Horny

• @morbiuswilters said:

@Ronald said:
    @morbiuswilters said:
    Saying the equivalent of "You know 'dem coons is still silverware from the White House" is the talk of a crazy old racist shithead.

Who said that? He must be a racist! Someone should call Al Sharpton or another honest civil rights activist.

Yeah, Sharpton's a hack race-baiter and so are you. Enjoy 69'ing him forever in Hell.

Hi, I'm Al Scrapyard with Polyp Nation.

• @morbiuswilters said:

Sharpton's a hack race-baiter and so are you. Enjoy 69'ing him forever in Hell.

I don't think so. Last time I checked, Hell was still running under Jim Crowes.

• @Ben L. said:

@morbiuswilters said:
    @Ronald said:
    @morbiuswilters said:
    Saying the equivalent of "You know 'dem coons is still silverware from the White House" is the talk of a crazy old racist shithead.

Who said that? He must be a racist! Someone should call Al Sharpton or another honest civil rights activist.

Yeah, Sharpton's a hack race-baiter and so are you. Enjoy 69'ing him forever in Hell.

Hi, I'm Al Scrapyard with Polyp Nation.

TIL: Somebody, somewhere is still churning out SNL episodes, like a dying dog who's still able to cough up a bloody pool of vomit every morning.

• What is it with you americans and the racism thing, seriously? From outside it seems like you run around screaming every time someone with darker skin is involved in something, either to let the world know that you ferociously support this guy and that his coleur is totally irrelevant to you in any way (Is he black? I didn't even notice!!), or you hate his guts and pretend like there's another reason for it (I don't mind them blacks, but it's kind of a strainer to see them on the street). In my eyes, it's kind of discriminating either way.

Anyway, didn't you replace the N-word with the M-word?

• @arh said:

What is it with you americans and the racism thing, seriously?

I think, as a heavily multi-racial country, race tends to come up a lot. It doesn't help that there was all that slavery and discrimination and shit.

@arh said:

From outside it seems like you run around screaming every time someone with darker skin is involved in something, either to let the world know that you ferociously support this guy and that his coleur is totally irrelevant to you in any way (Is he black? I didn't even notice!!)...

(Okay, how did you fuck up the spelling of "color" so badly?) But, yeah, I dunno, people in-general just seem race obsessed. I mean, Europe would probably be race obsessed if there were more than three black fellows there. (Then of course there's that whole history of ethnic cleansing and genocide against people who were even marginally not-white.)

On the whole, I find all this racial naval-gazing very tedious. That said, Ronald's delightful comment that silverware must be missing from the White House because we have a black President is patently racist and disgusting. And I'm not one to throw around "racist" lightly. If someone is like "I disagree with that black chap!" I'm not all "You must be raaaaaaacist!" (I mean, shit, I hate Barack Obama as much anyone does, but it's because he's a race-baiting dickwad and not because of his race.)

At the same time, when someone like Ronald comes up beside you, nudges you and nods towards the new black guy in your office and is like "They better lock up the good office supplies, eh? Because he's black, you see. They all steal things. Things they take back to their houses--OH DID I SAY HOUSES I MEANT TREES LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL" well, the temptation is to give him a crowbar lobotomy.

• @morbiuswilters said:

At the same time, when someone like Ronald comes up beside you, nudges you and nods towards the new black guy in your office and is like "They better lock up the good office supplies, eh? Because he's black, you see. They all steal things. Things they take back to their houses--OH DID I SAY HOUSES I MEANT TREES LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL" well, the temptation is to give him a crowbar lobotomy.

Violence is never a good solution. See how much it helped when the Justice system recognized that Rodney King was not a victim of police brutality but a specific segment of the population disagreed? Besides the fact that quite a few tvs and other valuable got "liberated" during the riots, the only outcome was to get 53 persons killed. That's what senseless, barbaric violence does.

Of course you'll accuse me of being racist because I bring up a riot that involved mostly African-Americans. So let me use a riot that involved other demographic segments... oh well there has been none in recent history unless you count the Boston Tea party or Occupy Wall Street. Must be a coincidence.

• @arh said:

Milwaukee?

• @Ronald said:

...the only outcome was to get 53 persons killed. That's what senseless, barbaric violence does.

I'm not sure I follow..

@Ronald said:

Of course you'll accuse me of being racist because I bring up a riot that involved mostly African-Americans.

Well, no.

@Ronald said:

So let me use a riot that involved other demographic segments... oh well there has been none in recent history unless you count the Boston Tea party or Occupy Wall Street. Must be a coincidence.

