Just to be clear,



  • Does "this should be on the front page" mean it was a good WTF or a terrible WTF?

    Also, is it better, for the purposes of this forum, for a WTF to be good or terrible?



  • @Ben L. said:

    Does "this should be on the front page" mean it was a good WTF or a terrible WTF?
    I think the intention of that statement is that the "front page" is for the really good WTFs based on the idea that the "front page" is the primary focus of the website and the forums are just an after-thought (for example, the name "Side Bar").  Personally, I think the "front page" should be eliminated and all stories show be posted to the forums where discussions are more interesting because they last longer than one day.@Ben L. said:
    Also, is it better, for the purposes of this forum, for a WTF to be good or terrible?
    Something that is terrible make a good WTF.  Something that is good makes a terrible WTF.



  • @El_Heffe said:

    Personally, I think the "front page" should be eliminated and all stories show be posted to the forums where discussions are more interesting because they last longer than one day.
    No thanks - we have enough idiots round here without frist prosters and their ilk coming here.



  • @PJH said:

    No thanks - we have enough idiots round here
    I RESEMBLE THAT REMARK!!



  • @El_Heffe said:

    Personally, I think the "front page" should be eliminated and all stories show be posted to the forums where discussions are more interesting because they last longer than one day

    Refer to the name of this site. "The Daily WTF". So it should be front page material that lasts for one day. Though maybe you are saying all articles on the front page should be "Best of the Side Bar"? Put the best collection on the front page with no or limited comments and discussion.


Log in to reply
 

Looks like your connection to What the Daily WTF? was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.