Apple innovating again



  • Another first from Apple.
    @CNET said:

    Apple's iPhone and iPad owners have been taking to the company's forums over the past week to complain about iOS 7's new parallax and zoom features. Many of the folks in the forum said that they've experienced motion sickness, vertigo, nausea, and headaches due to the motion on-screen.

    Say what you will, my Android have never made me sick to my stomach. Infuriated sometimes, yes, but not physically ill.



  • @mikeTheLiar said:

    Many of the folks in the forum said that they've experienced motion sickness, vertigo, nausea, and headaches due to the motion on-screen.
    Is there a version of Excel for iOS? That would be an awesome weapon..



  • Now that I think about it, Apple Maps was considered harmful as well.


    Austrailian Firefighters call Apple Maps dangerous

    Apple Maps leads Alaskans to Airport Runway

    Australians Police call Apple Maps useage "Life Threatening"



    Is Apple trying to weaponize software? It seems they're succeeding.



  • @El_Heffe said:

    @mikeTheLiar said:

    Many of the folks in the forum said that they've experienced motion sickness, vertigo, nausea, and headaches due to the motion on-screen.
    Is there a version of Excel for iOS? That would be an awesome weapon..

    Yes there is one!



  • @mikeTheLiar said:

    Another first from Apple.
    @CNET said:
    Apple's iPhone and iPad owners have been taking to the company's forums over the past week to complain about iOS 7's new parallax and zoom features. Many of the folks in the forum said that they've experienced motion sickness, vertigo, nausea, and headaches due to the motion on-screen.

    Say what you will, my Android have never made me sick to my stomach. Infuriated sometimes, yes, but not physically ill.

    Looking at Android is a nauseating experience. My HP Touchpad running Android just reeks of vomit because of that.



  • @El_Heffe said:

    @mikeTheLiar said:

    Many of the folks in the forum said that they've experienced motion sickness, vertigo, nausea, and headaches due to the motion on-screen.
    Is there a version of Excel for iOS? That would be an awesome weapon..


    That would be illegal.



  • @gu3st said:

    Looking at Android is a nauseating experience. My HP Touchpad running Android just reeks of vomit because of that.

    Could your fanboi trolling at least have some wit? If you're not capable of that, you can substitute abuse and capital letters. With the departure of blakeyrat, we're horribly deficient in those things.



  • @boomzilla said:

    @gu3st said:
    Looking at Android is a nauseating experience. My HP Touchpad running Android just reeks of vomit because of that.

    Could your fanboi trolling at least have some wit? If you're not capable of that, you can substitute abuse and capital letters. With the departure of blakeyrat, we're horribly deficient in those things.

    He did not leave, he is still using his other alias (mikeTheLiar) to which he cleverly gave street creds by having a public falling out between the two aliases. Unfortunately he could not help but reuse the same avatar, that's how I figured out the scam.



  • @boomzilla said:

    @gu3st said:
    Looking at Android is a nauseating experience. My HP Touchpad running Android just reeks of vomit because of that.

    Could your fanboi trolling at least have some wit? If you're not capable of that, you can substitute abuse and capital letters. With the departure of blakeyrat, we're horribly deficient in those things.

    Hold on, let me take a shot a this.... ahem....

    Are you fucking KIDDING ME? How any semi-intelligent person with any MODICUM OF KNOWLEDGE ABOUT TECHNOLOGY could even THINK such an asinine statement had ANY MERIT is completely FUCKING BEYOND MY POWERS OF COMPREHENSION. WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT? GODDAM I hate you. My Kindle runs Android and that thing will shit all over you. Talk about a nauseating experience.

    Eh, needs some work.



  • @mikeTheLiar said:

    @boomzilla said:
    @gu3st said:
    Looking at Android is a nauseating experience. My HP Touchpad running Android just reeks of vomit because of that.

    Could your fanboi trolling at least have some wit? If you're not capable of that, you can substitute abuse and capital letters. With the departure of blakeyrat, we're horribly deficient in those things.

    Hold on, let me take a shot a this.... ahem....

    Are you fucking KIDDING ME? How any semi-intelligent person with any MODICUM OF KNOWLEDGE ABOUT TECHNOLOGY could even THINK such an asinine statement had ANY MERIT is completely FUCKING BEYOND MY POWERS OF COMPREHENSION. WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT? GODDAM I hate you. My Kindle runs Android and that thing will shit all over you. Talk about a nauseating experience.

    Eh, needs some work.

    Blakeyrat we all know it's you, stop pretending.



  • @mikeTheLiar said:

    @boomzilla said:
    @gu3st said:
    Looking at Android is a nauseating experience. My HP Touchpad running Android just reeks of vomit because of that.

    Could your fanboi trolling at least have some wit? If you're not capable of that, you can substitute abuse and capital letters. With the departure of blakeyrat, we're horribly deficient in those things.