But, see, this is racist. You're also ignoring all sorts of riots that whites and other ethnic groups were involved in. (Shit, wasn't the Civil War just a 4 year riot by Southerners?) Not to mention things like labor unrest, sports riots and the KKK's long and storied career.

So, once again, you're either too bigoted to see that people riot for all sorts of asinine (and sometime legitimate) reasons. That, or you're trolling. But even racist trolling is pretty lame.

• @Ronald said:

@arh said:

Milwaukee?

I honestly don't know what the fuck he means there.

• @morbiuswilters said:

people riot for all sorts of asinine (and sometime legitimate) reasons.

Me and the peanut gallery agree that you've reached your quota of the word "asinine" for a while. MORBIUS THE ONE TRICK PONY

• @morbiuswilters said:

@Ronald said:
    @arh said:

Milwaukee?

I honestly don't know what the fuck he means there.

I wish I could spell it out but I'm afraid of getting a fatwa.

• @Ronald said:

@morbiuswilters said:
    people riot for all sorts of asinine (and sometime legitimate) reasons.

Me and the peanut gallery agree that you've reached your quota of the word "asinine" for a while. MORBIUS THE ONE TRICK PONY

I have to rotate between them. I've used up my quota of "retard", "idiot", "moron" and "smelly-smelly-poo-pants" for the day, too.

• @morbiuswilters said:

(Okay, how did you fuck up the spelling of "color" so badly?) But, yeah, I dunno, people in-general just seem race obsessed. I mean, Europe would probably be race obsessed if there were more than three black fellows there.

You obviously haven't been to any major city in the UK, there is a good percentage of the populations are asian or black.

• @lucas said:

@morbiuswilters said:

(Okay, how did you fuck up the spelling of "color" so badly?) But, yeah, I dunno, people in-general just seem race obsessed. I mean, Europe would probably be race obsessed if there were more than three black fellows there.

You obviously haven't been to any major city in the UK, there is a good percentage of the populations are asian or black.

They prefer the term "coloured folk".

• @drurowin said:

@lucas said:

@morbiuswilters said:

Funny coming from someone with an avatar that got no color

• @lucas said:

@morbiuswilters said:

According to Wikipedia, London is about 20% Asian, 16% black. Honestly, higher than I imagined, but still not that high. (Also: I thought black people were underrepresented on US television, but shee-it.)

• Discourse touched me in a no-no place

@drurowin said:

@lucas said:

@morbiuswilters said:

I, unlike the newspapers when describing child molestation rings in the UK - and pussy-footing around, prefer the term "Muslim" since that term doesn't tend to implicate innocent populations of Chinese, Koreans, non-Muslim Indians etc, etc. and rightly drags in various other groups not otherwise covered by 'asian.'

Yes, yes. I know not all Muslims are involved with the rings (likewise, not all Muslims are involved with terrorism), but using "asian" to describe groups of most-definately-self-described-Muslim men predating on young girls is obfuscation to the point of uselessness. But then again I'm talking about the majority of British press, which tend to be useless anyway.

ObReligion: Just so they don't feel left out, feel free to replace the word Muslim with "catholic priests" throughout this post where sensible.

• @morbiuswilters said:

@lucas said:

@morbiuswilters said:

According to Wikipedia, London is about 20% Asian, 16% black. Honestly, higher than I imagined, but still not that high. (Also: I thought black people were underrepresented on US television, but shee-it.)

Sounds about right

• ♿ (Parody)

@arh said:

What is it with you americans and the racism thing, seriously?

A certain group of people have given up arguing and just call you racist if you disagree with them. However, there is still a reflexive taboo about being called one, so this strategy can sometimes be effective. Also, so many of the trivialities demonstrate how not racist we are as a society relative to how we used to be. Actual modern racism is very different, subtle and possibly harder to get rid of.

• Um, how exactly did we get from a discussion of crazy workplace sex shenanigans to racisms? Seriously, my boner wants to know who is responsible for this travesty.

• @Snooder said:

Um, how exactly did we get from a discussion of crazy workplace sex shenanigans to racisms? Seriously, my boner wants to know who is responsible for this travesty.

Morbius decided it was racist to talk about workplace issues since a specific segment of the population is underrepresented in the active workforce. At least that's what I choose to remember from this thread.

• @Ronald said:

Morbius decided it was racist to talk about workplace issues since a specific segment of the population is underrepresented in the active workforce. At least that's what I choose to remember from this thread.

