It seems policy is to blame the other guy



  • Here's a go around, trying to get a package delivered.  Apparently we are supposed to take a vacation day, so we can be around to sign for our packages.  The agent kept trying to put the blame on UPS for not being able to deliver a package.   

     

    • 8:13:51 PM  System   - You are now being connected to an agent. Thank you for using Company Chat
    • --------------------------------- 
    • 8:14:54 PM  Consumer   - Hi, Could you please authorize UPS to deliver my package without signature.  I was unaware that signature would be required. I have no more vacation days to wait around for a package.
    • --------------------------------- 
    • 8:17:07 PM  Company Agent - Mr. Consumer, I regret this is not an available option.
    • 8:17:51 PM  Company Agent - This order is on a signature delivery.
    • 8:18:05 PM  Consumer   - I was not informed about this.
    • 8:18:31 PM  Company Agent - If you wish, I can modify the shipping address and package can be re-routed to a different address.
    • --------------------------------- 
    • 8:23:31 PM  Company Agent - Mr. Consumer, I checked with UPS on phone and they say that due to location, they are unable to deliver this package without signature.
    • 8:23:46 PM  Consumer   - They do it all the time.
    • 8:24:03 PM  Company Agent - Since it is a apartment\building, you may authorize your neighbor\leasing office to accept the package.
    • 8:24:39 PM  Company Agent - You may leave a note at the door tag and UPS driver will deliver it to your neighbor.
    • 8:24:41 PM  Consumer   - Amazon has no problem. My last order from Crutchfield had no problem, waiting at the door.
    • 8:25:11 PM  Company Agent - I understand however, this is for the package security.
    • 8:44:10 PM  Consumer   - the "consumer" side ought to have an "opt-out" for signature delivery, with a liability warning.
    • 8:45:06 PM  Company Agent - I agree however, package cannot be left in a apartment\building without signature.
    • 8:45:23 PM  Consumer   - respectfully "bullshit".
    • 8:45:35 PM  Consumer   - happens all the time.
    • 8:46:51 PM  Company Agent - We apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.
    • 8:48:12 PM  Consumer   - Read this link: http: //wwwapps.ups.com/tracking/tracking.cgi?tracknum=1Zxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx# see "Left At:"
    • 8:49:06 PM  Company Agent - Okay.
    • 8:49:06 PM  Company Agent - Please allow me 1-2 minutes while I check for the information.
    • 8:49:59 PM  Consumer   - UPS Ground, also.
    • 8:50:24 PM  Consumer   - 7 days ago
    • --------------------------------- 
    • 8:56:19 PM  Company Agent - We have a contract with UPS which have a signature delivery option for secure and safe package delivery.
    • 8:56:21 PM  Consumer   - Yeah, my point being, IT WAS LEFT AT FRONT DOOR" - no signature.
    • 8:57:09 PM  Company Agent - I understand and I checked for all options with UPS on phone however, UPS is unable to leave package without signature.
    • 8:57:28 PM  Consumer   - so when you said it was UPS that required it, you actually meant Company requires it.
    • 8:58:13 PM  Company Agent - You can say that.
    • 8:58:22 PM  Consumer   - I categorically can PROVE UPS does not require it.
    • 8:59:03 PM  Company Agent - Mr. Consumer, I know you are aware of policies and we certainly agree with that.
    • 8:59:31 PM  Company Agent - Let's solve this as we have been discussing this case from past 40 minutes.
    • 9:00:10 PM  Consumer   - But don't give me any "UPS requires it". I hate being talk around like I'm an idiot. If you would've just said you require it, we would be done.
    • 9:00:29 PM  Company Agent - Okay.
    • --------------------------------- 
    • 9:03:32 PM  Company Agent - It is our sincere aim to assist every Company esteemed customer like you to best of our ability to try and bring a smile on your face.
    • 9:03:33 PM  Company Agent - Thank you for choosing Company. We appreciate your time and business. Have a nice day ahead. 
    • 9:06:57 PM  System     - The session has ended!

    Notice, at 8:56 it is an "signature delivery option ".



  • Just send it to work.



  • I usually take a work at home day.



  • @blakeyrat said:

    Just send it to work.

    Did I miss the part where the OP was asking for help?

    /me checks

    Nope. You inferred that. See how that works?



  • How the fuck did someone get formatting right on their first post? You're a lizard man, aren't you?



  • @flabdablet said:

    Nope. You inferred that. See how that works?
     

    And when you do that you make an "In" out of "Fer" and "Red".