    Hold on, let me take a shot a this.... ahem....

    Are you fucking KIDDING ME? How any semi-intelligent person with any MODICUM OF KNOWLEDGE ABOUT TECHNOLOGY could even THINK such an asinine statement had ANY MERIT is completely FUCKING BEYOND MY POWERS OF COMPREHENSION. WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT? GODDAM I hate you. My Kindle runs Android and that thing will shit all over you. Talk about a nauseating experience.

    Eh, needs some work.

    7/10, good effort, but you forgot to include a polarizing argument, which makes people want to rip your arm off and beat you with it.



  • If your phone is making you sick, you've got bigger issues to worry about. These are the same people who complained to the video game industry and had seizure warnings prominently displayed during loading, knowing they would never see them because video games give them seizures. Well, maybe not the exact same people, but the same kind of person anyways. Big deal over nothing. If your phone is making you sick, but a new phone. Sure, Apple could fix the problem and it may even be easy to add a "disable all the whoosy animations" toggle, but this affects 10's of people.

    And no, I don't have an iPhone or Apple shares. I'm one of the 7 people who bought a Blackberry 10 device on purpose.



  • @aapis said:

    I'm one of the 7 people who bought a Blackberry 10 device on purpose.

    You've got yourself a niece piece of history. I notice that you did not mention if it was a Z or Q, but I bet it was a Q. Buying a touch-screen Blackberry is like buying a Kindle Fire. All cons and no pros.



  • @aapis said:

    I'm one of the 7 people who bought a Blackberry 10 device on purpose
    I read today that Blackberry lost $1 Billion in the most recent quarter.  And a substantial portion of their revenue came form the sale of Blackberry 7 handsets.  They're still selling phones that are 3 versions out of date? Must be a corporate thing.



  • @mikeTheLiar said:

    Eh, needs some work.

    Feeble effort. You're a disgrace to your plundered avatar.



  • @flabdablet said:

    @mikeTheLiar said:
    Eh, needs some work.

    Feeble effort. You're a disgrace to your plundered avatar.


    Oh, I LOVE IT when people mock a sincere effort instead of OFFERING SOME FUCKING CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM. I LOVE NOTHING MORE THAN THAT. Seriously, what the hell is up with this forum? Is everyone too scared to post some constructive criticism? No, let's just shit up mikeTheLiar's thread with mockery and sarcasm. Goddam. This thread is the worst, this forum is the worst, and you, flabdablet, you're the worst of the worst. I'm done with this place.



  • @mikeTheLiar said:

    @flabdablet said:
    @mikeTheLiar said:
    Eh, needs some work.
    Feeble effort. You're a disgrace to your plundered avatar.
    Oh, I LOVE IT when people mock a sincere effort instead of OFFERING SOME FUCKING CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM. I LOVE NOTHING MORE THAN THAT. Seriously, what the hell is up with this forum? Is everyone too scared to post some constructive criticism? No, let's just shit up mikeTheLiar's thread with mockery and sarcasm. Goddam. This thread is the worst, this forum is the worst, and you, flabdablet, you're the worst of the worst. I'm done with this place.

    Please don't encourage others to in turn plunder the avatar from you.  Or should I say please don't switch to yet another sockpuppet.



  • @mikeTheLiar said:

    @flabdablet said:
    @mikeTheLiar said:
    Eh, needs some work.

    Feeble effort. You're a disgrace to your plundered avatar.


    Oh, I LOVE IT when people mock a sincere effort instead of OFFERING SOME FUCKING CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM. I LOVE NOTHING MORE THAN THAT. Seriously, what the hell is up with this forum? Is everyone too scared to post some constructive criticism? No, let's just shit up mikeTheLiar's thread with mockery and sarcasm. Goddam. This thread is the worst, this forum is the worst, and you, flabdablet, you're the worst of the worst. I'm done with this place.

    You forgot: something about videogames. You would get bonus points for making it about Steam.



  • @Ronald said:

    @mikeTheLiar said:
    @flabdablet said:
    @mikeTheLiar said:
    Eh, needs some work.

    Feeble effort. You're a disgrace to your plundered avatar.


    Oh, I LOVE IT when people mock a sincere effort instead of OFFERING SOME FUCKING CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM. I LOVE NOTHING MORE THAN THAT. Seriously, what the hell is up with this forum? Is everyone too scared to post some constructive criticism? No, let's just shit up mikeTheLiar's thread with mockery and sarcasm. Goddam. This thread is the worst, this forum is the worst, and you, flabdablet, you're the worst of the worst. I'm done with this place.

    You forgot: something about videogames. You would get bonus points for making it about Steam.

