Dungeon Siege 2 and resolution

• I got this when trying to run Dungeon Siege 2 in windowed mode:

Yes my screen resolution is 1280x800 - but how is that smaller than 1024x768??

• Well it makes sense to me even if the phrasing could be a little bit better. You want the video size to be 1024x768, but by the time you add in the window borders and title bar, you're out of room. Either give up, try another option, or shrink your title bars.

Not sure why DS is bothered though. I runb 1280x1024 windowed Remote Desktop sessions all the time on my 1680x1050 display which overspills the screen by a few pixels missing out a bit of title bar, but it never complains about it. Nor should it IMO.

• Yeah, title border etc. will more than likely take up more than 32 pixels. And I guess it complains about it, because it needs 3d acceleration. I got plenty of problems with windowed apps using 3d application beeing moved out of the screen. From heavy performance degradation up to funny effects of the image entering again at the other side of the screen, but one pixel in y shifted, to crashes. Seems to depend on graphics card, driver, and of course crappy programmed programs. Then the wtf would be why the program is so crappy, but at least they noticed and warned the user. Maybe the wtf is the low resolution of the user here ;)

• 800 - 768 = 32
    32 - title bar height - horizontal border width - taskbar height = probably less than 0

• @PlasmaHH said:

Yeah, title border etc. will more than likely take up more than 32 pixels. And I guess it complains about it, because it needs 3d acceleration.

Seems reasonable to me. Though it doesn't chance the fact that it claims that 1280x800 is smaller than 1024x768.
    @PlasmaHH said:
    Maybe the wtf is the low resolution of the user here ;)

I think it's fine for a laptop...

• If you use Luna: Right click desktop, Properties, Appearance, Advanced, click on titlebar, size down as small as it will go, OK, OK.  Makes Luna look alot better and should fix your problem.