Well, can we get back to relating stories about middle aged cougars sexing up young and impressionable IT professionals? I'd supply an anecdote, but the closest I've ever come was a lady at a place I interned with telling me my shirt looked nice. And by GOD, it did.

• @Snooder said:

@Ronald said:

Well, can we get back to relating stories about middle aged cougars sexing up young and impressionable IT professionals? I'd supply an anecdote, but the closest I've ever come was a lady at a place I interned with telling me my shirt looked nice. And by GOD, it did.

Was it a white or colored shirt?

• @Ronald said:

Light blue with mild vertical striping.

• @Snooder said:

@Ronald said:

So you went to work with a bowling shirt?

• @Ronald said:

@Snooder said:

@Ronald said:

So you went to work with a bowling shirt?

Oh hell no. First, that is not light blue. Second, those stripes can in no way be characterized as 'mild.'

Think more like this, but with pink stripes spaced slightly further apart. Also, I need to get to the BrooksBrothers outlet soon. My current wardrobe sucks.

• @Snooder said:

My current wardrobe sucks.

You're right.

• @Snooder said:

Think more like this, but with pink stripes spaced slightly further apart. Also, I need to get to the BrooksBrothers outlet soon. My current wardrobe sucks.

Yeah, this time don't let your husband pick out your clothes, either.

• @morbiuswilters said:

@Snooder said:

Yeah, this time don't let your husband pick out your clothes, either.

First, it's summer 2013, pastels are in right now. And even if they weren't, pink has been acceptable for guys to wear for a really, really long time now. Better than wearing the same white shirt every day. And WAY better than the fashion disaster that is solid dark color shirts. I'll bet you're the kind of guy who wears dark brown short sleeve shirts. Or hawaiian shirts.

Second, I said pink "stripes". As in the shirt as a whole looks blue, but the pink gives a subtle accent.

• @Snooder said:

First, it's summer 2013, pastels are in right now.

Did your husband tell you that? Because I think he might be fucking with you.

@Snooder said:

And even if they weren't, pink has been acceptable for guys to wear for a really, really long time now.

No, it's never been acceptable, and never will be. It always looks like shit and people laugh at you behind your back. I'm not trying to be a dick here, I'm letting you know how humankind responds to men in button-up shirts with pink on them.

@Snooder said:

And WAY better than the fashion disaster that is solid dark color shirts.

Thank you, Joan Rivers.

@Snooder said:

I'll bet you're the kind of guy who wears dark brown short sleeve shirts.

No, I avoid dark colors because they get hot. I stick to light tans, grays and denim-y blue. The benefit of dark colors is they hide grease stains, so a lot of my light-colored tops and bottoms look like someone's scribbled on them with sharpie. Oh well.

@Snooder said:

Or hawaiian shirts.

Only on fancy occasions.

@Snooder said:

Second, I said pink "stripes". As in the shirt as a whole looks blue, but the pink gives a subtle accent.

Dude, seriously, who the fuck let you into Texas? You wear cowboy boots and pink striped shirts and you talk about fashion like a bi-curious teenage boy. I don't know that I've ever heard of anything so depressing.

• @morbiuswilters said:

@Snooder said:
    And even if they weren't, pink has been acceptable for guys to wear for a really, really long time now.

No, it's never been acceptable unless you live in Miami and you work as a Vice cop and it's the 1980s

FTFY.

• @morbiuswilters said:

I don't know that I've ever heard of anything so depressing.

That's because you don't read XKCD. The Mars rover cartoon always leave me teary-eyed.*

*not

• @Ronald said:

@morbiuswilters said:
    @Snooder said:

No, it's never been acceptable unless you live in Miami and you work as a Vice cop and it's the 1980s

FTFY.

I beg to differ. See below.

• @Ronald said:

That's because you don't read XKCD. The Mars rover cartoon always leave me teary-eyed.*

I'm torn between genuine human emotion, and wanting to, yet again, slap the shit out of Randall for trying to anthropomorphize a goddamn robot. And I think the only reason I'm the least bit sympathetic is because he looks a bit like Johnny 5 in the first and fourth panels, and the thought of that little guy trapped on Mars makes me sad. :(

• @Snooder said:

I beg to differ. See below.

shudder Is this really what you're basing your life decisions on?

• @morbiuswilters said:

*shudder* Is this really what you're basing your life decisions on?

When it comes to apparel, Gordon Gecko isn't a bad role model. Although the french cuff shirt and rep tie doesn't work so well in my current job (fucking IT people and their shit fashion sense), I'm not going to have this same position forever.

