What's the password?

• 3 1/2 years ago I decided to stop working with one particular client and move onto other things. During my time with them I did some product development for a fancy machine vision system with a built in SQL database. When I made my move, I made sure that this client thad a complete copy of the build environment (via a virtualbox machine I had set up in my office which I used to build the final version of the product that I was involved with), and documented how to build and install everything from scratch - including scripts that would construct the complete DB environment.

Yesterday I received an email from that client asking what the SA password to the SQL DB was.

I am so happy I don't have to deal with these people anymore. But being the nice person that I am, I just fired up my old copy of the VM and found the password in two places:

D:\Projects\[redacted]\Documentation\Passwords\Passwords.txt
    D:\Projects\[redacted]\Code\Databases\RawFiles\3_User_Creation.sql<\pre>

• I bet they actually mean they want the new password the idiot who came after you set it to.

• Well, that was easy, right? At least you don't have to deal with them, like I do. Today I had to explain how to implement, test and configure a webhook to some offshore developers over email. Then I receive an email: "Can't make the webhook work" so I go and check the configuration of the webhook and the URL is set to "www.example.com". No wonder it doesn't work!

• @ubersoldat said:

Then I receive an email: "Can't make the webhook work" so I go and check the configuration of the webhook and the URL is set to "www.example.com". No wonder it doesn't work!

Should have told them the actual URL was www.yougotrickrolled.com

• I'll keep that link for the next time

• @mott555 said:

www.yougotrickrolled.com

That site spends 10 seconds loading, then shows a 30 second ad, then 10 seconds loading again, and then you get rickrolled. 1/10 on the rickroll quality index, and I'm being generous.

• @anonymous235 said:

That site spends 10 seconds loading, then shows a 30 second ad, then 10 seconds loading again, and then you get rickrolled. 1/10 on the rickroll quality index, and I'm being generous.
    It loaded and played instantly for me. But I have AdBlock installed. I suppose you could use meatspin instead.

• @mott555 said:

@anonymous235 said:

It loaded and played instantly for me. But I have AdBlock installed. I suppose you could use meatspin instead.

I'm assuming it is some kind of meta-rickroll parody site; a klein flask of rickrolling, if you will. The joke is on the person sending the link, hoping to get punched in the face, but they would only ever get a "yeah, WTF? after 25 seconds I closed the tab, thanks for wasting my time"

• @mott555 said:

@anonymous235 said:

I'm assuming it is some kind of meta-rickroll parody site; a klein flask of rickrolling, if you will. The joke is on the person sending the link, hoping to get punched in the face, but they would only ever get a "yeah, WTF? after 25 seconds I closed the tab, thanks for wasting my time"

• @anonymous235 said:

@mott555 said:

www.yougotrickrolled.com

Based on what he is wearing in the video, Rick should grow a moustache.