TLDR; I have another Kickstarter Project, this time it's a kids book about programming!

##

Last year, I put a project up on Kickstarter that was inspired by things I personally love: games and software. Release! was supposed to be a one-off, quick card game project, but thanks to all of your help, it got pretty popular, pretty fast. We're halfway through selling our second print run of the game, and while it'll never do well enough to pay the rent... it may just do sell enough to get us a nice bottle of scotch, which we sorely need.

I had such a great time with the whole venture that I wanted to put out another project. Which leads me to: Programming Languages ABC++. Here is the idea, it's an alphabet book which has a different code language for each letter: A is for Ada, B is for Basic, etc. Each page has a "Hello World" program in that letter's language, along with some facts about the language, and a colorful illustration of our mascot, the Computer Bug.

Before you say it, I do realize that a toddler won't understand the code. It's not about teaching a baby to make a program, it's about creating a way for us parents, uncles, aunts, etc. to connect with the kids in our life. You know, share a little about what we do, in a context that the kids will actually enjoy.

The whole thing started with my friends Michael and Martine Dowden, a pair of developers who had an idea to make an alphabet book that was all about programing. Within seconds of them explaining the idea to me I knew this would be the next fun project.

Anyway, the project is live, and you can score a book for just $15, or a number of other fun rewards. Even if you don't have any kids in your life, and you've mastered your ABCs, backing at a $1 is still a great way to show your appreciation -- which, of course would be much appreciated!

[Advertisement] BuildMaster allows you to create a self-service release management platform that allows different teams to manage their applications. Explore how!