• @Snooder said:

When it comes to apparel, Gordon GAYko isn't a bad role model.

FTFY

• @Snooder said:

When it comes to apparel, Gordon Gecko isn't a bad role model.

uncontrollable eye twitch Seriously, how the fuck did you end up in Texas? (And from the sound of it, rural Texas, no less..) How have you not been lynched yet?

@Snooder said:

Although the french cuff shirt and rep tie doesn't work so well in my current job (fucking IT people and their shit fashion sense)...

Gordon Gecko looks like shit in that photo. I mean, seriously, how can you not see that? "Fashion" as a whole is a goddamn retarded concept, but at least it can sometimes look decent. But that does not look decent.

The worst part is, you clearly don't have fashion sense or any idea of aesthetic value. You have "reading fashion magazine sense", and always being a few months behind the trends because the entire fucking point of fashion magazines is to allow someone else to invent trends that the hoi polloi will always be on the wrong side of. And you are part of the hoi polloi in this scenario, no matter how desperately you chase that carrot dangling before you. (Unless, I suppose, you move to New York, London or Paris and start writing for a fashion magazine.)

Fashion is planned obsolescence of the crudest variety. At least, in theory, each new iPhone adds something of value that might kinda-sorta make it worthwhile to piss away money on (although not really.) But fashion? They deliberately sell you stuff that looks like shit (like pink fucking stripes) just so in another 6 months they can be like "Ha, you're still wearing those pink stripes!? You are sooo behind the times. Now everybody's taken to smashing their testicles with a hammer until they swell up real huge and leave distinctive, grapefruit-sized shapes beneath your trousers. Better get to it!" And then they sell you a magazine full of photos of hammers, as well as a $200 hammer for smashing your own balls with. And to anyone outside of it, you look like a fucking masochistic retard.

• @morbiuswilters said:

Gordon Gecko looks like shit in that photo. I mean, seriously, how can you not see that? "Fashion" as a whole is a goddamn retarded concept, but at least it can sometimes look decent. But that does not look decent.

The worst part is, you clearly don't have fashion sense or any idea of aesthetic value. You have "reading fashion magazine sense", and always being a few months behind the trends because the entire fucking point of fashion magazines is to allow someone else to invent trends that the hoi polloi will always be on the wrong side of. And you are part of the hoi polloi in this scenario, no matter how desperately you chase that carrot dangling before you. (Unless, I suppose, you move to New York, London or Paris and start writing for a fashion magazine.)

Fashion is planned obsolescence of the crudest variety. At least, in theory, each new iPhone adds something of value that might kinda-sorta make it worthwhile to piss away money on (although not really.) But fashion? They deliberately sell you stuff that looks like shit (like pink fucking stripes) just so in another 6 months they can be like "Ha, you're still wearing those pink stripes!? You are sooo behind the times. Now everybody's taken to smashing their testicles with a hammer until they swell up real huge and leave distinctive, grapefruit-sized shapes beneath your trousers. Better get to it!" And then they sell you a magazine full of photos of hammers, as well as a $200 hammer for smashing your own balls with. And to anyone outside of it, you look like a fucking masochistic retard.

Gecko looks awesome in that photo.

Look, you'd be right if we were talking about skinny jeans. Or that weird shit the japanese are doing these days with the drop crotch pants. But we aren't. Light colored shirts are generally better looking than darker shirts. They contrast better with tie, pants and suit jacket, and with the proper striping they make guys look leaner. It's a pretty classic look that guys have worn for a really long time, but only stopped being cool in the nineties due to the whole grunge thing and fashion itself becoming seen as 'gay'. This isn't the nineties any more. Guys can care about fashion now without worrying about people thinking they like dick.

And besides, the thing about buying new clothes every 6 months is that's kinda the point. It's a way to prove that you aren't some peon who only has a single set of clothes and buys a new one only after the last pair rots away. You don't have to be a trendsetter (I don't have the cheekbones for it) but you can stay basically within the general trend and be ok.

• @Snooder said:

and with the proper striping they make guys look leaner.

But do they show off your girlish figure?

@Snooder said:

Guys can care about fashion now without worrying about people thinking they like dick.

Did your husband tell you that? Look, I know Esquire told you "metrosexual" didn't actually mean gay, but they lied. I am sorry.

@Snooder said:

And besides, the thing about buying new clothes every 6 months is that's kinda the point. It's a way to prove that you aren't some peon...

