Who needs social media?

• @drurowin said:

And those are probably lower-income situations

So poor people should receive inferior medical treatment?

@drurowin said:

where the proper solution would be quarantine and decontamination

Oh good, the dipshit thinks he's a public health expert now..

@drurowin said:

putting children at risk of getting autism and chlamidya from "the jabs".

[citation needed] Seriously, I didn't know there were anti-vaccine psychotics capable of using a computer and finding their way around online, but here you are..

• @morbiuswilters said:

@drurowin said:
    And those are probably lower-income situations

So poor people should receive inferior medical treatment?

@drurowin said:

where the proper solution would be quarantine and decontamination

Oh good, the dipshit thinks he's a public health expert now..

@drurowin said:

putting children at risk of getting autism and chlamidya from "the jabs".

[citation needed] Seriously, I didn't know there were anti-vaccine psychotics capable of using a computer and finding their way around online, but here you are..

Let's see your research proving vaccines are safe.  They're not.  They're like seat-belts; they kill more than they save.

• Vaccines don't cause autism and people who think they do are morons. And if you think that the minuscule risk of complications justifies having preventable infectious diseases killing people then you're just being a stupid dick.

• @DescentJS said:

Andrew Wakefield's fradulent study has probably caused more suffering and death than even Morbs has been able to achieve.

So there was a study behind that well-known issue, I thought it was just popular wisdom. And of course the vaccine peddlers and their political puppets want to bury the truth, they know that once enough people are autists they will control the world.

• @DescentJS said:

And if you think that the minuscule risk of complications justifies having preventable infectious diseases killing people then you're just being a stupid dick.

Why don't we ask Charlie Babbitt who can't focus on his Lamborghini business as a direct consequence of minor complications.

• @Ronald said:

@DescentJS said:
    And if you think that the minuscule risk of complications justifies having preventable infectious diseases killing people then you're just being a stupid dick.

Why don't we ask Charlie Babbitt who can't focus on his Lamborghini business as a direct consequence of minor complications.

Just to be pedantic, I believe DescentJS's point is that the overall risk of complications is small, not that all complications, in the few cases that occur, will be minor. The benefit to society as a whole, and to the vast majority of individuals that make up society, from preventing serious infectious diseases outweighs the harm from the rare serious complications. This, of course, is a value judgement that you are free to disagree with, even though you're wrong.

• @drurowin said:

risk of getting autism

@drurowin said:
    They're like seat-belts; they kill more than they save.

It just keeps getting better with every post.

• Even if there were a link between vaccines and autism, I'd rather have a 1% chance of an autistic kid than a .01% chance of a dead kid.

• @HardwareGeek said:

The benefit to society as a whole, and to the vast majority of individuals that make up society, from preventing serious infectious diseases outweighs the harm from the rare serious complications. This, of course, is a value judgement

It's not a value judgement, it's a well-known ideology called fascism (totalitarism would also work here). What is the next step, kill the carriers for the benefit of the society as a whole?

When people start using words like "wrong" it's a slippery slope to gulagism.

• @Liquid Egg Product said:

Even if there were a link between vaccines and autism, I'd rather have a 1% chance of an autistic kid than a .01% chance of a dead kid.

Print this comment you made just in case you end up raising an autist. It will keep you warm as you take him to Chuck E Cheese on his 25th birthday.

• @Ronald said:

@HardwareGeek said:
    The benefit to society as a whole, and to the vast majority of individuals that make up society, from preventing serious infectious diseases outweighs the harm from the rare serious complications. This, of course, is a value judgement

It's not a value judgement, it's a well-known ideology called fascism (totalitarism would also work here). What is the next step, kill the carriers for the benefit of the society as a whole?

When people start using words like "wrong" it's a slippery slope to gulagism.

Neither fascism nor totalitarianism. At most, a weak form of only one of the four main tenants of authoritarianism, and that only if the state forcibly compels vaccinations. Only anarchists claim that the state has no authority whatsoever to compel individual to take actions contrary to their own individual interests to achieve some higher societal benefit. Reasonable people may disagree on what the limits of that authority should be and where the balance between individual and societal should be drawn; those are value judgements.

Of course, I don't expect to persuade you; you and drurowin have a long history of showing yourselves not to be reasonable people. Enough said.

• ♿ (Parody)

@DescentJS said:

You really think vaccines do nothing worthwhile?

C'mon...he thinks passwords do nothing worthwhile. You're just feeding the furry troll now.

• ♿ (Parody)

@morbiuswilters said:

Health-related information I learned from TDWTF:

• No such thing as a diet.
    • Vaccines r dum.
    • You can't catch HIV from a fursuit.

