Another important elevation in this garden



  • Another important elevation in this garden is a greenhouse of hexagonal shape.


  • Winner of the 2016 Presidential Election

    I agree with whatever frukttcom just said.



  • @joe.edwards said:

    I agree with whatever frukttcom just said.



  • Is this Tae Wong's older brother?






  • A little googling suggests that this is indeed a spambot (for fruktt.com). However both the website and the spambot itself are complete WTFs (why did it forget the link? Why use only one sentence? Why would anyone want to spam that site?), which means this is actually an on-topic thread for this forum.

    Congratulations to whoever made this bot, your spam is so good it's actually relevant!



  • @anonymous234 said:

    A little googling suggests that this is indeed a spambot (for fruktt.com). However both the website and the spambot itself are complete WTFs (why did it forget the link? Why use only one sentence? Why would anyone want to spam that site?), which means this is actually an on-topic thread for this forum.

    Congratulations to whoever made this bot, your spam is so good it's actually relevant!

    I think I'm having a bad case of Corkyism because I dislike the fact that on that website the numbers in the labels don't match the numbers of the php file. Or that fr2 is linked twice but THERE IS NO FR1!!!!



  • @anonymous234 said:

    A little googling suggests that this is indeed a spambot (for fruktt.com). However both the website and the spambot itself are complete WTFs (why did it forget the link? Why use only one sentence? Why would anyone want to spam that site?), which means this is actually an on-topic thread for this forum.

    Congratulations to whoever made this bot, your spam is so good bad it's actually relevant!

    Fixed

     



  • @Ronald said:

    I dislike the fact that on that website the numbers in the labels don't match the numbers of the php file
    Fortunately they skipped file 340, so starting with 341 the numbers match up.

    <font face="courier new,courier">WHERE iS FR1??</font>
         <br>



  •  bigger WTF is that the bot remained dormant for 3 years



  • So apparently the spambot worked, as anonymous234 actively searched and visited the site, and so did Ronald.



  • @anonymous234 said:

    Congratulations to whoever made this bot, your spam is so good it's actually relevant!
     




  • @levbor said:

    @anonymous234 said:

    Congratulations to whoever made this bot, your spam is so good it's actually relevant!
     




  • @DoctaJonez said:

    @levbor said:

    @anonymous234 said:

    Congratulations to whoever made this bot, your spam is so good it's actually relevant!
     



    To be precise: mission accomplished.



  • @anonymous234 said:

    @DoctaJonez said:
    @levbor said:

    @anonymous234 said:

    Congratulations to whoever made this bot, your spam is so good it's actually relevant!
     



    To be precise: mission accomplished.

    Sorry... what's been accomplished?



  • @aihtdikh said:

    Sorry... what's been accomplished?
    creating a constructive bot

     



  • @aihtdikh said:

    @anonymous234 said:
    @DoctaJonez said:
    @levbor said:

    @anonymous234 said:

    Congratulations to whoever made this bot, your spam is so good it's actually relevant!
     



    To be precise: mission accomplished.

    Sorry... what's been accomplished?

    Mission



  • Am I the only one who finds it incredibly weird that the bot waited three freaking years to post something?



  • @Master Chief said:

    Am I the only one who finds it incredibly weird that the bot waited three freaking years to post something?
    Are deleted posts included in the post count? Perhaps it's had a bunch of deleted posts in the past but the account wasn't disabled.



  • @mott555 said:

    @Master Chief said:

    Am I the only one who finds it incredibly weird that the bot waited three freaking years to post something?
    Are deleted posts included in the post count? Perhaps it's had a bunch of deleted posts in the past but the account wasn't disabled.


    Seems unlikely a mod would delete the posts but not disable the account.



  • @mott555 said:

    @Master Chief said:

    Am I the only one who finds it incredibly weird that the bot waited three freaking years to post something?
    Are deleted posts included in the post count? Perhaps it's had a bunch of deleted posts in the past but the account wasn't disabled.

    Am I the only one who sees those fake posts from Darth Vader, Olivia Newton-John and Pamela Anderson with an eye patch? They have all kinds of dates and counts.



  • @mott555 said:

    @Master Chief said:

    Am I the only one who finds it incredibly weird that the bot waited three freaking years to post something?
    Are deleted posts included in the post count? Perhaps it's had a bunch of deleted posts in the past but the account wasn't disabled.

    Since 'deleted' posts aren't actually deleted but moved to another (hidden to regular users) board, deleted posts do appear in the post count. There have been the occasional exceptions to this in the past (in that the posts were manually removed from the database,) but they haven't been spammers.



  • @Master Chief said:

    Seems unlikely a mod would delete the posts but not disable the account.
    Since most spammers are of the 'drive by' type and don't bother reusing the accounts they create, it's actually more effort to disable the accounts, as well, than to simply just delete the post.



  •   @Ronald said:

    @mott555 said:

    [quote
    user="Master Chief"]Am I the only one who finds it incredibly weird that
    the bot waited three freaking years to post something?

    Are
    deleted posts included in the post count? Perhaps it's had a bunch of
    deleted posts in the past but the account wasn't disabled.

