Well, I won't comment your Google Doc

• Today I got this when trying to add a comment on a google doc

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

The funny thing is that a neither F5 nor Ctrl+R worked so there was no way to get the document back to normal until I closed the tab where the doc was on.

• Firefox? That's what confirm("") looks like.

• @ubersoldat said:

The funny thing is that a neither F5 nor Ctrl+R worked so there was no way to get the document back to normal until I closed the tab where the doc was on.

Did it occur to you to hit "cancel?"

• Trolleybus Mechanic

@ubersoldat said:

Today I got this when trying to add a comment on a google doc

Your comment was stupid. Google was stunned into flabbergasted silence by the magnitude of your stupidity. It could barely spit out a wordless expression of "are you fucking serious?"

Stop being stupid around Google. It just embarrassed us all.

• @Lorne Kates said:

@ubersoldat said:

Today I got this when trying to add a comment on a google doc

Your comment was stupid. Google was stunned into flabbergasted silence by the magnitude of your stupidity. It could barely spit out a wordless expression of "are you fucking serious?"

Stop being stupid around Google. It just embarrassed us all.

If only they'd mirror that technology on YouTube, then the site would be worth using.

• Trolleybus Mechanic

@Master Chief said:

If only they'd mirror that technology on YouTube, then the site would be worth using.

Herp Derp Add-On

Significantly improves YouTube comments by replacing them with random herps and derps

• @Lorne Kates said:

Herp Derp Add-On

Significantly improves YouTube comments by replacing them with random herps and derps

Well yeah, except then you lose the 15% or so of the comments that are legitimately insightful, witty, or interesting.

• Trolleybus Mechanic

@Master Chief said:

@Lorne Kates said:

Herp Derp Add-On

Well yeah, except then you lose the 15% or so of the comments that are legitimately insightful, witty, or interesting.

Sarcastic comment: Which Youtube are YOU viewing? {canned laughter}

Actual comment: Yeah, but I'm willing to take that risk. Though, it would be nice if the plugin added a button to un-herp the comments.

• Garbage Person

@Lorne Kates said:

@Master Chief said:

Herp Derp Add-On

Ha. So I have a youtube channel. Some buddies and I, all aspiring shadetree mechanics with project cars, post various videos of us screwing off, screwing up, and generally talking our way through tasks on our various projects. We are not professional mechanics, and generally suck at everything, but it doesn't stop us from trying. Despite this, I have a really professional garage setup with a commercial grade car lift, commercial grade central comrpessed air, all the tools and trimmings, etc.

So there's this one video where we're taking swigs straight out of a handle of vodka while discussing and working on the front suspension of my project car. I expect actually drinking is a violation of some TOS somewhere, but Youtube can eat it. The whole point of the channel is to share shenanigans and occasionally some extremely sarcastic pearls of wisdom with specific groups of people (mostly on car sites) on the interwebs. Of course, some interloper finds their way in, ignores the clearly stated "this is my car..." along with the fact that we totally effed up on a regular basis, and decides to post something to the effect of:

"man thats not cool i cant believe ur drinking vodka and working on sum1s car like dat. i dunno if ur just trying 2 make a funy vid or wat but if thats 4 real i feel sorry4 them bc theyll prolly die in a crash and u caused it"

My response was to the effect of:

"We are not a professional garage. We just have professional equipment. That is MY car. Personally, I'm much more concerned about all the mistakes and parts we broke on my dime than the fact that a bunch of alcoholics built it. After all, the people who built it at the factory originally were notorious for being drunk at work when they weren't on strike."

The dullard then posted again, restating that he couldn't believe we'd work on a customer's car while drunk. I gave up.

• @Weng said:

anecdote

Being that dumb online while sober should be punishable by required 1st grade education.

• @Master Chief said:

@Lorne Kates said:
    Herp Derp Add-On

I think you forgot the decimal point.  .15%

• "FUCK MAN I know. But hey, do u want to watch TV on ur PC? You'll get all the SKY CHANNELS there is, AND from any country IN THE WORLD, on your pc screen!!!!

• FoxDev

@Master Chief said:

@Lorne Kates said:

Herp Derp Add-On

There's always Comment Snob, which will hide all the crap while leaving well-written comments alone in their full glory.

• @Lorne Kates said:

Though, it would be nice if the plugin added a button to un-herp the comments.

The third phrase on the site: "If you insist on reading the original (which is highly discouraged), click the comment."

• Trolleybus Mechanic

@Mcoder said:

@Lorne Kates said:

Though, it would be nice if the plugin added a button to un-herp the comments.

The third phrase on the site: "If you insist on reading the original (which is highly discouraged), click the comment."

Hmm, didn't know that. Must be a new feature.

Still would be nice to un-Derp them all with a single click. But then again, I don't think I'd work even that hard to view a Youtube comment. Just reading Weng's paraphrase above made me want to stuff a cat into an elephant.

• Well make sure you don't use copyrighted music when you upload your video of elephant-stuffing. We can offend anyone except the record companies without any consequences.