Left outer join...

• Came into work today and checked out some code written by a collegue, SQL query with a few joins... I think he missed a few PerMEaTaTIons...

Left outer join <snip>
    LEFT OUTER JOIN <snip>
    left outer join <snip>
    Left Outer JOin <snip>
    left OUter jOin <snip>
    Left Outer Join <snip>

• <FONT face=Tahoma>I thinks it's called [random casing]™...

From the makers of [random indentation]™ and [random names]™...

</FONT>

• I see two possible explanations:

1. watermarking (is he afraid that someone will take the work after him? this should help :b)

2. steaganography (does he get paid for the work? maybe his trying to escape?)

• @qbolec said:

I see two possible explanations:

1. watermarking (is he afraid that someone will take the work after him? this should help :b)

A third - he's the inventor of the OrnDCaSE language - all source files are to opened with editors that have built-in support for alternating the case based on system entropy.

• @qbolec said:

I see two possible explanations:

3. Instead of being paid by LOC, he's paid by entropy. (DML keywords are fixed, but random casing increases the entropy.)

• @PeterStephenson said:

I think he missed a few PerMEaTaTIons...

Left outer join <snip>
    LEFT OUTER JOIN <snip>
    left outer join <snip>
    Left Outer JOin <snip>
    left OUter jOin <snip>
    Left Outer Join <snip>

<FONT face=Tahoma>I'd be more worried about the query if it gets all the permutations with all those left joins...

ouch!

</FONT>