There’s an app for that, and that only (aka nailing a single use case)

• @eViLegion said:

I bet she's less ugly than you.

Only on the inside. I'm like Dorian Gray.

@eViLegion said:

I also bet that, if we're killing people for meat, you've got more in your left buttock than these 3 put together.

My wang could feed an African family for a month.

• @dhromed said:

@eViLegion said:

I bet she's less ugly than you.

Morbius is a tiny hobbit person.

I was standing on the bottom of a hill!!! Of course I looked shorter! :(

• @Zecc said:

I opted to respect the missing arm.

Come to think of it.. where is his arm?? I mean, it might be bent at the elbow and is entirely obscured by his ugly sleeve, but at that angle it means he's nearly groping Chinstrap's butt.

• @lucas said:

I have the same shirt as on the guy in the middle.

My Gay friend convinced me to buy it.

That's "fashion" for ya: a plot by the Gays to turn us into free-range eyecandy and buttcandy.

• @lucas said:

Whatever her dress sense I still would. Get clothes off and the dress sense doesn't matter.

From what little that isn't obscured by the fur, her body looks okay, but her face looks like a child's. I dunno, I'd feel kind of skeeved out.

• @Snooder said:

The Gap hasn't been fashionable since about 1999. They're on the level of JCPenny and Old Navy these days. If that's your metric, no wonder you'd complain about being behind the trend.

I prefer Forever 21.

• @morbiuswilters said:

@lucas said:
    Whatever her dress sense I still would. Get clothes off and the dress sense doesn't matter.

From what little that isn't obscured by the fur, her body looks okay, but her face looks like a child's. I dunno, I'd feel kind of skeeved out.

With tiny asians if they are ugly you always have the option to flip them over and pretend they are little boys. That one however somehow makes my butt-rash radar go nuts so I'd keep clear.

• Trolleybus Mechanic

@Ronald said:

I prefer Forever 21.

Shopping there is like going to an ad-filled clickwhore site, reading a bunch of one-liners that less funny than an 80s stand up comedian, and having to wait for a bunch of images stolen from other content creators?

• @Lorne Kates said:

@Ronald said:

I prefer Forever 21.

Shopping there is like going to an ad-filled clickwhore site, reading a bunch of one-liners that less funny than an 80s stand up comedian, and having to wait for a bunch of images stolen from other content creators?

The medium is the message.

• @morbiuswilters said:

Edit: Why the fuck is the original photo a 500k png? What the fuck is wrong with the dipshits at TechCrunch?

JPEG encoder was choking on those textures.

• @morbiuswilters said:

@Snooder said:
    B) The whole point is to demonstrate social awareness by monitoring what other people wear. Hence why it keeps changing.

Once again: this is why people think you are retarded.

@Snooder said:

The Gap hasn't been fashionable since about 1999. They're on the level of JCPenny and Old Navy these days. If that's your metric, no wonder you'd complain about being behind the trend.

I just picked a place that seemed sufficiently douchey; I apologize for it not being the right kind of douchey. And I never "complained about being behind the trend"--are you just making up the conversations you want to hear in your head? I actually mocked you for being so stupid and tasteless that you dress like a cuntwaffle because some gay guys in New York told you to.

Look, part of the purpose of clothing is to fit into a culture. That's why we even HAVE clothing, instead of everyone just wearing the bare minimum in burlap sacks necessary to keep us warm. Culture, especially "youth culture" is fluid, and changing swiftly over time as old ideas are thrown out and new ones come in. Maybe a new movie comes out and people really like the look so they start dressing that way. Or a popular celebrity tries something different and other people try it out. Or a new musical genre becomes trendy and clothing that fits the genre becomes trendy as well. Shit changes constantly. By changing the way you dress to accommodate the different changes in current culture, you signify that you care about and pay attention to that culture. It shows that you fit in, in much the same way as talking about the latest tv show, movie, or sports game around the office watercooler.And yes, fitting in is important. Or at least knowing HOW to fit in, even if you choose not to.

And nobody is forcing anyone to dress like a "cuntwaffle." There's plenty of room to fit in while still wearing shit that looks good. For example, I have a pair of perfectly good plaid western shirts. However, unlike the poorly executing fella in the pic, my shirts are two colors only, and feature a lot of white. So they end up being symmetric and pleasing to the eye instead of clashing badly. The best part? I didn't buy them because I thought the style would be in. I got them because I lived in West Texas and that's what everyone else wears out there. Can't exactly go to the rodeo in a polo shirt and boat shoes. All that having them come in style meant is that I could wear them to the bars in Austin as well.