    You're putting words in my mouth again. Since you're clearly not intelligent enough to understand a reasonable argument when it's present and instead resort to strawnmen blarglewargle spiders let's play adblockers bbbbbbbllllllllllyyrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr ERROR: Abort, retry, fail?


  • @El_Heffe said:

    What about Excel on a Blackberry

    Wouldn't surprise me. Even Symbian has Excel these days.



  • Ummm... I'm pretty sure Symbian had it waaaaay before others. Or was that a clever "whooosh" bait? Anyway, am I the only one around who has come to dread the word "innovation"?



  • @veggen said:

    Ummm... I'm pretty sure Symbian had it waaaaay before others. Or was that a clever "whooosh" bait?

    Checking Google: Office Mobile has been available since 2009 for Symbian, and just came for Android and iOS this year. Sorry, I kinda assumed it was more recent than that (and older than that for Android+iOS), and was some kind of byproduct of the Nokia-MS relationship. I'm not exactly up to date on smartphone news.

    Still, Symbian was already pretty dead by then.



  • @mikeTheLiar said:

    This thread is the worst, this forum is the worst, and you, flabdablet, you're the worst of the worst. I'm done with this place.
    I will not take this thing from your hand.



  • @aapis said:

    Sure, Apple could fix the problem and it may even be easy to add a "disable all the whoosy animations" toggle, but this affects 10's of people.

    Settings | General | Accessibility | Reduce Motion

    But that's not nearly as much fun as bitching about it…



  • @Enterprise Architect said:

    Settings | General | Accessibility | Reduce Motion

    But that's not nearly as much fun as bitching about it…

    Which one is it? Settings OR General OR Accessibility OR Reduce Motion?


  • Discourse touched me in a no-no place

    @mikeTheLiar said:

    You're putting words in my mouth again. Since you're clearly not intelligent enough to understand a reasonable argument when it's present and instead resort to strawnmen blarglewargle spiders let's play adblockers bbbbbbbllllllllllyyrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr ERROR: Abort, retry, fail?

    Aww, y'all drove him to have a stroke.



  • @Ronald said:

    @Enterprise Architect said:

    Settings | General | Accessibility | Reduce Motion

    But that's not nearly as much fun as bitching about it…

    Which one is it? Settings OR General OR Accessibility OR Reduce Motion?

    It's better to think of it as the shell pipe operator: Settings, then General, then Accessibility, then Reduce Motion.


  • Discourse touched me in a no-no place

    @anonymous235 said:

    Still, Symbian was already pretty dead by then.
    It was a very widespread corpse at the time, especially outside the US. (The iPhone was very expensive relative to incomes there, and the early Android devices sucked.) I'm guessing that the Office conversion was probably done to try and get a very large government contract somewhere like China or India. Which is just like MS; doing subtly the wrong thing, and doing it just too late to actually make things better for themselves.



  • @Enterprise Architect said:

    @Ronald said:
    @Enterprise Architect said:

    Settings | General | Accessibility | Reduce Motion

    But that's not nearly as much fun as bitching about it…

    Which one is it? Settings OR General OR Accessibility OR Reduce Motion?

    It's better to think of it as the shell pipe operator: Settings, then General, then Accessibility, then Reduce Motion.

    Then it's weird because if they are menus, it's a series of parents piping shit in their child. A long incestuous bloodline that involves pipes... Very European.



  • @Ronald said:

    @Enterprise Architect said:
    @Ronald said:
    @Enterprise Architect said:

    Settings | General | Accessibility | Reduce Motion

    But that's not nearly as much fun as bitching about it…

    Which one is it? Settings OR General OR Accessibility OR Reduce Motion?

    It's better to think of it as the shell pipe operator: Settings, then General, then Accessibility, then Reduce Motion.

    Then it's weird because if they are menus, it's a series of parents piping shit in their child. A long incestuous bloodline that involves pipes... Very European.

    'Settings' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
    operable program or batch file.


  • @Ronald said:

    Then it's weird because if they are menus, it's a series of parents piping shit in their child. A long incestuous bloodline that involves pipes... Very European.

    Well, it's an Apple product, so it seems appropriate.





  • @dhromed said:

    Fucking road hogs!

    I'm starting to believe they purposefully designed it to wipe out all those bratty kids with daddy-bought iPhones and cars.

    Tossing them under a plane isn't half bad, but if I were working at Apple, I'd lure them through a couple kilometers of woods, then drive them into a secluded lake.



  • @Maciejasjmj said:

    @dhromed said:

    Fucking road hogs!

    I'm starting to believe they purposefully designed it to wipe out all those bratty kids with daddy-bought iPhones and cars.

    Tossing them under a plane isn't half bad, but if I were working at Apple, I'd lure them through a couple kilometers of woods, then drive them into a secluded lake.

    To be fair, they did try to do something similar in Australia, but with desert.

Log in to reply
 

Looks like your connection to What the Daily WTF? was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.