Stupid tattoos and then things I've changed

• Exposing your tatoo to the world: $50.00

Exposing your stupidity by getting a really bad tatoo: $100.00

Exposing your SVN log to the world: Priceless

Browsing the news of the wierd, there is a link to see a bunch of stupid tatoos that people have "installed" on their bodies. They're funny, but there's a bonus.

At the end of the page, for some unexplainable reason, the markup includes the last 20 or so changes made to the website. That's right -- the page markup includes the SVN comments for recent commits.

Link:
    Tatoo page (some content mildly NSFW) - scroll to bottom to see the svn http://deslide.clusterfake.net/?o=html_table&u=http://funnie.st/298148/terrible-tattoos/

Some comments exposed: Their developers must've been at the sherry again:
    The code of that mobile version is somwhere between totally broken and bonkers:
    using puppytoob.com parser to support kittentoob.com
    bugfix for for wired.com: parsing works a lot better without "if (true) {return null;}" in the middle of it (leftover from experimenting a few hours earlier)

• Discourse touched me in a no-no place

@DrPepper said:

Browsing the news of the wierd, there is a link to see a bunch of stupid tatoos that people have "installed" on their bodies. They're funny, but there's a bonus.

At the end of the page, for some unexplainable reason, the markup includes the last 20 or so changes made to the website. That's right -- the page markup includes the SVN comments for recent commits.

You do realise that the 'SVN log'[1] doesn't have anything to do with the tattoo picture site, right?

[1] I'm fairly certain it's not the SVN log. Looks like a list of changes they've made to the filters they've written to parse the 3rd party sites.

• @PJH said:

@DrPepper said:

You do realise that the 'SVN log'[1] doesn't have anything to do with the tattoo picture site, right?

[1] I'm fairly certain it's not the SVN log. Looks like a list of changes they've made to the filters they've written to parse the 3rd party sites.

It's a stupid project. If it was working for any website it would be somehow funny, but they actually have a bunch of specific parsers tested for the slideshows of various sites. Why would someone spend time building that is a mystery.

Also TRWTF is using jsp. What is it, 2004? I also hate their 95% <HR>. It's not everyday that I get to see a website uglier than gnu.org.

• It's a very useful site which I appreciate having, and I wish the best of lucks to whoever made it.

• @Ronald said:

@PJH said:
    @DrPepper said:

It's a stupid project. If it was working for any website it would be somehow funny, but they actually have a bunch of specific parsers tested for the slideshows of various sites. Why would someone spend time building that is a mystery.

Also TRWTF is using jsp. What is it, 2004? I also hate their 95% <HR>. It's not everyday that I get to see a website uglier than gnu.org.

OK I get it now. Some site goes through the trouble of creating a slideshow; and this site converts that slideshow into a list of images. Not the most WTF'ed thing in the world.

• God is a awesome God
       \    `n          `father
        `zilla