XML, IE, and this dude.

• Saw this today while reading through a forum i frequent.

• It is even more brain damaging to think about the fact that he might have used iexplore.exe to visit the forum and post his problem.

"Mom!!, this screen here says that I'm blind. What to do now?"

• Oh, he knows that IE is there (he says so later in the thread), but speculates that "a part of it" (i.e. the part that tells the XML processor where to look for iexplore.exe) may be missing.  I agree that the initial post looks flat-out stupid, but it turns out to be nothing worse than incomplete understanding and sloppy wording.

• So he fancies himself as a developer, but can'y handle something as utterly trivial as what appear to be a file association error? Nice one.

• Well, his screen name is "Java Kid" so I'd excuse him from ridicule on grounds of retardation.

• I'm too lazy to register for that forum, can someone with an account tell him all he needs to do is to drag and drop the file onto his browser window?  Geez...

• @emurphy said:

Oh, he knows that IE is there (he says so later in the thread), but speculates that "a part of it" (i.e. the part that tells the XML processor where to look for iexplore.exe) may be missing.  I agree that the initial post looks flat-out stupid, but it turns out to be nothing worse than incomplete understanding and sloppy wording.

He mentions having "internet explorer". Note the lack of capitalisation. Given his sloppy wording, he probably uses the term "internet explorer" when he means "browser" and is really using konquerer.

Can someone please tell him to try the following:

edit <FONT color=#a52a2a>/etc/apt/sources.list</FONT> and add the following line:
    <FONT color=#a52a2a>deb http://wine.budgetdedicated.com/apt dapper main</FONT>

Then type <FONT color=#a52a2a>apt-get update</FONT> followed by <FONT color=#a52a2a>apt-get install wine</FONT>.

Or he can go gui and do all that through Synaptic. Once the dowload and install are complete, he should be able to install Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.5 or 6.0 SP1, as long as he uses wineconfig to set the target windows version for iexplore.exe to win98.

I'm to lazy to join that forum.

• @Some Idiot said:

Note the lack of capitalisation.

If you observe his typing style, you will conclude that lack of capitalization of the browser's name does not denote anything at all.

• Also, when I observe the actual text of your post, Idiot, I will conclude that you are already very much aware of this fact indeed.

• @dhromed said:

Also, when I observe the actual text of your post, Idiot, I will conclude that you are already very much aware of this fact indeed.

the sig says it all ;-)