My name is Corky and I work at SAP

• @Ben L. said:

By the way, what the fuck does this have to do with Ronald McDonald?

I'm flattered that you took the time to do this search. It makes me feel special! And I don't mean "special" in the way some would rudely label people with a learning disability. I mean "special" as in feeling blessed that you interrupted your busy daily routine of playing with Go and Couchbase to actually lookup my avatar.

Believe it or not the answer to your question lies somewhere in the CS database. Too bad it's not a retarded document dump that can be queried with fisher-price programming languages!

• @Ronald said:

@Ben L. said:
    By the way, what the fuck does this have to do with Ronald McDonald?

I'm flattered that you took the time to do this search. It makes me feel special! And I don't mean "special" in the way some would rudely label people with a learning disability. I mean "special" as in feeling blessed that you interrupted your busy daily routine of playing with Go and Couchbase to actually lookup my avatar.

Believe it or not the answer to your question lies somewhere in the CS database. Too bad it's not a retarded document dump that can be queried with fisher-price programming languages!

• @morbiuswilters said:

@Ronald said:
    Q: What is the difference between jumping in bungee and sleeping with a guy that got AIDS?
    A: No difference, if the rubber is not reliable enough you're probably gonna die.

I'm most offended by your grammar here. "Jumping in bungee"? "Guy that got AIDS?"

Also, people with AIDS can live a pretty long time nowadays (well, if they live in a first world country).

Other than that, it was pretty good.

Yes, but it was a pun joke and not an AIDS joke.

Wait, why am I posting to this thread? Argh, maybe it's not too late to hit the unsubcribe button.

• @Zecc said:

Wait, why am I posting to this thread? Argh, maybe it's not too late to hit the unsubcribe button.

Yoda would definitely kick the shit out of you for not making a strong commitment to post or not to post.

Just in case you are Star Wars illiterate: you are like a girl who pretend to be a virgin full of virtue because when she goes at it all night with the entire football team she only takes it in the mouth and in the ass.

Off-topic: is it just me or the name Star Wars sounds wrong? there is more than one stars involved but really only one war.

• @Ronald said:

Off-topic: is it just me or the name Star Wars sounds wrong? there is more than one stars involved but really only one war.

Lucas probably made the "Attorney General" mistake.

• For some strange reason I felt very compelled to share that I come from a family of autism/aspbergers, and that I hate hate hate Neill Degrasse Tyson.

• @gu3st said:

So long, and thanks for all the Fish!

(Hey, I'm going to have to remember that one for the alt.obituaries group when Vigoda does finally kick it.)

There.  Now this post has Fish and CHiPs.

• @arh said:

I hate hate hate Neil Patrick Harris

Hey no NPH bashing!

• @arh said:

For some strange reason I felt very compelled to share that I come from a family of autism/aspbergers, and that I hate hate hate Neill Degrasse Tyson.

• @Ben L. said:

@arh said:
    For some strange reason I felt very compelled to share that I come from a family of autism/aspbergers, and that I hate hate hate Neill Degrasse Tyson.

One of those three childish underlines is not like the others

• @Ronald said:

Whenever possible I try not to insult someone unless they did it first

@Ronald said:

Yoda would definitely kick the shit out of you for not making a strong commitment to post or not to post.

Just in case you are Star Wars illiterate: you are like a girl who pretend to be a virgin full of virtue because when she goes at it all night with the entire football team she only takes it in the mouth and in the ass.

• @Ronald said:

@Ben L. said:
    @arh said:

One of those three MS WORD SPELLCHECK DOT EXE underlines is not like the others

Neil deGrasse Tyson does not have a lowercase g in it at any point.

• @Ben L. said:

@Ronald said:
    @Ben L. said:
    @arh said:

Oops, my bad. Guess he's a great guy then.

• @arh said:

@Ben L. said:
    @Ronald said:
    @Ben L. said:
    @arh said:

Oops, my bad. Guess he's a great guy then.

Glad we got that sorted out. Now, what's the next topic? Oh, penises. Who would have guessed?

• Ronald is the new blakeyrat

• @spamcourt said:

Ronald is the new blakeyrat

No. At the core of blakeyrat is a seething volcano of pure hatred. At the core of Ronald is a seething volcano of pure boofhead.

