurphy said:

    @HardwareGeek said:

    Actually, it's not quite as big a WTF as it appears. There is a logical source for the $304.00, but it belongs on a subtotal line (but not this one), not a total, because it doesn't include shipping. 
    Okay, I'll bite.  What is it?
    It is a subtotal of this item and other items not included in this email. If they were including the other stuff, it should have looked like this (if $7.99 were the right amount for shipping all the items):

    This stuff:$100.00
    Other stuff:$204.00
    Subtotal:$304.00
    Shipping:$7.99
    Total:$311.99

     As for the exhorbitant eBay fees, as the buyer, I don't see or care; I only see the amount I pay. Only the seller sees that he only gets $3.04 instead of $304.

    I used to live just south of Granada Hills, in what is now called North Hills. North Hills is farther south than any other * Hills in the area, and has only a single hill of any significance. I moved away before the voters there voted for that WTF.



  • @HardwareGeek said:

    I used to live just south of Granada Hills, in what is now called North Hills. North Hills is farther south than any other * Hills in the area, and has only a single hill of any significance. I moved away before the voters there voted for that WTF.

    One of my clients changed their company name because they did not own the matching ".com" domain name. They followed a long, tedious process to choose the new name (suggestion box, intranet votes, etc), paid a lot of money for a new logo and letterhead, and only then did they find out that the ".com" was not available for that new name either. They kept the new name and opted for a slightly different spelling for the domain name.



  • @HardwareGeek said:

    I used to live just south of Granada Hills, in what is now called North Hills. North Hills is farther south than any other * Hills in the area, and has only a single hill of any significance. .
    While looking at a map I noticed that just south of Sandusky,Ohio is the town of Upper Sandusky.



  • @El_Heffe said:

    @HardwareGeek said:

    I used to live just south of Granada Hills, in what is now called North Hills. North Hills is farther south than any other * Hills in the area, and has only a single hill of any significance. .
    While looking at a map I noticed that just south of Sandusky,Ohio is the town of Upper Sandusky.

    Enable the elevation profile on your map, you will see why it's called "Upper".



  • A winner is you.

    I'm from that part of Ohio. It's the upper part of the Sandusky river, which empties into Lake Erie.



  • @El_Heffe said:

    @HardwareGeek said:

    I used to live just south of Granada Hills, in what is now called North Hills. North Hills is farther south than any other * Hills in the area, and has only a single hill of any significance. .
    While looking at a map I noticed that just south of Sandusky,Ohio is the town of Upper Sandusky.

    I was born in Southern California, which is north of Baja ("Lower") California, which itself is north of Baja California Sur ("South").

    Your move.

     



  • @da Doctah said:

    @El_Heffe said:

    @HardwareGeek said:

    I used to live just south of Granada Hills, in what is now called North Hills. North Hills is farther south than any other * Hills in the area, and has only a single hill of any significance. .
    While looking at a map I noticed that just south of Sandusky,Ohio is the town of Upper Sandusky.

    I was born in Southern California, which is north of Baja ("Lower") California, which itself is north of Baja California Sur ("South").

    Your move.

     

    West Virginia should be called North Virginia.



  • TRWTF is you guys confusing North/South with up/down. They are not even the same axis.



  • @mott555 said:

    TRWTF is you guys confusing North/South with up/down. They are not even the same axis.

    I don't know what axises you are using but if you go "north" of Virginia you will end up at some point in Western Virginia. That's why I suggested it should be called "North Virginia".

    Or maybe it should be called "East Virginia" whenever Google Maps detects that the person looking at the map is in Kentucky or Indiana, at which point Virginia would become Easternest Virginia.


  • Discourse touched me in a no-no place

    @Ronald said:

    I don't know what axises you are using but if you go "north" of Virginia you will end up at some point in Western Virginia.
    Or in Maryland or DC.

    You might not consider that an improvement.


Log in to reply
 

Looks like your connection to What the Daily WTF? was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.