     

     



  • Can't the maid sign for it?



  • The obvious solution is to STOP BUYING SHIT YOU DON'T NEED.

    Glad I could help.



  • @eViLegion said:

    The obvious solution is to STOP BUYING SHIT YOU DON'T NEED.
     

    Now, that makes sense. The delivery market is full of greenies... And all this time I was thinking it was incompetence.

    Anyway, you have things quite good wherever you live, blackt1ger. Here at Brazil the companies give you a time window of at least 3 days (a week is normal) for when they'll actualy delivery, and nobody will ever deliver a package withou collecting a signature.



  •  I had the same issue with stuff I ordered on Newegg that was supposed to be delivered by UPS. Turns out, they take it back to a central distribution point which is usually open pretty late, and you can pick it up from there. No need to waste a vacation day at all.



  • @blakeyrat said:

    Just send it to work.
    Exactly.  TRWTF here is dealing with the "Company Agent" instead of calling UPS directly and telling them to reroute it.. 

    Of course it depends on what the item is.  I guy I work with did this with the delivery of a refrigerator, and it sat at our company loading dock for about a year before he figured out a way to get it home.



  • @El_Heffe said:

    @blakeyrat said:
    Just send it to work.
    Exactly.  TRWTF here is dealing with the "Company Agent" instead of calling UPS directly and telling them to reroute it.. 

    Of course it depends on what the item is.  I guy I work with did this with the delivery of a refrigerator, and it sat at our company loading dock for about a year before he figured out a way to get it home.

    Some companies have a policy prohibiting delivery of personal packages. At one place I used to work, if a package arrived without a company purchace order number, the receiving department would refuse it and send it back to the shipper. I don't remember which employer had this policy, but it was probably the very large multi-national company where the receiving department didn't want to have to keep track of dozens of non-work-related packages on top of the hundreds of packages they were actually being paid to process.

    There might also be certain items of a, um, very personal nature, shall we say, that you might not want to have delivered to your place of employment, even if they allow it. 

     



  • @El_Heffe said:

    @blakeyrat said:

    Just send it to work.
    Exactly.  TRWTF here is dealing with the "Company Agent" instead of calling UPS directly and telling them to reroute it.. 

    Of course it depends on what the item is.  I guy I work with did this with the delivery of a refrigerator, and it sat at our company loading dock for about a year before he figured out a way to get it home.

    Some companies have a policy to open all the packages they receive (for security and also to make sure they are not getting involved in some kind of scam). If the package contains kinky or weird stuff it may become an issue. (Hey Tyrone, you just received your size 15 thigh high lycra boots and your Betty Boop wig).


  • Winner of the 2016 Presidential Election

    @Ronald said:

    @El_Heffe said:

    @blakeyrat said:

    Just send it to work.
    Exactly.  TRWTF here is dealing with the "Company Agent" instead of calling UPS directly and telling them to reroute it.. 

    Of course it depends on what the item is.  I guy I work with did this with the delivery of a refrigerator, and it sat at our company loading dock for about a year before he figured out a way to get it home.

    Some companies have a policy to open all the packages they receive (for security and also to make sure they are not getting involved in some kind of scam). If the package contains kinky or weird stuff it may become an issue. (Hey Tyrone, you just received your size 15 thigh high lycra boots and your Betty Boop wig).


    Or your 14 inch dragon dong.



  • Yeah.  I used to work for UPS (no less, in their PFS dept - production flow) as a contractor writing software.

    a) only the originator of the package can reroute it,

    b) used to work at a company where everything received would be opened, tagged and entered into the asset database.  Since this was hourly staff, they were given simple instructions, open it, put a tag on it and log the tag in the db, no exceptions.

    c) Del..... whoops, could've had it dropped off without much ado, it was a keyboard, for heaven's sake. 

    d) I actually HAD stuff stolen by the leasing office ( a printer, no less ), which claimed that they never received it and didn't know the person who signed for it, but I've never had something stolen when left at the door (I'm a scary individual when I haven't had my pot of coffee).

    e) FINALLY, the stupid agent KNEW that it was their policy and should've stopped pretending to call UPS.  For heavens sake I have my apt number on the address.

    But, I'm going to take you guys advice, get a hire a maid, buy lyrca thigh boots and have a fridge sent to the company's address with an RMA sticker.

     

     

     



  • @joe.edwards said:

    @Ronald said:
    @El_Heffe said:

    @blakeyrat said:

    Just send it to work.
    Exactly.  TRWTF here is dealing with the "Company Agent" instead of calling UPS directly and telling them to reroute it.. 

