Another Firefox usability issue

• Considered Harmful

@Ben L. said:

@joe.edwards said:
    @morbiuswilters said:
    @drurowin said:
    Speak for yourself, I used emacs and Netscape this morning on IRIX 6.5.22.

You know that feeling where somebody says something so retarded that you're not sure if they're trolling or just legitimately insane?

Yeah, there was a crazy guy in another thread that said the police don't need guns.

Well, to be fair, police don't need to wear clothing either. In fact, nobody does. A statement with an unqualified "need" is pretty much always wrong.

I'm pretty sure you're thinking of stripper police.

• @joe.edwards said:

@morbiuswilters said:
    @drurowin said:

You know that feeling where somebody says something so retarded that you're not sure if they're trolling or just legitimately insane?

Yeah, there was a crazy guy in another thread that said the police don't need guns.

No! No! No! Not in this thread, too.

• @Ben L. said:

Well, to be fair, police don't need to wear clothing either. In fact, nobody does.

What about Rosie O'Donnell?

• Considered Harmful

Relax, I just wanted to point out that thisRetard == thatRetard (reference equality).

• @morbiuswilters said:

@drurowin said:

I really do have a SGI Octane2 sitting around that I use for Lisp development using Emacs Lisp, and I use the version of Netscape that's on it to read old Andy Capp comics as I'm doing so. So I'm either insane, or trolling myself too.

• @drurowin said:

I really do have a SGI Octane2 sitting around that I use for Lisp development using Emacs Lisp...

I think we should make a Kickstarter to buy you a new computer. Also, maybe get a dry cleaner to get those stains out of your fur suit.

Whaddya say, guys? Would you donate $10 (less administrative fees) to help drurowin out?

• Trolleybus Mechanic

@morbiuswilters said:

Whaddya say, guys? Would you donate $10 (less administrative fees) to help drurowin out?

A successful kickstart is all about the extras! Reward levels:

$10 - A thank you for helping out a furry, posted to this thread

$20 -  Same as the $10 level, but we'll keep your name private

$50 - A signed 8x10 picture of drurowin in his fur suit, eating a loaf of bread

$100 -  A signed 8x10 picture of druowin in his fur suit, eating a loaf of bread-- placed onto a wooden table and photographed

$250 - A signed 8x10 picture of druowin wearing only the top of his fur suit, yiffing a loaf of bread

$1000 - A custom 15 minute video of druowin yiffing someone dressed as a anthropomorphic loaf of bread

$10,000 - A private yiffing session with druowin and a TDWTF editor of your choice (you must pay for your own airfare and therapy bills)

• @Lorne Kates said:

@morbiuswilters said:

$100 -  A signed 8x10 picture of druowin in his fur suit, eating a loaf of bread-- placed onto a wooden table and photographed

$250 - A signed 8x10 picture of druowin wearing only the top of his fur suit, yiffing a loaf of bread

$1000 - A custom 15 minute video of druowin yiffing someone dressed as a anthropomorphic loaf of bread

$10,000 - A private yiffing session with druowin and a TDWTF editor of your choice (you must pay for your own airfare and therapy bills)

my PayPal is drurowintdwtf@gmail.com.

• @Lorne Kates said:

OH GOD YES.

@Lorne Kates said:

Does this include moderators or is it just you front-page clickwhores?

• Trolleybus Mechanic

@morbiuswilters said:

@Lorne Kates said:

Does this include moderators or is it just you front-page clickwhores?

$50,000 - As above, but includes a threeway yiff with a mod of your choice (except ShadowMod)

$100k - Including ShadowMod (yiffing from the shadows, into your shadowy area)

$250k - As above, but revealed only to you

$500k - (Limited: 0 of 1 available): All above, plus you become the offical fourth enumerated option in True, False, FILE_NOT_FOUND

[The ShadowMod does not yiff. -ShadowMod]

[Wait a minute, I don't remember saying that. -TheShadowMod]

• [deleted entire post -TheShadowMod]

[No! These are impostors! I am the only real ShadowMod! -TheShadowMod]

• Considered Harmful

@Ben L. said:

[deleted entire post -TheShadowMod]

This is an abuse of power! I demand vigilante TheShadowMod come forward, unmask himself, and bring himself to justice!

[Very well, I shall reveal the perpetrator...

..It is I: Detective Gigglepants! Head of the Bread Loaf Li'l Crime Sniffers!

Now go ahead and form a lynch mob and take swift, horrible vigilante justice on my delicate blue countenance! (Just don't do it within 1000 feet of a school since that would violate my probation..) -TheShadowMod]

• @joe.edwards said:

Detective Gigglepants! So you're the one who's been terrorizing our gentle forum!

Quickly, let's form a reactionary, unthinking mob to hunt him down and kill him, before rational thought can overcome our bloodlust! No time to think about it, just kill Detective Gigglepants (or anyone who resembles him)!!

• Considered Harmful

Now that TheShadowMod has been revealed to be Dhrom-- er, Detective Gigglepants, work can begin on the fifty foot gilded stone monument that will honor his work throughout the ages.

We apologize that this bit of subterfuge was necessary. We knew you were too humble to accept our gift, and so we called upon your unimpeachable sense of justice and honor to force you to reveal yourself.

• @joe.edwards said:

Now that TheShadowMod has been revealed to be Dhrom-- er, Detective Gigglepants, work can begin on the fifty foot gilded stone monument that will honor his work throughout the ages.
    We apologize that this bit of subterfuge was necessary. We knew you were too humble to accept our gift, and so we called upon your unimpeachable sense of justice and honor to force you to reveal yourself.

Are you sure you don't want to kill him instead? He did violate the mores of your society which, as I understand it, is a significant offense in hoo-man civilization.

[The identity of ShadowMod is safe once more. -TheShadowMod]

• ♿ (Parody)

@morbiuswilters said:

He did violate the mores of your society which, as I understand it, is a significant offense in hoo-man civilization.

Mores? Civilization? Do we have those around here?

• @ender said:

@El_Heffe said:
    More Firefox usability coming later this year.
    I wonder if they plan to fix browsing in high-contrast mode...
    Well, they always say "IE is better at downloading Firefox". Now I know what they meant.