Man, what the fuck did your dad do to you? Was the most masculine influence in your childhood a pull-out poster of a shirtless Michael J. Fox from an issue of Tiger Beat?

@Snooder said:

I don't have the cheekbones for it

Your Honor, I rest my case.

• @morbiuswilters said:

how humankind responds to men in button-up shirts with pink on them.

• @El_Heffe said:

@morbiuswilters said:

how humankind responds to men in button-up shirts with pink on them.

Haters gonna hate.

BTW, this shirt has pink stripes.

• @Snooder said:

I love this reasoning. "Pink looks good on men. See, look at this shirt with no visible pink!"

Sorry, what fourth tier law school did you get kicked out of when they caught you sucking off the school goat?

• @morbiuswilters said:

@Snooder said:

I love this reasoning. "Pink looks good on men. See, look at this shirt with no visible pink!"

No shit. Go back up the thread where I said I wore a light blue shirt with light pink stripes. You were the douche who took that to mean I was wearing a hot pink silk deep V or something.

• @Snooder said:

Go back up the thread where I said I wore a light blue shirt with light pink stripes.

There is no pink on that shirt, you moron. You'd have to take a magnifying glass to it to see any pink. It's like you claiming you've ever touched a vagina--it's technically true, because you came out your mom's, but you're missing the point.

Seriously, though, that guy in the photo still looks like he's trolling bus stops for cock. Add in cowboy boots and I'm starting to suspect you're either a used car salesman or you make all of your life decisions based on what a used car salesman would do. It's so slimy and scumbag, I don't know who else would do it.

This has me interested in what kind of vehicle you drive. My guess is Mini Cooper or a BMW 3 series; douche-y yet affordable for the sleazeball on a budget.

• @morbiuswilters said:

Add in cowboy boots and I'm starting to suspect you're either a used car salesman or you make all of your life decisions based on what a used car salesman would do. It's so slimy and scumbag, I don't know who else would do it.

This could work: leather jacket and washed-out gambler jewelry. Like the guy in Hardcore Pawn.

• @Ronald said:

@morbiuswilters said:
    Add in cowboy boots and I'm starting to suspect you're either a used car salesman or you make all of your life decisions based on what a used car salesman would do. It's so slimy and scumbag, I don't know who else would do it.

This could work: leather jacket and washed-out gambler jewelry. Like the guy in Hardcore Pawn.

HOW DID YOU GET MY PHOTO!?!?!

Ahem.. I mean, "Oh, that guys looks of low breeding and nothing like me.."

• @morbiuswilters said:

@Snooder said:
    Go back up the thread where I said I wore a light blue shirt with light pink stripes.

There is no pink on that shirt, you moron. You'd have to take a magnifying glass to it to see any pink. It's like you claiming you've ever touched a vagina--it's technically true, because you came out your mom's, but you're missing the point.

Seriously, though, that guy in the photo still looks like he's trolling bus stops for cock. Add in cowboy boots and I'm starting to suspect you're either a used car salesman or you make all of your life decisions based on what a used car salesman would do. It's so slimy and scumbag, I don't know who else would do it.

This has me interested in what kind of vehicle you drive. My guess is Mini Cooper or a BMW 3 series; douche-y yet affordable for the sleazeball on a budget.

I've actually been thinking about getting a used 3 series lately. My car's getting a little old. Although considering the price range, I might just pony up a few thousand more and go for a used SLK250.

Yeah, it's a bit douchey. So what. I like the way the car looks and it's not like I've got a wife or kids to feed

Like holy fuck, look at this deal. http://austin.craigslist.org/cto/3844574187.html Sure, it's probably got something wrong with it somewhere, but man it would be nice if it was for real.

• @Snooder said:

Although considering the price range, I might just pony up a few thousand more and go for a used SLK250.

If you can live with a two-seater.

@Snooder said:

Yeah, it's a bit douchey. So what. I like the way the car looks and it's not like I've got a wife or kids to feed.

The 3 Series is a fine car, but it's the cheapest German luxury, so it tends to be purchased by douche-y social climbers who are on a budget.

Now, the 7 Series is douche-y, but in a "rich old bastard" kind of way. The 6 Series, M6 and M3 convertible are all good choices made by non-douche-y people, although I'd avoid any BMW that didn't have a dual clutch transmission. And if I was going to spend that much money, I'd probably just buy it new.

• @Snooder said:

Like holy fuck, look at this deal. http://austin.craigslist.org/cto/3844574187.html Sure, it's probably got something wrong with it somewhere, but man it would be nice if it was for real.

Deal? That's like $500 off blue book..