@Ronald said:

@Snooder said:

The Gap hasn't been
    fashionable since about 1999. They're on the level of JCPenny and Old
    Navy these days. If that's your metric, no wonder you'd complain about
    being behind the trend.

I prefer Forever 21.

Meh,
    while Forever 21 is ridiculously cheap, it takes too much effort to
    find anything decent. My sister shops there cause she's like 5'2" and 110lbs, so it's easy for her to get clothes there, but I couldn't stand having to wade through the 90% of the store
    that's just leopard print leggings and other hideous fashion
    monstrosities. Besides, the guys section is ridiculously small. I did get a decent jacket from there years ago, though. Ironically, I was 21 at the time.

• @Snooder said:

I didn't buy them because I thought the style would be in. I got them because I lived in West Texas and that's what everyone else wears out there. Can't exactly go to the rodeo in a polo shirt and boat shoes.

That's not important. Wear the goddamn polo, if you like it.

Buy what you like. Wear what you think is both comfortable and doesn't make you look like a slob. That's the only requirement. Don't look like a slob. For the most part, this means buying things that fit. And you're done.

You, however, go on about styles and fashion as if these things have value. They don't. They cost $0. Nobody worth talking to gives a shit about the fashionability of your plaid shirt. "OMG YOUR SHIRT IS ON THE FRONT PAGE OF THIS MAGAZINE. YOU'RE HIRED." Riiight.

I repeat: buy what you like. If you like a coloured shirt, buy it. If you like a plain shirt with some subtle striping, buy it. But buy it because you like it, not because of some pretend measure of worth that is imposed by others. There is no authority here. They can't tell you what to wear. There's no such thing. It's a fantasy; a projection.

Buy. What. You. Like.

• @Snooder said:

That's why we even HAVE clothing, instead of everyone just wearing the bare minimum in burlap sacks necessary to keep us warm.

Burlap sacks would be very uncomfortable and impractical. Comfortable clothes, that don't look shitty (like every single thing you've shown any interest in) are fine. The sooner you grow up and realize what an idiot you've been, the better off we'll all be.

@Snooder said:

...in much the same way as talking about the latest tv show, movie, or sports game around the office watercooler.

You live a really pathetic life, don't you?

@Snooder said:

Can't exactly go to the rodeo in a polo shirt and boat shoes.

I'd like to see you stop me!

@Snooder said:

Ironically, I was 21 at the time.

That's not ironic.

• @dhromed said:

Nobody worth talking to gives a shit about the fashionability of your plaid shirt.

Actually, it's extremely valuable information. If someone starts talking about fashion I realize he's a pathetic moron, desperately trying to "fit in" and compensate for some crippling emotional problem.

@dhromed said:

Buy. What. You. Like.

Unless what you like is pink shirts and cowboy boots. Or what that guy on the right is wearing. Because there's "wearing what you like" and then there's "Oh shit, I'm blind!"

• @morbiuswilters said:

Because there's "wearing what you like" and then there's "Oh shit, I'm blind!"

Surely you mean "Oh shit, I'm blinded by what you wear aaahhh"

• @dhromed said:

They can't tell you what to wear.
    Hahahahahahahah!

Here's a counterexample:@dhromed said:

Don't look like a slob.
    Seriously though, you have to admit that, while you can certainly buy what you like, if you're actually going to wear it, you must always consider the context-dependent range of styles that are considered acceptable. Even if only because people will act like jerks if you push the limits too far.

•  I'm starting to think we're all in violent agreement.

My only problem is Snooder's claim that FASHION IS IMPORTANTS BECAUSE FITTING IN THEREFORE WEAR WHAT EVERYONE ELSE WEARS which is really shitty wat to look at clothing.

My metal t-shirt is non-slobby, by the way. It's a quality shirt that fits my torso, and obviously I wash it because I'm a mostly functional human being.

• @morbiuswilters said:

Of course, who gives a shit? Anyone who decides to work at Apple is such a mouth-breathing dipshit that I hope they end up working in a leaky basement with asbestos walls.
    Interesting. An old friend of mine works at Apple, and his sarcasm and cynicism remind me of, um, let's say some people that frequest this site.