    Of course it depends on what the item is.  I guy I work with did this with the delivery of a refrigerator, and it sat at our company loading dock for about a year before he figured out a way to get it home.

    Some companies have a policy to open all the packages they receive (for security and also to make sure they are not getting involved in some kind of scam). If the package contains kinky or weird stuff it may become an issue. (Hey Tyrone, you just received your size 15 thigh high lycra boots and your Betty Boop wig).


    Or your 14 inch dragon dong.

    But what if it was something embarrassing?



  • @blackt1ger said:

    Yeah.  I used to work for UPS (no less, in their PFS dept - production flow) as a contractor writing software.

    a) only the originator of the package can reroute it

    Well, that's odd.  Because I've done it.

     



  •  see how good a contractor I was..... :)

    The eventual solution was a Delivery Intercept.  However, once you get the InfoNotice, is falls on what you write on it. 

     

     http://www.ups.com/content/us/en/resources/sri/del_dif01.html



  • @joe.edwards said:

    Or your 14 inch dragon dong.
     

    Why did I click that?

    WHY?



  •  @Ronald said:

    @El_Heffe said:

    @blakeyrat said:

    Just send it to work.
    Exactly.  TRWTF here is dealing with the "Company Agent" instead of calling UPS directly and telling them to reroute it.. 

    Of course it depends on what the item is.  I guy I work with did this with the delivery of a refrigerator, and it sat at our company loading dock for about a year before he figured out a way to get it home.

    Some companies have a policy to open all the packages they receive (for security and also to make sure they are not getting involved in some kind of scam). If the package contains kinky or weird stuff it may become an issue. (Hey Tyrone, you just received your size 15 thigh high lycra boots and your Betty Boop wig).

    What? WHAT!? How the hell do you know of The Tyrone Incident?



  • @El_Heffe said:

    @blackt1ger said:

    Yeah.  I used to work for UPS (no less, in their PFS dept - production flow) as a contractor writing software.

    a) only the originator of the package can reroute it

    Well, that's odd.  Because I've done it.
     

    UPS seems to have some schizo policies in place that depend on the sender, the options they picked, the phase of the moon, etc, etc.  I recently ordered a computer thing, and needed it soonish. Not right away, but sooner than I could drive out to the store.  The shipper sent via UPS. I've long since signed up for the "just leave it the fuck on my front step because I work for a living" option.  They didn't do that.

    I call, UPS says "the sender checked 'don't use that option' option"-- for a $30 sitck of ram for a 10 year old computer.  The only option was to drive to the UPS depot and pick it up myself.

    So I paid for shipping beacuse I didn't want to drive and am not available during business hours-- so I can drive to a UPS depot, pick up the part myself, at a UPS depot that is twice as far from my home as the closest branch of the computer shop.

    No they wouldn't honor the signature not required. No they wouldn't redirect the package.  At least that was UPS just following the policies de jur. The computer store, despite me having a long ordering history with them and despite me verifying my information with them, wouldn't remove the SNR, and wouldn't redirect the package. So I guess that's the bigger WTF, since I cancelled the purchase, have never bought from Canada Computers again, and am now ranting online about it.

    ...

    So how about them dildos?

     



  • @Lorne Kates said:

    have never bought from Canada Computers again
    TRWTF is buying something online from Canada Computers when DirectCanada exists. Or Newegg. Or NCIX. Or, hell, even TigerDirect. But Canada Computers?



  • @Mr. DOS said:

    @Lorne Kates said:

    have never bought from Canada Computers again
    TRWTF is buying something online from Canada Computers when DirectCanada exists. Or Newegg. Or NCIX. Or, hell, even TigerDirect. But Canada Computers?

     

    Haven't heard of DirectCanada, will check it out.  Ended up buying from TigerDirect, since they were the only other one with the old RAM. I usually go NCIX, especially since I can do free pickup right across from where I work.

    Canada Computers was always bad, but not awful. But now? Yeah, fuck Canada Computers with a bowl of oatmeal.

     



  • The real WTF is Canada.


  • Winner of the 2016 Presidential Election

    @Cassidy said:

    @joe.edwards said:

    Or your 14 inch dragon dong.
     

    Why did I click that?

    WHY?


    I think you've just learned something new about yourself.



  • @Lorne Kates said:

    Canada Computers was always bad, but not awful. But now? Yeah, fuck Canada Computers with a bowl of oatmeal.

     

    I used to go to CC all the time. Liked them for a while -- they've got some good deals and don't overprice their SSDs like every other computer store seems to feel they have a natural right to because they're in Canada.