• @flabdablet said:

boofhead

daeh
    foob

• @spamcourt said:

Just from that statement I can tell that you are a male in his 30s, white but with a little ethnic twist from your mother's side (specifically from her father I guess), you are gay or at least bi-curious and have spent at least two years working part-time in either a 7-11 or another type of low-end retail shop. I think you are an only child, you prefer soft shell tacos, you bunch up bedsheets when you sleep, and there is at least one useless, disconnected cable behind your tv. You were not popular in early years of high school but became quite the loud mouth later on, and your best friend is a girl who typically wears men clothes and has great woodworking skills.

So what do you say, am I ready to start my online psychic business? I'm guessing that I'm right on the money, at least 80%.

• You got at least 6/10 wrong (I don't eat tacos).

• @spamcourt said:

You got at least 6/10 wrong (I don't eat tacos).

So you are gay?

• @arh said:

Degrasse

Wasn't that that Candian show about a high school?

• @arh said:

I hate hate hate Neill Degrasse Tyson.

What did he say?

Apart from repeating his Cool Anecdotes every time he's on some show, he's a good guy, no?

• @morbiuswilters said:

@spamcourt said:

You got at least 6/10 wrong (I don't eat tacos).

So you are gay?

Hey if you want I can profile you too... unless you have something to hide!

• @Lorne Kates said:

3) A CYA "Are you old enough to drink" page. Which wouldn't be so bad, except that the Yes and No options are prevented as CHECKBOXES. Not radio buttons. Not just buttons. Checkboxes.

I'm old enough to drink but I probably shouldn't be allowed to, so I checked both. It set my PC on fire.

• Also Asperger Syndrome doesn't exist anymore as of last weekend.

• @Ronald said:

Hey if you want I can profile you too...

Okay!

• @flabdablet said:

@spamcourt said:

No. At the core of blakeyrat is a seething volcano of pure hatred. At the core of Ronald is a seething volcano of pure boofhead.

And I'm pretty sure blakeyrat is a furry.

• @Ronald said:

And I don't mean "special" in the way some would rudely label people with a learning disability.

Developmental disability.  Learning disabilities are different.  Down Syndrome, AIDS, leprosy, and the mumps are examples of developmental disabilities.  Learning disabilities are shit like dyslexia, autism, and ADHD.  They label them as "learning disabilities" so that the teachers don't have to deal with kids who aren't 100% quiet little automatons who will shut up and do worksheets so Teacher can sleep off a hangover in the coat room.  Look at all the self-professed autistics on this forum.  If you were a teacher, would you want to have one of them interrupting your filmstrip time with questions while you're trying to Facebook under the desk on your phone?

I know a person who's gotten it into his head he's disabled because of this shit.  It makes me fucking depressed to see him expect to fail at everything he does because someone told him he was "disabled".  WELL HE IS NOW, YOU FUCKERS, BECAUSE HE DIDN'T MEET YOUR FUCKING EXPECTATIONS OF A QUIET SHEEP WHO WILL SHUT UP WHILE YOU TEXT TONIGHT'S DATE DURING CLASS.

• @drurowin said:

I know a person who's gotten it into his head he's disabled because of this shit.

I know a guy who farts a lot but because it's caused by a medical condition he thinks he does not have to apologize when it happens in public. Seriously.

• @Ronald said:

@drurowin said:

I know a person who's gotten it into his head he's disabled because of this shit.

I know a guy who farts a lot but because it's caused by a medical condition he thinks he does not have to apologize when it happens in public. Seriously.

By disabled I means suffers from severe depression, afraid to even attend a job interview because he's been told all his life he's "disabled".  He wants to be normal.

• @drurowin said:

@Ronald said:

@drurowin said:

By disabled I means sits at home with severe depression, afraid to even attend a job interview because he's been told all his life he's "disabled".  He wants to be normal.

I sit at home with depression, but instead of being afraid of life, I've decided not to give a fuck.

It's very liberating.

• @Ben L. said:

I sit at home with depression, but instead of being afraid of life, I've decided not to give a fuck.

It's very liberating.

I bet your parents wish they could liberate you out of the basement.

• @drurowin said:

Down Syndrome, AIDS, leprosy, and the mumps are examples of developmental disabilities.

What the fuck? Only the first is considered a developmental disability.

