Great indian programming league March 2013 contest.

• This is one group on techgig.com

You can participate and win prizes like t-shirts and stuff. This is the contest they have in March 2013.

Problem Statement

Question here is that you are given range of number (A to 😎 and you have to tell the sum of slope of all the number between A and B.

Now we define the term slope of a number N. Slope of a number N is the number of digits (excluding the first and the last digit) which is either maxima or minima in that number.

Consider a number N. A digit in number N is called minima if it is smaller than both of its neighbour and a digit is called maxima if it is larger than both of its neighbour. 

In case of wrong ranges or unexpected ranges, please return  output as -1

Input/Output Specs

Input Specification:
    Input 1 specifies the starting range of numbers. It will be of integer type
    Input 2 specifies the ending range of numbers. It will be of integer type

Output Specification:
    sum of slope value of all the number in the given range . Output will be of integer type

In case of wrong ranges or unexpected ranges, please return  output as -1

Example 1 : Consider the range 1-100 in this range all the numbers are either one digit or 2 digit so the slope value of all the number is zero and hence the sum is zero. 
    Similarly, consider the range 100-150 the sum of slope of all the number in this range is 19

Example 2 : Consider the number 54698 in range 54698-54800. In this number 4 is a minima because it is smaller than it both neighbor i.e. 5 and 6. similarly digit 9 is a maxima because it is grater than both of its neighbor i.e. 6 and 8. 

Slope of 54698 is 2 because it has 4 as minima and 9 as maxima and there is no other minima or maxima. 

Similarly we check next numbers in the range 54698-54800 and sum of slope of all the numbers will be the output.

Some folks have already solved this and I wish them all luck. As for me, I am trying to find out meaning of slope. Then perhaps I can win the t-shirt.

Looks like your connection to What the Daily WTF? was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.