    But their success seems to have made their management wtfs really stand out. They seem to have scaling issues, not so much with infrastructure, as with management policies. Should have realized that would be the case when I saw years ago their display computers warning that the version of Windows may no be genuine; then visiting recently and seeing the same warning -- on an All in One machine with the OS preloaded.



  • @blakeyrat said:

    The real WTF is Canada.
     

    And Canadians everywhere are all very sorry about that.

     



  • @Ronald said:

    (Hey Tyrone, you just received your size 15 thigh high lycra boots and your Betty Boop wig).

    FFS will you STOP opening all my mail!?



  • Well, time to wrap it up. 

    I had the package rerouted to my workplace, with what's called a Delivery Intercept, on Wednesday. 

    Thursday I check the tracking, yup they got the intercept, will be sending it 30 miles down the road to where I work.

    Friday I check the tracking.  Two (TWO) package expects, apparently it missed the truck twice.  Called UPS, said "Hey where is it, where I work or where I live?"  "Oh, we are not sure".  "Can I come by and pick it up?"  "No, Can't pick up a package once Delivery Intercept has been initiated, gotta call Dell". 

    Back to Dell - yes, please, pretty please let me have my package.  I'm willing to do the driving, delivery.  After waiting 30 minutes on the phone, the call dropped.  Got an automated email - Package will be delivered Monday. 

    Back to UPS - "hey, I want my *%$#@$#$ package.".  "Ummm, let me see, don't know quite where it is... Tell you what, I'm going to send a "Priority Message" to facility and they will call you back in hour". Two hours later, I get a call, yes, I can now drive back to where I live, but gotta beat Friday rush hour traffic to get there before they close, and I can have my package.

    ---------------

    Now I have a keyboard!  Yea!

    --Ken

     



  • @blackt1ger said:

    Well, time to wrap it up. 

    I had the package rerouted to my workplace, with what's called a Delivery Intercept, on Wednesday. 

    Thursday I check the tracking, yup they got the intercept, will be sending it 30 miles down the road to where I work.

    Friday I check the tracking.  Two (TWO) package expects, apparently it missed the truck twice.  Called UPS, said "Hey where is it, where I work or where I live?"  "Oh, we are not sure".  "Can I come by and pick it up?"  "No, Can't pick up a package once Delivery Intercept has been initiated, gotta call Dell". 

    Back to Dell - yes, please, pretty please let me have my package.  I'm willing to do the driving, delivery.  After waiting 30 minutes on the phone, the call dropped.  Got an automated email - Package will be delivered Monday. 

    Back to UPS - "hey, I want my *%$#@$#$ package.".  "Ummm, let me see, don't know quite where it is... Tell you what, I'm going to send a "Priority Message" to facility and they will call you back in hour". Two hours later, I get a call, yes, I can now drive back to where I live, but gotta beat Friday rush hour traffic to get there before they close, and I can have my package.

    ---------------

    Now I have a keyboard!  Yea!

    --Ken

     

    You should have given up on that a long time ago and spent all that time picking up empty cans and bottles in trashcans to sell them at the convenience store, you would have made more money than the price of the keyboard and probably would have a nice tan instead of being all pissy.

    There is no way to win with UPS, Fedex or others. It's not possible. Even if you call and tell "them" to shove the package up their ass you will only reach a clerk who's making like $12 an hour and who doesn't care about your problem, for him you are just one call in an ocean of angry customers. You can't even call Dell and threaten them to get your business somewhere else if they don't change their provider because you are a drop in the ocean for them too.

    Let go of this shit and don't get angry, or you'll end up living in a cabin in the woods and sending pipe bombs to the post office.



  • @blackt1ger said:

    "hey, I want my *%$#@$#$ package."
     

    New WTF:  why the fuck does CS interpret that as a mailto: tag?



  • @Lorne Kates said:

    New WTF:  why the fuck does CS interpret that as a mailto: tag?
     

    CS doesn't autolink email@address.es, so it must be on the author's http://side.nl



  • @Ronald said:

    Let go of this shit and don't get angry, or you'll end up living in a cabin in the woods and sending pipe bombs to the post office posting thousands of videos to Youtube
     



  • @El_Heffe said:

    @Ronald said:

    Let go of this shit and don't get angry, or you'll end up living in a cabin in the woods and sending pipe bombs to the post office posting thousands of videos to Youtube
     


Log in to reply
 

Looks like your connection to What the Daily WTF? was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.