How To Demoralize Employees: A DIY Guide for Terrible Companies

• I'm lazy. Can you summarize for me?

• @Dragnslcr said:

I'm lazy. Can you summarize for me?

I did research, and I'm still not sure what he's talking about. I found far more stories about Domino's drivers being shot, beaten, raped and such than I did stories about Domino's drivers killing someone else. I did find a few stories that might be relevant, but none of them even hinted at the driver (not) having to pay any damages.

• Trolleybus Mechanic

@Dragnslcr said:

I'm lazy. Can you summarize for me?

Domino's: Hey customers, if you don't get you pizza in 30 mins or less, you get it for free

Customers: Fuck yeah! I'm stopwatching this bitch.

Domiono's: Hey drivers. You know that policy we just came up with. Well, that free pizza's coming out of your paycheck.

Drivers: (already methed up 16 year-olds who need that $1/delivery) FUUUUUUUUUUUUUCLK! {speed, run reds, cut corners, drive like absolutely insane fucktards}

The Maimed, Injured and Relatives Of the Dead: Hey, Domino's, remember how you "passed the savings" on to your employees, effectively encouraging reckless behavior resulting in injury and death? Our lawyers would like to talk about how many millions you owe us.

Government: Also, we're going to have words about what you can and can't dock an employee's salary for-- and how many millions you owe us, too.

Domino's: Well, fuck my peperoni. Okay, drivers, you won't be docked anymore. But customers, it's "pizza in about 30 minutes". We promise nothing. Go fuck yourselves.

• Oh yeah, I think I had heard about that. Definitely a huge liability for encouraging reckless behavior.

If I remember correctly from my previous state, it wasn't illegal to threaten to take money out of an employee's paycheck, it was only illegal to actually do it. I'd be curious to see if Domino's ever did take the money from an employee's paycheck and, if so, which state(s) that was in (I don't know how many states it's illegal in, but I would assume it's illegal in any state much more liberal than mine, like California or New York).

• @Lorne_Kates said:

Domiono's: Hey drivers. You know that policy we just came up with. Well, that free pizza's coming out of your paycheck.

The Snopes story about the reason for ending the guarantee does not mention drivers being docked for late delivery. Do you have a citation for that policy?

• Trolleybus Mechanic

@HardwareGeek said:

@Lorne_Kates said:

The Snopes story about the reason for ending the guarantee does not mention drivers being docked for late delivery. Do you have a citation for that policy?

Used to be can't be arsed to find them.

• I survived the hour long Uno hand

3 posts were split to a new topic: NodeBB Emoji

• @cheong said:

In Hong Kong, we have law that if company want to claim damage from employee, the amount must not exceed 1/3 of the monthly wage, though.

That...sounds open to interpretation.

First there was the damage to the screen ... 1/3 of your monthly wage.
    Then there was the damage to the DVD player ... 1/3 of your monthly wage.
    Then there was the damage to the keyboard ... 1/3 of your monthly wage.

• Actually I remember it wrong, the total must not exceed 1/4 of wages payable.

From http://www.labour.gov.hk/eng/public/wcp/ConciseGuide/03.pdf , chapter 3, section 2.2:

deductions for damage to or loss of the employer's goods, equipment, or property by the employee's neglect or default. In any one case, the sum to be deducted shall be equivalent to the value of the damage or loss but not exceeding $300. The total of such deductions shall not exceed one quarter of the wages payable to the employee in that wage period;

So if you got pay by daily wage of $100 and you damaged something, at most your employer can deduct $25 from your wage.