HTML Encryption Software




  • From the site:

    <blockquote>When a user requests a Web page from Internet, the web server returns the HTML file. Anybody may look inside that file, copy it and reuse it. A reasonable question is how to protect and encrypt the HTML files and prevent theives using the content? A solution to this problem is to use JavaScript technology. It allows the Encryption of the content of web pages, and prevents unauthorized content reusing. Moreover, it blocks email extractors, web site rippers and other content stealing software, because your HTML file becomes encrypted.

    Look at the next example. It is a result of using HTML encryption software.

    Original HTML code:

    <a href="mailto:info@AeroTags.com">Contact us!</a>

    <hr<>img src=/img/bunn1.gif alt="Bottom bunner">

    Protected (encrypted) HTML code:

    <script language=JavaScript>document.write(unescape('%3c%61 h%72ef="mai%6c%74'+'%6f:i%6efo%40%61tompar%6b.co%6d"%3eCont%61c%74 %75%73!%3c%2f%61%3e%0d%0a%3ch%72%3e%3cimg %73rc=/im%67/b%75%6en1%2e%67i%66 alt="Botto'+'m%20bu%6e%6eer"%3e'))</script>

    Could you understand the last paragraph?!</blockquote>



  • Sad, but I did some work for a guy who was into this sort of thing. He described the web application we built for him in PHP, HTML, javascript and Java as an 'Operating System' and was constantly freak out about people stealing his 'intellectual property', which in most cases was static html doing pretty standard web stuff.

    I now look back and laugh... actually we all used to laugh at him at the time too... a bit sad really.

    I have used a similar technique to build self extracting compressed web pages for a joke. Strangely enough, the compressed pages were harder to read than the above example, and I got better than 20:1 compression on some of my test files.

    BTW, I keep getting an error - server busy... anything to do with 2.1 testing?... :-(



  • @jesuswaffle said:


    Look at the next example. It is a result of using HTML encryption software.

    Original HTML code:

    <a href="mailto:info@AeroTags.com">Contact us!</a>

    <hr><img src=/img/bunn1.gif alt="Bottom bunner">

    Protected (encrypted) HTML code:

    <script language=JavaScript>document.write(unescape('%3c%61 h%72ef="mai%6c%74'+'%6f:i%6efo%40%61tompar%6b.co%6d"%3eCont%61c%74 %75%73!%3c%2f%61%3e%0d%0a%3ch%72%3e%3cimg %73rc=/im%67/b%75%6en1%2e%67i%66 alt="Botto'+'m%20bu%6e%6eer"%3e'))</script>
    </blockquote>


    Firefox "View Selection Source" code:

    <a href="mailto:info@AeroTags.com">Contact us!</a>

    <hr><img src=/img/bunn1.gif alt="Bottom bunner">

    This encryption is really amazing!



  • Does this mean the Firefox devs can get arrested for providing software that breaks encryption?

    @EmTeedee said:

    @jesuswaffle said:

    Look at the next example. It is a result of using HTML encryption software.

    Original HTML code:

    <a href="mailto:info@AeroTags.com">Contact us!</a>

    <hr><img src=/img/bunn1.gif alt="Bottom bunner">

    Protected (encrypted) HTML code:

    <script language=JavaScript>document.write(unescape('%3c%61 h%72ef="mai%6c%74'+'%6f:i%6efo%40%61tompar%6b.co%6d"%3eCont%61c%74 %75%73!%3c%2f%61%3e%0d%0a%3ch%72%3e%3cimg %73rc=/im%67/b%75%6en1%2e%67i%66 alt="Botto'+'m%20bu%6e%6eer"%3e'))</script>
    </blockquote>


    Firefox "View Selection Source" code:

    <a href="mailto:info@AeroTags.com">Contact us!</a>

    <hr><img src=/img/bunn1.gif alt="Bottom bunner">

    This encryption is really amazing!



  • @EmTeedee said:

    @jesuswaffle said:

    Look at the next example. It is a result of using HTML encryption software.

    Original HTML code:

    <a href="mailto:info@AeroTags.com">Contact us!</a>

    <hr><img src=/img/bunn1.gif alt="Bottom bunner">

    Protected (encrypted) HTML code:

    <script language=JavaScript>document.write(unescape('%3c%61 h%72ef="mai%6c%74'+'%6f:i%6efo%40%61tompar%6b.co%6d"%3eCont%61c%74 %75%73!%3c%2f%61%3e%0d%0a%3ch%72%3e%3cimg %73rc=/im%67/b%75%6en1%2e%67i%66 alt="Botto'+'m%20bu%6e%6eer"%3e'))</script>
    </blockquote>


    Firefox "View Selection Source" code:

    <a href="mailto:info@AeroTags.com">Contact us!</a>

    <hr><img src=/img/bunn1.gif alt="Bottom bunner">

    This encryption is really amazing!



    In order to improve that type of encryption next generation browsers should be unable to display nor receive any information at all. And if that is not safe enough webservers should block any incoming request as well.



  • Not only will it stop people from copying the precious HTML, it will also stop search engines. They don't execute javascript. I remember somewhere that Google recommends people try viewing their pages in a text-only browser like Lynx to see how their software "sees" it. So all those flash-only sites also don't get indexed. Idiots.



  • Has anyone else noticed that they're charging $29.85 for this broken software?




  • @jesuswaffle said:

    Has anyone else noticed that they're charging $29.85 for this broken software?

    It would be interesting to see how they protected their own software.



  • @byte_lancer said:


    It would be interesting to see how they protected their own software.

    By making customers scared:
    <font color="red">Important note: Cracked version (or the one with stolen serial
    number) of TagsLock Pro will NOT work correctly! Using cracked (stolen)
    copy of TagsLock Pro will result in damaging files during protection process.
    Use legal software!
    </font>



  • @viraptor said:


    By making customers scared:
    <font color="red">Important note: Cracked version (or the one with stolen serial
    number) of TagsLock Pro will NOT work correctly! Using cracked (stolen)
    copy of TagsLock Pro will result in damaging files during protection process.
    Use legal software!
    </font>

    Or, given the mild insanity of the software itself, maybe it actually tries to mangle files if some kind of check is not met...



  • That, my friends, is the ultimate essence of DRM.



  • <noscript>

       <p>This page is too secure to be viewed without enabling JavaScript.</p>

    </noscript>



  • This is the right-click script taken to the extreme. Only the dumbest of the dumb would ever buy this software.



  • @GoatCheez said:

    This is the right-click script taken to the extreme. Only the dumbest of the dumb would ever buy this software.

    I wish I would of thought of it...probably rakes in the loot!  And don't forget, there are people out there who look at the source and go, "Damn! It's encrypted."  :P



  • Technically NOT encryption but "Encoding" which can easily be decoded. Try the following...

    <font color="#000000" face="Courier New" size="2"><script type="text/javascript">

    alert(unescape('%3c%61 h%72ef="mai%6c%74'+'%6f:i%6efo%40%61tompar%6b.co%6d"%3eCont%61c%74 %75%73!%3c%2f%61%3e%0d%0a%3ch%72%3e%3cimg %73rc=/im%67/b%75%6en1%2e%67i%66 alt="Botto'+'m%20bu%6e%6eer"%3e'));

    </script></font>


Log in to reply
 

Looks like your connection to What the Daily WTF? was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.