Jeff the diseased lung in a cowboy hat

• Tobacco: Last Week Tonight with John Oliver (HBO) – [15:08..18:11] 18:11
    — LastWeekTonight

Transcription for non-USAians:

It's clear what each side wants. Countries want to warn their citizens about the health dangers of smoking tobacco, and tobacco companies want to be able to present branded images that they've spent time and money. So may I suggest a compromise? I present to you the new face of Marlboro, Jeff the diseased lung in a cowboy hat.

We are offering Jeff to you, Philip Morris International, to use as you wish. Put him on your billboards. Put him on some ads. In fact - and don't be mad - we've already started doing that for you.

This is an actual billboard that we have put up in Uruguay of Jeff the diseased lung in a cowboy hat. That is in Montevideo right now. And people seem to like it there. Because of course they like it. Everyone loves Jeff the diseased lung in a cowboy hat.

One more thing. To be completely honest, we didn't just do it in Uruguay. Because we also - and don't be mad - we made some Jeff branded t-shirts and we shipped them to Togo yesterday, where they've been quite a hit. And if you don't believe me, check this out.

[Yeah! Yeah! Yeah! Jeff! Yeah!]

• Why is it OK to engage in bullying and shaming tactics against a completely legal American business? Do you want all these people to lose their jobs? And who are you to discourage Africans from exercising a little personal responsibility? Fucking nanny state SJW bullshit.

• Why do you not like Jeff the diseased lung in a cowboy hat? He's great! I want to be like him when I grow up.

• :belt_onion:

inb4 Poe's law

• @flabdablet said:

Why is it OK to engage in bullying and shaming tactics against a completely legal American business? Do you want all these people to lose their jobs? And who are you to discourage Africans from exercising a little personal responsibility? Fucking nanny state SJW bullshit.

No.

• Out with the cigarettes, in with the marijuana.

Progress!

• (post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 42 hours unless flagged)

• @ben_lubar said:

Why do you not like Jeff the diseased lung in a cowboy hat?

Because he's just a two dimensional stooge for the anti smoking lobby.

Tobacco. Yes indeed. You hear the most outrageous lies about it. Half-baked goggle-box do-gooders telling everybody it's bad for you... pernicious nonsense! Everybody could stand a hundred packs a day! They oughta have 'em, too.

• BINNED

Guys, I think someone broke flabdablet. It seems trolling circuits got crossed with the gibberish generator.

• You know, I'll bet that most of you were thinking the same thing I was when I saw this thread title... surprise, it didn't mean @wood! Then again, even a diseased lung (with or without cowboy hat) would probably come up with better forum software than that Jeff, come to think of it.