• @dhromed said:

I'm starting to think we're all in violent agreement.
    YES WE ARE.@dhromed said:
    I'm a mostly functional human being.
    I'm more of a declarative kind of guy.

• @Zecc said:

@dhromed said:

Would you say you're the duck type?

• @dhromed said:

@Zecc said:

@dhromed said:

Would you say you're the duck type?
    I like to think I'm more classy than that, but I mix in all sorts of crowds.

• @dhromed said:

My only problem is Snoober's claim that FASHION IS IMPORTANTS BECAUSE FITTING IN THEREFORE WEAR WHAT EVERYONE ELSE WEARS which is really shitty wat to look at clothing.

My metal t-shirt is non-slobby, by the way. It's a quality shirt that fits my torso, and obviously I wash it because I'm a mostly functional human being.

That's not my claim at all. I'm not saying people have to wear what's in style. I'm saying that it's not a bad thing to care about what's in style. Because if you care about fitting in, then you'll want to wear the clothing that's appropriate to a specific situation and group of people, and that's what style is for people in their twenties. Even if you don't like the style, it's still generally a good idea to know what it is. You aren't a bad person if you don't keep up with current fashions, but you aren't a douche for doing so either.

My secondary claim is that style doesn't have to look terrible. The shirt in the middle isn't bad because of "fashion" it's bad because it has the wrong colors.   

• @Snooder said:

I'm saying that it's not a bad thing to care about what's in style.

And I'm saying that's a load of bollocks.

Shops by and large only carry what's "in style" anyway, so I'm somewhat fashionable whether I like it or not.

• Trolleybus Mechanic

@dhromed said:

@Snooder said:

I'm saying that it's not a bad thing to care about what's in style.

And I'm saying that's a load of bollocks.

Calling bullshit on other people's lack of care about style is really in fashion these days.

• @dhromed said:

Shops by and large only carry what's "in style" anyway, so I'm somewhat fashionable whether I like it or not.

No offense, but that's not even close to true. Some shops don't care about style at all. These would be places like Walmart, Target, K-Mart etc. Some shops do care, but carry the wrong style. This can be anything from a punk/goth place like Hot Topic, to an old-fart store like Dillards, or a heavily East Coast/European place like Armani Exchange. Some shops care, and have the right style but are often just a few months out of step. These are places like Old Navy and The Gap. And hell, even the places that are mostly in style still get it wrong sometimes, or specific clothes might have a poor cut. Or stuff that's in style seperately might not work when put together in the same outfit.

• @Snooder said:

Some shops do care, but carry the wrong style.
    Wrong?  According to who? @Snooder said:
    Some shops care, and have the right style but are often just a few months out of step.
    A few months out of step?  According to who? @Snooder said:
    even the places that are mostly in style still get it wrong sometimes
    Wrong?  According  to who?

There is no official authority for what is or isn't "in style", other than the self-appointed authorities, i.e., magazines that are only read by hipster douchebags and contain pictures of this guy

• @Snooder said:

@Snooder said:

There's no such thing as the wrong style. It doesn't exist.

@Snooder said:

or specific clothes might have a poor cut.

That can happen, obviously. Tailoring is a craft that can be fucked up or done in odd ways like any other.

@Snooder said:

Or stuff that's in style seperately might not work when put together in the same outfit.

Well, that's for you to decide on the spot when your are buying the items. Do they fit? Do you like them? Do they go well together? Not too expensive? Not too cheaply contructed? There is no Council of Elders that mandates this. It's just you and your sensibilities.

Think for your goddamn self, man. I've got more and more respect for the guys in the JPEG-artifact and the optical-illusion shirts!  At least they were man enough to pick their own stuff.

• @dhromed said:

when your are buying

• @Ben L. said:

@dhromed said:
    when your are buying
    What a retard.  It's supposed to be "you're are buying".

•  I know righ't?

• @dhromed said:

@Snooder said:

@Snooder said:

Yes, it does.

If you are a young professional who wants to look like the other young professionals, wearing a Tapout shirt at the bar is the wrong goddamn style. If you want to look like a semi-pro MMA fighter, or you ARE a semi-pro MMA fighter, then the Tapout/Ed Hardy combo works great for you, and wearing an OCBD or a sweatervest would be the wrong style. It's not the wrong style because of something intrinsic to the material, it's the wrong style because nobody else around is wearing it, so you stick out as someone who doesn't really belong there. It's as inappropriate as wearing a powdered wig from the 18th century today or putting on a suit to play basketball.

