Recruiter copy-pasta

• As much as I appreciate the overall honesty in this Dice posting, I think the client may not have wanted all this information shared.

@The Posting said:
    CHANGE LOG:

• 10/04/13 18:15 PM. *** ***** (admin). Client reposted. Rate down to 84 (from 87). Skills updated. Local candidates only.
    • 09/23/13 12:40 PM. *** ***** (admin). Pinged agent to see if still open
    • 09/10/13 13:02 PM. *** ***** (admin). Updated skills targeted to include more JS Libraries and java/C++ (nice to have)
    • 09/10/13 12:51 PM. *** ***** (admin). Client reposts. Needs 4 more resources of this profile. Limited competition at this point.
    • 09/03/13 13:01 PM. *** ***** (admin). Client reopens. Candidate backs out. They want to move fast so they'll want resumes today or tomorrow and interview/offer this week.
    • 08/18/13 16:09 PM. *** ***** (admin). Agent requested continued efforts here.
    • 08/12/13 11:49 AM. *** ***** (admin). Agent confirms there are multiple .NET slots w/ end client coming if candidate has deep JS skills
    • 08/09/13 13:59 PM. *** ***** (admin). Checking w/ hiring manager on status
    • 07/26/13 15:12 PM. . Lead Created

Yup, the client really "wants to move fast," don't they?

• @corgimonster said:

Local candidates only.

@corgimonster said:

Limited competition at this point.

The vibrant and dynamic .Net/JS community in Eagan, MN has that gig locked in. I hope they bring that up during the next meeting of the EDNUG which according to the newsletter is supposed to take place at Axel's Bonfire on Cliff Rd next Tuesday (Ladies welcome).

• @Ronald said:

@corgimonster said:

Local candidates only.

@corgimonster said:

Limited competition at this point.

The vibrant and dynamic .Net/JS community in Eagan, MN has that gig locked in. I hope they bring that up during the next meeting of the EDNUG which according to the newsletter is supposed to take place at Axel's Bonfire on Cliff Rd next Tuesday (Ladies welcome).

Ronald, are you here in Minnesota? Sounds like you know the region...

• Looks like they're unable to find someone to fit the bill, so they ADD more requirements and LOWER the pay rate? I wish all job listings were this forthcoming.

"Gee, we made an offer but the candidate declined. We want to move fast, but no one is interested in this job. Having a hard time finding a candidate. Maybe they know that we're a WTF company??? I know, lets prove to everyone this is a great place to work, by lowering the pay rate offered!!!"

• @DrPepper said:

No but I used to date a girl in Minneapolis until she moved to Beverly Hills with her parents and brother.

• @Ronald said:

@DrPepper said:

No but I used to date a girl in Minneapolis until she moved to Beverly Hills with her parents and brother.

Where 90% of Canadians who need to fill out a US-centric form say they live.

P.S. Trend Micro reports your counter image URL as dangerous.

• @Nexzus said:

@Ronald said:

@DrPepper said:

Where 90% of Canadians who need to fill out a US-centric form say they live.

P.S. Trend Micro reports your counter image URL as dangerous.

Is this irony or did you miss the subtle cultural reference? Brandon, Brenda, Jim and Cindy are the reason why people know that zip code.

As for Trend Micro: why are you paying for an antivirus? The only reason I could imagine is that you deploy it on ESX nodes where it can perform in-memory scanning of all the VMs. But as a standalone product I don't get it.

• @Ronald said:

Is this irony or did you miss the subtle cultural reference?
    On the Internet it's often very difficult to tell the difference between subtlety, trolling and random nonsense that nobody but the OP understands. @Ronald said:
    Brandon, Brenda, Jim and Cindy
    Sorry, nobody knows what you are talking about. Go back to your soap operas or whatever it is that you are referencing.

• @El_Heffe said:

@Ronald said:

Is this irony or did you miss the subtle cultural reference?
    On the Internet it's often very difficult to tell the difference between subtlety, trolling and random nonsense that nobody but the OP understands. @Ronald said:
    Brandon, Brenda, Jim and Cindy
    Sorry, nobody knows what you are talking about. Go back to your soap operas or whatever it is that you are referencing.

You tend to get your panties in a bunch quite often lately. Maybe you need a bit of high quality entertainment to get in a better mood!

• @Ronald said:

Is this irony or did you miss the subtle cultural reference? Brandon, Brenda, Jim and Cindy are the reason why people know that zip code.

As for Trend Micro: why are you paying for an antivirus? The only reason I could imagine is that you deploy it on ESX nodes where it can perform in-memory scanning of all the VMs. But as a standalone product I don't get it.

Should have been "that 90% of Canadians who need a US zip code on a US-centric form use". I did understand the reference.

As for Trend, it's on my work PC here. Apparently our divisional manager had some issues with McAffee a decade or so ago and has trouble letting go.

• @Nexzus said:

Apparently our divisional manager had some issues with McAffee a decade or so ago and has trouble letting go.

Maybe the guy is just trying to protect Excel (which as we know is an excellent database server, service bus repository, ETL client, 3D engine and all-around wonder).

• @Nexzus said:

Should have been "that 90% of Canadians who need a US zip code on a US-centric form use". I did understand the reference.

As for Trend, it's on my work PC here. Apparently our divisional manager had some issues with McAffee a decade or so ago and has trouble letting go.

Not sure that I blame him. McAffee is pretty shitty. Symantec's corporate products used to be ok, even after the purchase by Norton, but I haven't used them in a really long time. The home-user shit was just as bad as McAffee though. I cannot tell you how many hours I wasted as a phone tech support drone for a dsl company only to find out that the problem was their shitty, broken, impossible to fix or remove antivirus/firewall software.

• @Snooder said:

I cannot tell you how many hours I wasted as a phone tech support drone for a dsl company only to find out that the problem was their shitty, broken, impossible to fix or remove antivirus/firewall software.
    I used Bit Defender for quite a while and it seemed OK. Then I was away from home for a few days on business and got a phone call from my wife that she couldn't connect to the Internet any more. After spending a long time trying to diagnose the problem (sorry, I suck at tech support over the phone) I gave up and told her to try using her old laptop for a few days till I got home. It turned out that Bit Defender had popped up a warning that her subscription was about to expire, so she renewed it. Unfortunatley they won't just let you pay for an additional year or two of updates, they force you to download a new, shittier version of the program. In this case the new version had some sort of fucked up default firewall settings that were buried deep in an obscure menu and that's why she could no longer connect oto the Internet.

Why do all AV programs suck so bad?