In baseball, .333 is a pretty good average.

• ♿ (Parody)

@drurowin said:

And those are probably lower-income situations, where the proper solution would be quarantine and decontamination, not putting children at risk of getting autism and chlamidya from "the jabs".

What the fuck? I mean, what the fucking fuck?

• @boomzilla said:

@drurowin said:
    And those are probably lower-income situations, where the proper solution would be quarantine and decontamination, not putting children at risk of getting autism and chlamidya from "the jabs".

It's an easier solution than eugenics.

• @boomzilla said:

@morbiuswilters said:

• Vaccines r dum.

You can catch HIV from a fursuit, under the right circumstances.

• @drurowin said:

They're like seat-belts; they kill more than they save.

Wow. Just.. wow.

Who let you out of Yahoo! Answers?

• @Liquid Egg Product said:

Even if there were a link between vaccines and autism, I'd rather have a 1% chance of an autistic kid than a .01% chance of a dead kid.

Duh. Now how about a hard one: 1% chance of an ugly kid versus a 50% chance of a dead kid?

• @drurowin said:

It's an easier solution than eugenics.

Nobody who's actually tried eugenics would ever make such a claim.

• Congrats to Morbs on his 10,000th post!

• @HardwareGeek said:

Only anarchists claim that the state has no authority whatsoever to compel individual to take actions contrary to their own individual interests to achieve some higher societal benefit.

Society has no authority to compel individuals. Society has the army and the law enforcement officers. If you think that they are the same, then you must be one of those people who wait at red lights at 4am when there is no incoming traffic, no pedestrians and no cop (or camera). The technical term for that is "wimp".

@HardwareGeek said:

you and drurowin have a long history of showing yourselves not to be reasonable people

Again with the low tolerance for other opinions. You must be a Democrat.

• @boomzilla said:

@drurowin said:

People may wonder why I rant and call people names. This is why. It's because we live in a world where someone this dumb isn't shot on-sight. shakes head slowly

• @morbiuswilters said:

Who let you out of Yahoo! Answers Tumblr Ask Me Anything?

FTFY (also: fuck Tumblr).

• @Ronald said:

Society has no authority to compel individuals. Society has the army and the law enforcement officers. If you think that they are the same...

Those are the same thing.

@Ronald said:

...then you must be one of those people who wait at red lights at 4am when there is no incoming traffic, no pedestrians and no cop (or camera).

I do. Then again, I have no idea if there is a camera or not, and there may be a cop hiding nearby. I'd rather not chance getting a ticket for something so stupid. Then again, I'm not some cracked-out meth monkey who has to get home RIGHT NOW. If I'm out at 4:00am, then I can wait 15s for the light to change.

@Ronald said:

The technical term for that is "wimp".

I prefer "European".

@Ronald said:

Again with the low tolerance for other opinions.

Why should I tolerate stupid opinions? I mean, if you want to be an idiot and give your crotchspawn polio because you don't understand modern science, be my fucking guest. The world needs janitors, after all. But I'm still going to use you as a verbal punching bag, shit-for-brains.

@Ronald said:

You must be a Democrat.

I don't tolerate Democrats, either.

• @Ronald said:

@morbiuswilters said:

So, do you also think seat belts are killing more people than they save? (A claim so ludicrous even the most cursory investigation would reveal it to be the insane ramblings of a inbred, mouth-breathing retard.)

• @morbiuswilters said:

@boomzilla said:
    @morbiuswilters said:

• Vaccines r dum.

If you or dhromed is inside it, yeah.

• @morbiuswilters said:

@Ronald said:
    @morbiuswilters said:

So, do you also think seat belts are killing more people than they save? (A claim so ludicrous even the most cursory investigation would reveal it to be the insane ramblings of a inbred, mouth-breathing retard.)

If seatbelts are so foolproof, why do we have airbags, which work fine on their own?

• @morbiuswilters said:

I don't think that seat belts are killing more people than they save. This is ludicrous.

That does not mean I buckle up, especially since it took me quite a while to find out which fuse to pull to disable the unbuckled seat belt alarm.

• @Ronald said:

@HardwareGeek said:
    you and drurowin have a long history of showing yourselves not to be reasonable people

Again with the low tolerance for other opinions.

Nice removal of context to imply the opposite of what I said. I am tolerant* of other opinions, as I wrote in the part you removed:
    @HardwareGeek said:

Reasonable people may disagree

What I have low tolerance for is raving lunatics. I believe there is consensus that several people on this forum fit that description.