@drurowin said:

They label them as "learning disabilities" so that the teachers don't have to deal with kids who aren't 100% quiet little automatons who will shut up and do worksheets so Teacher can sleep off a hangover in the coat room.

Regardless of how bad the teachers are, those are still legitimate learning disabilities. Of course, the real problem is most people diagnosed with ADHD and autism anymore don't really have those conditions.

@drurowin said:

Look at all the self-professed autistics on this forum.

I don't trust any self-professed autistics. I've known some and they were full of shit. They didn't have autism (any doctor could have told them that) but they wanted to believe they did because it gave them an excuse for failing at everything.

@drurowin said:

I know a person who's gotten it into his head he's disabled because of this shit.  It makes me fucking depressed to see him expect to fail at everything he does because someone told him he was "disabled".  WELL HE IS NOW, YOU FUCKERS, BECAUSE HE DIDN'T MEET YOUR FUCKING EXPECTATIONS OF A QUIET SHEEP WHO WILL SHUT UP WHILE YOU TEXT TONIGHT'S DATE DURING CLASS.

If he wasn't able to deal with a moderate amount of social pressure, then he probably was disabled somehow. If his response to being told he had a disability was "Ok, I guess I give up on succeeding" then, well, he probably wasn't going to succeed much in the first place.

• @drurowin said:

@Ben L. said:

It's very liberating.

Says the Solaris user who spends evenings making videos of him running shell scripts

• @drurowin said:

By disabled I means suffers from severe depression, afraid to even attend a job interview because he's been told all his life he's "disabled".

He's clearly got psychological problems, then. The fact that someone told him he was disabled has little to do with it. Part of normal development is learning at a young age to be able to assess your own abilities and to deal with social pressures when they act against you.

• @Ben L. said:

Not giving a fuck is the same thing as being afraid of life.

@Ben L. said:

It's very liberating.

For awhile. Then it becomes shockingly oppressive. You're better off learning to cope with depression than letting it dominate your life.

• @Ronald said:

@drurowin said:

@Ben L. said:

It's very liberating.

Says the Solaris user who spends evenings making videos of him running shell scripts

Hey, it's my own shack house that I have an underwater mortgage on, but it's mine.  And my workstation is in a second floor bedroom, overlooking the scenic drainage ravine that runs through the backyard.

• @Ben L. said:

It's very liberating.

What's your amateur radio callsign, out of curiosity?

• @drurowin said:

@Ronald said:

@drurowin said:

By disabled I means suffers from severe depression, afraid to even attend a job interview because he's been told all his life he's "disabled".  He wants to be normal.

I have a friend just like that. His entire upbringing his parents were overly concerned and he he ended up buying into it. Ok, so he had difficulties concentrating, so what? People are different, we all have our things, but that doesn't mean we're unable to make a living in this seriously varied society. Took him many years to "recover", now he has a great job and things are running smoothly. Sure, he can't get a driver's license since he might tune out and crash into a wall. Big deal, he takes the bus.

Sometimes, people just care too much or are too afraid of the world to just relax a little and enjoy life.

• @morbiuswilters said:

@drurowin said:

If he wasn't able to deal with a moderate amount of social pressure, then he probably was disabled somehow. If his response to being told he had a disability was "Ok, I guess I give up on succeeding" then, well, he probably wasn't going to succeed much in the first place.

Interesting, I hate personality tests because I'm afraid to "fall into" whatever category they decide I'm in (i.e. conform to the stereotype). It seems to me like it's a very typical human trait to alter your behaviour to meet society's expectations. Makes me very happy for growing up as an arrogant little brat who refused to do what my teacher told me to before he could prove that his method was better, that I couldn't care less about sport idols and wore whatever I wanted. I guess that goes for many of us here, but in RL the norm seems to be a bit different.

• @morbiuswilters said:

@Ronald said:
    Hey if you want I can profile you too...

Okay!

