Just because you're a neurosurgeon doesn't mean you're sane

• What a dick.

• People become surgeons when they don't mind seeing blood and suffering in other people. But only when their indifference goes as far as not making their hands move even a micrometer can they become neurosurgeons.

• Let see... what is there in prison ? Walls... so Walls are making people gay. Make perfect sense, for wall of bricks, look at New York... bricks everywhere and they were home of the Village People. On the opposite, in farms with wooden walls, no gay. Demonstrated. Next point: where do we also found brick walls ? Hospital. Hence Ben is gay. It's clear, it's obvious... and it's total bullshit!

• "A lot of people who go into prison go into prison straight — and when they come out, they're gay. So, did something happen while they were in there? Ask yourself that question," he said.

:wtf: what kind of sick twisted person says that.

Also composition fallacy.

Also this guy wants to be president.

• Assuming for a moment that all these are true:

1. There is a lot of gay sex in prison (and frankly, I know it's a common pop-culture joke, but I've never seen any actual evidence of this)
    2. There is a lot of gay sex in prison by people who were straight before entering prison
    3. Prisoners who were straight, then engaged in gay sex in prison, then continued to engage in gay sex after release...

What does Occam's Razor say?

1. Prison "turns people gay"
    2. Some people are so sexually-driven that they'll take whatever they can get

• the man is an idiot.

also
    does it matter if it's a choice or not?

• @Jarry said:

does it matter if it's a choice or not?

... also that. No, it does not matter.

If I choose to wear a red shirt, you don't get the right to discriminate against me. Even if I could have chosen to wear a blue shirt instead.

• @blakeyrat said:

If I choose to wear a red shirt, you don't get the right to discriminate against me. Even if I could have chosen to wear a blue shirt instead

Eh... if we're talking employment law shirt color is not a protected class. I'm not saying it's right, just playing devil's advocate.

• @JazzyJosh said:

Eh... if we're talking employment law shirt color is not a protected class.

We're talking morality.

As stated on this forum like a trillion times, morality != law. Usually they're not even close.

• I never understood the conundrum between sexuality being a choice or being natural. I don't understand if it's a reaction from a minority trying to protect itself or an oppressive action from the other side of the fence, because I've heard the argument from both sides.

If I was gay, I'd sure as fuck be proud to be the way I am, maybe even going as far as to saying I've chosen that path. Otherwise it seems to me I would be asking for pity or understanding or something.

No, fuck you! I'm gay because I want to be gay. Or something like that.

(I'm not actually gay).

• The problem with free speech is that it means you can't stop people from saying things that are plain false.

Yes, we realize that this is bullshit and can mock him all we want, but a hundred people somewhere just heard that speech and reinforced their ideas that "the gays" are ruining [country of residence] (why don't they just choose to be straight instead and stop making a fuzz), and a hundred children just learned that homosexuality is something people do to attract attention or something.

Filed under: the female body has ways to try to shut that whole thing down, etc.

• As the article points out, support for gay marriage is like 70%+ in the US. Even super-conservative States are generally above 50%.

Runnong a campaign on opposition to gay marriage is stupid.

• Well, there's been quite a bit of discrimination against gay people in the past couple centuries (and much that still remains, of course). If it's a choice, then the discrimination is "justified" because they could have just as well chosen not to be gay. So they are gay to spite you, and you're just defending yourself.

If it's not a choice, then they aren't being gay just to spite you and you're the one being a dick for punishing them for something they had no control over.

If being gay wasn't seen negatively by so many people (and there are places where you'd be killed for being gay, so it's not just their feeling being hurt) it wouldn't matter.

As an aside, I don't understand being proud about what you are (be it straight, gay, man, woman, black, white, american, chinese or whatever). Being proud about what you made of yourself (finished school, have a job, know a thousand decimals of pi, can run 5 km, whatever) I can understand. That's something you actually put effort into. But being born? That's the lowest bar there can be. You didn't choose your parents.

• But then you have the gay pride parade.

I'm done trying to understand this whole thing. Fortunately I don't give a fuck what people's sexual orientation is so the whole thing is moot on me.

• FoxDev

@blakeyrat said:

If I choose to wear a red shirt, you don't get the right to discriminate against me. Even if I could have chosen to wear a blue shirt instead.

But you are more likely to die in the red shirt

• I don't care to click that link but as long as he's not hating on the gays, that doesn't make him an asshole. At most - simply wrong.

Yes yes, he's probably hating on the gays, making my above point moot for this specific situation. But I think my general point is more important than this specific situation entirely by orders of magnitude.

All english and american people should be ashamed of their language for having sheep go baa instead of maa. That would've made a fine moot joke.

• BINNED

• FoxDev

@CreatedToDislikeThis said:

Yes yes, he's probably hating on the gays

His stance on gay marriage isn't new (previously he's aligned homosexuality with bestiality, pedophilia and murder)

Yeah… safe to say he hates gays.

• Hmm.. Well.. Not safe enough for my standards, but I'll take your word for it.

• FoxDev

Facts are a barrier to bad jokes and tired memes.

Also high post counts.

• Maths

s

• @Kian said:

As an aside, I don't understand being proud about what you are (be it straight, gay, man, woman, black, white, american, chinese or whatever).

I am proud to be Canadian, though. That cost me a couple of thousand dollars, and I had to undergo a medical. I also had to pass a (multiple choice) history test.

• @tar said:

I am proud to be Canadian

That's an odd thing to be proud of, although I suppose it might be an improvement on being Elbonian, or something.

• @HardwareGeek said:

That's an odd thing to be proud of,

I voluntarily undertook a series of actions, the result of which is that I ended up being Canadian, eh?

I'm now legally required to end at least 50% of all sentences with 'eh?', eh?

• @tar said:

I voluntarily undertook a series of actions, the result of which is that I ended up being Canadian

I understood that, but unless the reason was to stop being Elbonian,
    #WHY?

• People should be encouraged to pick their country in their profile (not just a generic location-or-joke write in) so that comments like that can be read in the context they're made in.

• @HardwareGeek said:

WHY?

Because it's easier for me to stay in Vancouver now? I think I am unlikely to provide an answer which will satisy you.

• WRONG VANCOUVER!

Hint: one's in the awesome cool state all the hep cats want to be in. The other's in Canada.

• Is being a bigoted schmuck inborn or learned?

• Isn't your Vancouver the one trying to pretend it's really part of Oregon?

• @da_Doctah said:

Is being a bigoted schmuck inborn or learned?

Yes.

• @tar said:

Isn't your Vancouver the one trying to pretend it's really part of Oregon?

Oregon still beats Canada.

... barely.

• @blakeyrat said:

Oregon still beats Canada.

Can't argue with no sales tax. (Although there's always Alberta...)

• @JazzyJosh said:

>"A lot of people who go into prison go into prison straight — and when they come out, they're gay. So, did something happen while they were in there? Ask yourself that question," he said.

:wtf: what kind of sick twisted person says that.

Also composition fallacy.

Also this guy wants to be president.