@Ronald said:

You must be a Democrat.

I have been at times both a Democrat and Republican, abandoning whichever party was most controlled by its extremist fringe at the time. I am currently a Republican in a state in which no one I would vote for has the slightest chance of being elected.

• For the traditional definition: "Respecting the beliefs of others, agreeing to disagree, and allowing for civil, respectful discussion of the disagreement," not the Politically Correct definition: "Saying 'OK' when the Left forces their beliefs on me and society."

• @drurowin said:

@morbiuswilters said:

Or some of our still-warm genetic fluids.

• @morbiuswilters said:

@drurowin said:
    @morbiuswilters said:

Or some of our still-warm genetic fluids.

Definitely the wrong circumstances.

• @drurowin said:

If seatbelts are so foolproof, why do we have airbags, which work fine on their own?

I never said they were foolproof. I said they save lives.

Airbags protect against something completely different. Seat belts keep a person contained in the car (so they don't go flying through the windshield, out a door or into the ceiling). Airbags don't do that. What airbags do do is provide cushioning so your head, for example, doesn't go flying into the steering wheel. Airbags are specifically designed to work with seat belts. In fact, it wouldn't surprise me if airbags-without-seat-belts were more lethal than nothing.

Seriously, do you not know anything about cars? This is basic stuff, dude. I feel like I'm explaining this to my four year-old kid..

Kid: Daddy Morbs, why do I have to put on the seat belt? We already have airbags.

Morbs: Awww.. tousles kid's hair Well, seat belts and airbags do very different things, sweetie. Now listen carefully because daddy is only going to say this once and if you ever ask again daddy is going to call you "retarded"...

• @HardwareGeek said:

@HardwareGeek said:
    Reasonable people may disagree

Quoting yourself does not make it less creepy or intolerant (e.g.: Pol Pot was quoting himself all the time). You have obviously no control over who agrees with what, so basically your statement is a poorly veiled blanket insult for everyone who disagree with you.

@HardwareGeek said:

@Ronald said:
    You must be a Democrat.

I have been at times both a Democrat and Republican, abandoning whichever party was most controlled by its extremist fringe at the time.

Ah, a flip-flopper. Or more accurately: a quitter running away from problems instead of trying to solve them. Reminds me of my grandmother who was always waiting at the last minute to vote, reading the latest informal polls to make sure she would vote on the winning side.

• @Ronald said:

I don't think that seat belts are killing more people than they save. This is ludicrous.

What about the inner-city seat belts who listen to rap music and if you see them driving their car with the lights off and you flash your lights at them, they kill you?

@Ronald said:

That does not mean I buckle up, especially since it took me quite a while to find out which fuse to pull to disable the unbuckled seat belt alarm.

I do. Then again, I'm worth saving.

• @HardwareGeek said:

I am currently a Republican in a state in which no one I would vote for has the slightest chance of being elected.

That narrows it down to 50. Maybe 49, if you have low standards.

• @Ronald said:

Or more accurately: a quitter running away from problems instead of trying to solve them.

The only solution to the Democrats is ebola.

@Ronald said:

Reminds me of my grandmother who was always waiting at the last minute to vote, reading the latest informal polls to make sure she would vote on the winning side.

Bet Truman fucked that bitch up.

• @morbiuswilters said:

What about the inner-city seat belts who listen to rap music and if you see them driving their car with the lights off and you flash your lights at them, they kill you?

I don't flash my lights at cars that have their lights off, I start following them with my camera open in case something newsworthy happens.

@morbiuswilters said:

@Ronald said:

I do. Then again, I'm worth saving unable to find the fuse.

FTFY.

Advice: if you can't find that elusive fuse, just replace all of them with nails then start the car with the seat belt unbuckled. Whichever nail is warmer after a while is possibly* the culprit.

*YMMV

• @Ronald said:

Ah, a flip-flopper.

Perhaps. My opinions have changed as I have matured. I was raised in a conservative home. I drifted toward the liberal side when I was in college. As I have gotten older, I have decided that the conservatives were right after all. Sort of. I don't really fit neatly into any pigeon holes; I mostly moderately conservative, but my opinions on specific issues range from quite liberal to very conservative.

At the same time, the Republican and Democratic parties have had varying amounts of influence from their far-right and far-left wings, generally moving in the opposite direction to my own leanings. So I have tended to affiliate with whichever party most closely reflected my own opinions.

@Ronald said:

Reminds me of my grandmother who was always waiting at the last minute to vote, reading the latest informal polls to make sure she would vote on the winning side.