There you go

1. You are a male, mid or late 30s
    2. You do not have children of your own but there is at least one kid around, maybe a niece or a nephew.
    3. You grew up in the shadow of someone, either an older brother or a best friend that was more popular, but as years went by you figured out that this person is a loser.
    4. You think that the work clothes you own make you look like a senior manager or an executive, but instead they make you look like the owner of a low-end bowling alley in South Beach or at best like someone who went shopping with his mom at Sears or JC Penney (you should trash everything and go on a shopping spree with a cute girl and a black gay friend).
    5. You have body image issues, maybe a weight problem, and there is something going on with your hair or skin that makes you self-conscious.
    6. One of your parents is running a side-business at home, like doing tax or doing a bit of tailoring
    7. You dry your underwear on a clothesline not in a dryer
    8. You know exactly how much money you made last year
    9. You don't drink coffee
    10. You bring your lunch at work and don't realize that it's one of the reasons you are stuck under a glass ceiling (it's all about perception)

Of course there is no way to validate the answers but I guess it's pretty accurate.

• Pictures! Pictures!

Can you profile me too?

• Ooh! Ooh! Profile me!

• @Ronald said:

You are a male, mid or late 30s

The first part you knew already. The second part is wrong.

@Ronald said:

You do not have children of your own but there is at least one kid around, maybe a niece or a nephew.

No.

@Ronald said:

You grew up in the shadow of someone, either an older brother or a best friend that was more popular, but as years went by you figured out that this person is a loser.

No.

@Ronald said:

You think that the work clothes you own make you look like a senior manager or an executive, but instead they make you look like the owner of a low-end bowling alley in South Beach or at best like someone who went shopping with his mom at Sears or JC Penney (you should trash everything and go on a shopping spree with a cute girl and a black gay friend).

I work at home. My work clothes right now are shorts (tan, olive drab, camo) and button-up shirts in neutral colors (tan, olive drab, pale blue, gray).

@Ronald said:

You have body image issues, maybe a weight problem...

I used to be fit but when I quit smoking I put on some extra poundage. I'm not really conscious about it, but I do realize I need to get back into shape.

@Ronald said:

...and there is something going on with your hair or skin that makes you self-conscious.

My skin is baby soft and white (the best skin color). I'm genetically pre-disposed to male pattern baldness and my hair started falling out when I was 17, so I started taking Propecia. My hair is now thick and lustrous.

@Ronald said:

One of your parents is running a side-business at home, like doing tax or doing a bit of tailoring

My mom is a social worker. I haven't talked to my dad for a few years, after he became crazy and homeless.

@Ronald said:

You dry your underwear on a clothesline not in a dryer

No.

@Ronald said:

You know exactly how much money you made last year

Yeah, but how wouldn't I? It's just a number. I remember every phone number my family had when I was growing up, and we had several. I remember my first girlfriend's SSN.

@Ronald said:

You don't drink coffee

I love coffee, although I mostly drink diet soda. (I drink less coffee than I used to, though, because coffee really goes best with a cigarette. You may not believe me, but you truly don't know what you're missing out on.)

@Ronald said:

You bring your lunch at work and don't realize that it's one of the reasons you are stuck under a glass ceiling (it's all about perception)

I work at home. I'm probably stuck under a glass ceiling because I resolutely refuse to ever go into management, but I don't care. I make more than enough money and I've doubled my income every couple of years for the last decade, so I'm not worried.

@Ronald said:

Of course there is no way to validate the answers but I guess it's pretty accurate.

I guess I could be lying, but I'm not, for what it's worth.

• ♿ (Parody)

@Rhywden said:

I mean, the "joke" falls flat on its face either way. The image he used depicts someone with Down syndrome. Which is not autism. Which makes it completely unrelated to SAP's program.

Wow. It's true what they say about the German sense of humor. I laughed because my experience with SAP tells me that people like Corky already work at SAP. So hiring autistics is probably a step up.

@Rhywden said:

Jokes, even the politically incorrect ones, use one underlying kernel of truth to transport their message. It may be a simplified, exaggerated and distorted version of the truth, but still. This attempt here? Completely fails for the reasons listed above.

It's just sad that people can't see that he's making fun of SAP. The kernel of truth is that SAP is TRWTF.

• @morbiuswilters said:

You're better off learning to cope with depression than letting it dominate your life.

*snaps fingers*

ALL DONE

• Guys -

You're forgetting that like Jewish guys are allowed to do Jewish jokes, and black guys are allowed to do black jokes... so is Ronald allowed to do Down's jokes.

• @morbiuswilters said:

I guess I could be lying, but I'm not, for what it's worth.
    I think you're lying. I think you're not wearing shorts.

<font size="1">Filed under: Baby soft skin ; Thick and lustruous hair</font>