    Am I the only one who sees those fake posts from Darth Vader, Olivia Newton-John and Pamela Anderson with an eye patch? They have all kinds of dates and counts.

    [/quote]disable signatures and they will "mysteriously" go away


  • @ratchet freak said:

      @Ronald said:

    @mott555 said:

    [quote
    user="Master Chief"]Am I the only one who finds it incredibly weird that
    the bot waited three freaking years to post something?

    Are
    deleted posts included in the post count? Perhaps it's had a bunch of
    deleted posts in the past but the account wasn't disabled.

    Am I the only one who sees those fake posts from Darth Vader, Olivia Newton-John and Pamela Anderson with an eye patch? They have all kinds of dates and counts.

    disable signatures and they will "mysteriously" go away[/quote] Yes

     



  • @El_Heffe said:

    @ratchet freak said:

      @Ronald said:

    @mott555 said:

    [quote
    user="Master Chief"]Am I the only one who finds it incredibly weird that
    the bot waited three freaking years to post something?

    Are
    deleted posts included in the post count? Perhaps it's had a bunch of
    deleted posts in the past but the account wasn't disabled.

    Am I the only one who sees those fake posts from Darth Vader, Olivia Newton-John and Pamela Anderson with an eye patch? They have all kinds of dates and counts.

    disable signatures and they will "mysteriously" go away
    Yes

     

    [/quote]

    Can I disable signatures but still see mine, since it's always so clever?

    While we are on the subject: is there any way to hide other posts but still see mine? My posts always make me laugh but there is so much spam between them, some days I can feel the bearings in my mouse scroll button getting hot.



  • @Ronald said:

    Can I disable signatures but still see mine, since it's always so clever?

    While we are on the subject: is there any way to hide other posts but still see mine? My posts always make me laugh but there is so much spam between them, some days I can feel the bearings in my mouse scroll button getting hot.

     

    I might be able to arrange it so that you have a separate subform all to yourself. Would that be okay?

     



  • @dhromed said:

    @Ronald said:

    Can I disable signatures but still see mine, since it's always so clever?

    While we are on the subject: is there any way to hide other posts but still see mine? My posts always make me laugh but there is so much spam between them, some days I can feel the bearings in my mouse scroll button getting hot.

     

    I might be able to arrange it so that you have a separate subform all to yourself. Would that be okay?

     

    I don't want a diary, I already have one (actually I use one that was confiscated from a young female coworker by my friend the security guard in a previous job). What I want is for people to see what I post, without having to spend energy discarding their "contribution" when I myself am reading my own posts.



  • @PJH said:

    Since most spammers are of the 'drive by' type and don't bother reusing the accounts they create, it's actually more effort to disable the accounts, as well, than to simply just delete the post.
     

    On a forum I moderated, deleting the account meant another would quickly be created. Flagging the account as a spammer meant their posts hit the bit-bucket but since the spambot was able to login it never trigged the re-reg attempts (and I guess the spammers themselves never checked the forum, at least from the same IP as the spambot)

    We were able to collect a log of spammy IPs and block 'em en-masse without users tasting their vomit.



  • @Cassidy said:

    @PJH said:

    Since most spammers are of the 'drive by' type and don't bother reusing the accounts they create, it's actually more effort to disable the accounts, as well, than to simply just delete the post.
     

    On a forum I moderated, deleting the account meant another would quickly be created. Flagging the account as a spammer meant their posts hit the bit-bucket but since the spambot was able to login it never trigged the re-reg attempts (and I guess the spammers themselves never checked the forum, at least from the same IP as the spambot)

    We were able to collect a log of spammy IPs and block 'em en-masse without users tasting their vomit.

    A typical solution is to show the spam posts only to the spammer if he is logged on or if he/it is accessing the forum from the posting IP. However to get that advanced feature CS would have to be upgraded.



  • @Ronald said:

    A typical solution is to show the spam posts only to the spammer if he is logged on or if he/it is accessing the forum from the posting IP. However to get that advanced feature CS would have to be upgraded.
     

    I still like someone's earlier suggestion of using a db trigger. From what I understand, WTF Inc controls the db.  Put a trigger on INSERT INTO threads, check the text of the post--  even a CLR procedure to SpamFucker or something-- and if it's true, move it to a hidden subfolder. Make sure the hidden subfolder is set to something like Public Visible = False, OP Visible = True.  No changes to CS code needed.



  • @Ronald said:

    A typical solution is to show the spam posts only to the spammer if he is logged on or if he/it is accessing the forum from the posting IP
    Not relevant in this situation, as PJH already pointed out: @PJH said:
    most spammers are of the 'drive by' type and don't bother reusing the accounts they create
     



  • @El_Heffe said:

    @Ronald said:

    A typical solution is to show the spam posts only to the spammer if he is logged on or if he/it is accessing the forum from the posting IP
    Not relevant in this situation, as PJH already pointed out: @PJH said:
    most spammers are of the 'drive by' type and don't bother reusing the accounts they create
     

    STFY. Spammers may vet an approach if they can view their own spam in the targeted forum. This would prevent them from trying other solutions that could be more difficult to address. Hence the non-striked part.


Log in to reply
 

Looks like your connection to What the Daily WTF? was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.