I generally wait until the last minute, too. I'm a procrastinator. It has nothing to do with who's winning. I've probably voted on the losing side more often than the winning.

• @Ronald said:

Advice: if you can't find that elusive fuse, just replace all of them with nails then start the car with the seat belt unbuckled. Whichever nail is warmer after a while is possibly* the culprit.

*YMMV

My car is too old to have a warning chime. It does have a light, but it's easy to ignore. Some cars are fucking nuts, though. My mom's car.. I'll unbuckle when driving up the driveway and it just starts frantically pinging until you want to punch a hold in the fucking dash. It's not a seat belt reminder, it's just fucking trying to annoy you into keeping your seat belt on. If I had one of those, I'd disable it on principle, but still wear a seat belt.

• @HardwareGeek said:

I've probably voted on the losing side more often than the winning.

This brings us to the coveted Morbs Vote™. Not coveted for yourself, but coveted for your opponent: every single person Morbs has voted for has lost (sole exception: Scott Brown circa 2010, but he lost eventually. He also ended up being a pussy liberal, so Morbs kinda regrets his vote, except it was heartwarming to take a shit on Ted Kennedy's still-drunk corpse. Even being condemned to Hell for eternity, losing his Senate seat must've been a slap in old Teddy's blotchy, red, bloated face.)

• @morbiuswilters said:

@HardwareGeek said:
    I am currently a Republican in a state in which no one I would vote for has the slightest chance of being elected.

That narrows it down to 50. Maybe 49, if you have low standards.

There are 21 blue states and 24 red states, based on the last four presidential elections, so there are more states that are likely to elect a candidate I would agree with than not. However, I live in one of the bluest of the blue, one of the five in which the Democratic margin of victory was more than 20%.

• @HardwareGeek said:

However, I live in one of the bluest of the blue, one of the five in which the Democratic margin of victory was more than 20%.

WA's one of the "bluest of the blue"? What about Mass? Or California? Or NY? Or NJ? Or Iran? Or Delaware? Or Illinois? Or Maryland?

No, there are plenty of states that hate America more than yours.

• @morbiuswilters said:

@HardwareGeek said:
    However, I live in one of the bluest of the blue, one of the five in which the Democratic margin of victory was more than 20%.

WA's one of the "bluest of the blue"?

STALKER ALERT

• @morbiuswilters said:

@HardwareGeek said:

WA's one of the "bluest of the blue"? What about Mass? Or California? Or NY? Or NJ? Or Iran? Or Delaware? Or Illinois? Or Maryland?

No, there are plenty of states that hate America more than yours.

Oops, I was wrong; it was a little hard to distinguish the shades of blue on the Wikipedia map I was looking at. When I clicked on it and can see the legend, I see that WA is only the 13th bluest state, in the 2nd shade of blue. The Democratic margin of victory was still >10%, though, and I live in Seattle metro area, which is the bluest part of the state. Therefore, my basic point is still valid; my preferred candidates and ballot measures have very little chance of winning.

• @Ronald said:

@morbiuswilters said:
    @HardwareGeek said:

STALKER ALERT

He just said it, like, an hour ago!

• @morbiuswilters said:

@Ronald said:
    @morbiuswilters said:

STALKER ALERT

More like 3 hours, but who's counting?

• @HardwareGeek said:

I see that WA is only the 13th bluest state

After Iowa and before Venezuela!

@HardwareGeek said:

...I live in Seattle metro area, which is the bluest part of the state. Therefore, my basic point is still valid; my preferred candidates and ballot measures have very little chance of winning.

I wonder what kind of ballot measures get voted down in Seattle.. "All plaid must be laundered at least once a year."   "You probably shouldn't blow marijuana smoke directly in the face of a newborn infant. We won't arrest you, but it's not cool."   "Mental health counseling for suicidal musicians..."

I'm sorry, all of my Seattle jokes are from the early 90s...

• @morbiuswilters said:

@Ronald said:
    @morbiuswilters said:
    @HardwareGeek said:

STALKER ALERT

Dear readers, please note that the stalker alert was a mistake.

• @morbiuswilters said:

I wonder what kind of ballot measures get voted down in Seattle. ... "You probably shouldn't blow marijuana smoke directly in the face of a newborn infant. We won't arrest you, but it's not cool."

Unless the infant has a serious illness, like the sniffles; then its medical marijuana, so it's good.

• @HardwareGeek said:

Congrats to Morbs on his 10,000th post!

Dear lord! He's done it!

Welcome, fellow demigod! Please accept this golden purple dildo!