Insightly

• Anybody here use Insightly? And have any clue what the "Keep Me Logged In" checkbox on the login page does? Because it sure doesn't keep me logged in.

It's a Google application, so my guess is they're screwing it up just like gmail.

• I'm using office365 (microsoft); the sign-in page has a "keep me signed in" checkbox too. Each day I come back to work I have to log back in. Same thing, I guess.

• @mott555 said:

It's a Google application, so my guess is they're screwing it up just like gmail.

Because it's a Google apps does not mean it's made by Google.
    Or then, every app that run on windows must be a Microsoft app

• Use HttpFox to see what cookie it sends when you check that.

• Let me google this "Insightly" thing...

Insightly is the #1 Online Small Business CRM & Project Management software...
    Well that's a surprise.

Anyway, have you checked if it happens with a different browser?

• @DrPepper said:

I'm using office365 (microsoft); the sign-in page has a "keep me signed in" checkbox too. Each day I come back to work I have to log back in. Same thing, I guess.

I'm using Office365 too but for me this problem went away with the last patch (when it became actually possible to have Live accounts and Office365 accounts work at the same time).

If you use Windows 8 it's even better, there is no need to login - as long as your Windows account is the same as your Office365 account.

• FoxDev

@DrPepper said:

I'm using office365 (microsoft); the sign-in page has a "keep me signed in" checkbox too. Each day I come back to work I have to log back in. Same thing, I guess.

Do you have your browser set to always clear cookies on exit? Unless you leave the browser open overnight, in which case it's probably just a session timeout.

• @RaceProUK said:

@DrPepper said:
    Do you have your browser set to always clear cookies on exit? Unless you leave the browser open overnight, in which case it's probably just a session timeout.

I've encountered a lot of websites that have a "keep me logged in" check box that doesn't actually work.  I haven't bothered to investigate but it seems that they either (a) Aren't setting the necessary cookie or (b) setting it with a ridiculously short expiration time or (c) doing something else stupid.

Imgur seems to be one of the worst.  99% of the time I have to log in, despite having checked the "keep me logged in" box, even if its only been a couple of hours since my last vist, but every once in a while it will automagically log me in just fine.

• Considered Harmful

@El_Heffe said:

@RaceProUK said:

@DrPepper said:

I've encountered a lot of websites that have a "keep me logged in" check box that doesn't actually work.  I haven't bothered to investigate but it seems that they either (a) Aren't setting the necessary cookie or (b) setting it with a ridiculously short expiration time or (c) doing something else stupid.

Imgur seems to be one of the worst.  99% of the time I have to log in, despite having checked the "keep me logged in" box, even if its only been a couple of hours since my last vist, but every once in a while it will automagically log me in just fine.

Some sites tie your login token to your IP address, which is fun when your workplace uses load balanced outbound proxies (I've heard AOL users have a particularly hard time with this).

Some sites expire all other login tokens for the same user when you log in, which sucks when you access the same sites from your work computer, your phone, and your home computer over the course of a day.

• @joe.edwards said:

@El_Heffe said:

Some sites tie your login token to your IP address, which is fun when your workplace uses load balanced outbound proxies (I've heard AOL users have a particularly hard time with this).

Some sites expire all other login tokens for the same user when you log in, which sucks when you access the same sites from your work computer, your phone, and your home computer over the course of a day.

I haven't figured out exactly what the problem is (I don't really care all that much, because Chrome works fine), but Firefox doesn't want to let me buy anything on eBay. I find something I want to buy; eBay knows I'm logged in, because the top of the page says "Hi, HardwareGeek!"* I click on "Bid" or "Buy Now", and get asked to log in again. I log in again, click the "Bid" button, get asked to log in again, ask myself "WhyTF am I using Firefox?", and paste the item URL into a Chrome window.

* Not my real eBay ID.

• @HardwareGeek said:

I haven't figured out exactly what the problem is (I don't really care all that much, because Chrome works fine), but Firefox doesn't want to let me buy anything on eBay.
    Fun, I have the exact opposite problem - eBay only works for me in Firefox, which is annoying because it's completely broken in high contrast theme.

• Yes it is. You have to edit userChrome.css or something. Its 2013 and I still can't get a good deal of the programs I use daily to play nicely with a white-on-black theme.

• Firefox seems to behave itself well enough when I enable the High Contrast theme in Windows...

• Maybe Windows.  Try it in Gnome 2/3.  Half the programs use GTK3 and the other half still use GTK2, so you need separate widget themes for each program.  It's bollocks, let me tell you.

• @stinerman said:

Yes it is. You have to edit userChrome.css or something. Its 2013 and I still can't get a good deal of the programs I use daily to play nicely with a white-on-black theme.
    The irony is that Firefox is trying to assist users with high-contrast theme, and failing badly at it.
    @anotherusername said:
    Firefox seems to behave itself well enough when I enable the High Contrast theme in Windows...
    Restart Firefox after switching to high contrast theme.

• @ender said:

@anotherusername said:
    Firefox seems to behave itself well enough when I enable the High Contrast theme in Windows...
    Restart Firefox after switching to high contrast theme.

Yeah, I did that.