• @Snooder said:

it's the wrong style because nobody else around is wearing it, so you stick out as someone who doesn't really belong there.

You would treat me differently if I wore a polo to a rodeo?

• @Snooder said:

@dhromed said:

Yes, it does.

No, it doesn't in the way that your examples are implying.  To you the "wrong style" is something that doesn't fit in with everything else in whatever specific section of society, but you are ignoring the point that not blending in can be the reason for going with a specific style.  Playing with people's perceptions can be fun.

• @dhromed said:

@Snooder said:

it's the wrong style because nobody else around is wearing it, so you stick out as someone who doesn't really belong there.

You would treat me differently if I wore a polo to a rodeo?

You would treat me differently if I wore rolo to vorago?

• @Snooder said:

Some shops do care, but carry the wrong style. This can be anything from a punk/goth place like Hot Topic...

Look, I'm the last person to defend Hot Topic, but the stupidity contained in that statement is monumental.

• @Snooder said:

It's as inappropriate as wearing a powdered wig from the 18th century today or putting on a suit to play basketball.

Those are both bad examples, because they're both inherently impractical. Instead, you're the douchebag in the 18th century who was like "Why aren't you wearing a powdered wig? Powdered wigs show your status and are the right thing to wear." And those people all ended up tarred and feathered and shot in the face.

• @locallunatic said:

To you the "wrong style" is something that doesn't fit in with everything else in whatever specific section of society, but you are ignoring the point that not blending in can be the reason for going with a specific style.

I don't give two shits for any "section of society" that cares what I'm wearing. Sure, if I show up in a bathrobe, that's probably pushing it, but otherwise they can kiss my big black ass.

And that also includes dressing counter to what they expect--you're still just playing the same silly game, still following their bullshit, completely fabricated rules, just inverted. I'll dress however the fuck I like, and if somebody has a problem with it, I'll shove their face into a belt sander.

• @morbiuswilters said:

I'll dress however the fuck I like, and if somebody has a problem with it, I'll shove their face into a belt sander.
    So the guy in the pink shirt can shove your face into a belt sander. Ok, works for me.

• @Ronald said:

Hey you can diagnose several different vision problems using his shirt alone.

• @morbiuswilters said:

@j6cubic said:
    I think that's some kind of dazzle camouflage.

+1 quasi-obscure military reference

Dazzle is big this year, which is pissing me off because I used to pull that obscure shit out all the time and impress people with my knowledge of WWI ship camouflage. Now you can buy fucking camo skins on MechWarrior Online. Fuck.

• When I finally bothered to read the article about the app, I was disappointed to find out that the trendy park was not the Panhandle of Golden Gate Park, nor any other park near the intersection of Haight St. and Ashbury St., because the only explanation of that shirt is a bad acid trip.

• @Snooder said:

If you want to look like a semi-pro MMA fighter, or you ARE a semi-pro MMA fighter, then the Tapout/Ed Hardy combo works great for you, and wearing an OCBD or a sweatervest would be the wrong style.

Can't argue with that.

Georges St-Pierre, MMA champion

Elon Musk, co-founder of Paypal and Tesla

• I don't know their names and don't want to look them up so I came up with excellent nicknames.

Chinkchilla, Squirrel and Patchwork

Unknown Cool Photograph, © 2013.

• @Ronald said:

Chinkchilla

• @Ben L. said:

@Ronald said:
    Chinkchilla

What is racist? Wearing fur? Everyone can wear fur: camel jockeys, jungle bunnies, dotheads, christ killers, fence-hoppers and normal people. It's universal.

• @Ronald said:

I don't know their names and don't want to look them up so I came up with excellent nicknames.

Did you modify the picture's opacity to 0.8, or was that a side effect of something else?

• @dhromed said:

@Ronald said:

I don't know their names and don't want to look them up so I came up with excellent nicknames.

Did you modify the picture's opacity to 0.8, or was that a side effect of something else?

This picture is identical to the others. Maybe you have dirty glasses or cataracts. If things get worse, you should call your eye doctor.

• @morbiuswilters said:

WANG

• @El_Heffe said:

@morbiuswilters said:

WANG

Is that... an audio cassette player with a keyboard and a urine dispenser?

• @Ben L. said:

Is that... an audio cassette player with a keyboard and a urine dispenser?

Kids these days..